Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 589108 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1560 on: January 19, 2011, 12:29:45 PM »
I started playing WoW.

Big mistake.

Granted, I didn't have anything at all to do the last week and a half, but that's hardly justification for already getting my character to level 50.

I don't feel like I'll prioritize WoW over school or anything, so I'm not too worried, but still...

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1561 on: January 19, 2011, 05:58:44 PM »
I started playing WoW.

Muahahaha!  WoW claims another victim.

If you feel like joining me, I have my Horde toons on Turalyon and my Alliance toons on Misha.

I have a tiny leveling guild on Turalyon (originally an bank guild, but I decided to do more with it) and my friends and I are trying to build up an endgame raiding guild.  Give me a shout if you roll a character there.  The characters that I play most on Turalyon are Shanoe, Tralok, and Shilaro, so if I'm online it's very likely to be on one of them.

You can also add me on b.net: spectere@gmail.com.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Vinshuka

• View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 19, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
I've been playing Recettear, its terribly addictive, you can get it on steam.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 20, 2011, 01:49:44 AM »
Muahahaha!  WoW claims another victim.

If you feel like joining me, I have my Horde toons on Turalyon and my Alliance toons on Misha.

All of my characters are on Thorium Brotherhood, which is where my friends play. I've mostly been soloing, though, since a couple of my friends got New Vegas and haven't been on WoW too much. I'm rolling Alliance on my main.

Also choosing mining as a profession has made me way more money than I expected.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1564 on: January 21, 2011, 01:28:40 AM »
Also choosing mining as a profession has made me way more money than I expected.

Oh yeah, gathering professions are nice.  My strategy for getting gold on a new realm is to pick up two gathering professions (usually mining and skinning).  You can make tons of money from rich people who want to save time leveling professions.

Edit: You also get some reasonable buffs from them.  Mining gives you stamina, skinning increases your crit chance, and herbalism gives you a heal over time effect and a haste buff.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:30:16 AM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1565 on: January 21, 2011, 04:39:20 AM »
Edit: You also get some reasonable buffs from them.  Mining gives you stamina, skinning increases your crit chance, and herbalism gives you a heal over time effect and a haste buff.

Woah, when did that happen?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1566 on: January 21, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »
Woah, when did that happen?

I think those were introduced in 3.0.8.

Mining and herb gathering also grant experience, as of 4.0.1.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 21, 2011, 08:52:32 PM »
Started Dark Messiah. Never played a first person RPG before, and I was told this one had a fairly good combat system.

Also the hard difficulty is actually hard, which I like.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1568 on: January 24, 2011, 04:52:23 PM »
http://www.havenandhearth.com

This.

Kinda like minecraft int he fact that you start with nothing, in a hostile world in the middle of nowhere, but a LOT harder to survive. You CANNOT punch an animal to death when you start. You need to earn enough LP to learn the skill to fight something.... But of course you could instead spend that LP in learning how to cut down trees, and build stuff for yourself. Eventually you can build a village and mine metal, and wage war, or work in politics towards unifying various towns, and so-on. The Goons have had a large presence in theis game earlier, though I think they've mostly stopped playing now. World 4 Just started recently, so most towns aren't massively advanced. It's very difficult to solo the game, but certainly not impossible, but most of the game revolves around working with people. Of course, there is still PvP so it's not all about building and stuff, there are criminals who raid and such as well.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:54:17 PM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 29, 2011, 03:24:58 AM »
Found my old install disk for Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. I probably last played it 5 years ago, and goddamn I forgot how much I loved this game.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 29, 2011, 05:04:59 AM »
I always played Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 like the sims, as in create park and figure out fun ways to kill people.

but yeah really, REALLY getting into the Witcher recently. Makes me feel guilty for having hardly touched WRPGs, but I'm loving it. Oh, and I just bought Monday Night Combat off of steam, so add me if you have it as well.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 29, 2011, 06:06:54 AM »
Killing people got old pretty fast, IMO. Best way I found to kill them was putting a ride exit over water with no path, so that whenever anyone leaves the ride they drown.

Really, I could build rollercoasters in this game forever. Even after 5 years, it really is like riding a bicycle. I even learned a new trick with block sections today, where you can time different trains on the same rollercoaster to go through certain sections at the same time. So if you build a loop in a track, then later in that track build another loop in that loop, you can use block sections to make two trains go through the loops simultaneously. It looks like this:

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 29, 2011, 02:59:04 PM »
Wow, that alone makes me want to retry and get back into the game. I seem to be that way with a lot of games (the Witcher and Deus Ex recently. Took me several hours to eventually get into them).

Two things that bother me about this game, it can be a bit buggy/crashy, and I'm already running into hackers. Not that I like to cry hacker, but every single kill he got on me was an instant headshot. Then next round I was on this guys team next game and I was standing right in front of him watching his head jerk left and right and instantly fire while getting nothing but headshots. Still, I bothered him a lot and got him killed while he was on my team, so I'm happy.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:26:12 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 09, 2011, 04:12:54 AM »
Replaying HL2. My god is this game soo good. Ties for the best game ever with LoZ:OoT in my book. Which I'll definitely get around to replaying too.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 11, 2011, 07:20:38 PM »
I'd honestly say that HL2 is better then HL, even if it was a bit lacking in enemies and weapons. Shit, HL2 catches a LOT of hate for the vehicle segments, and I actually liked those (the buggy part lasted too long, but the hover craft part was fairly fun).

Also I'm fairly shocked at how fucked Crysis 2 on the PC is. It seems piracy on EVERYTHING has been rampant as all hell, and I'm worried about the measures they'll take.