Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 588486 times)

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1845 on: May 26, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »
There's a lot of issues with the story in mass effect 3, but the thing that annoys me the most is that damn kid. You play as commander Shepard, you have murdered thousands of people, and watched thousands more die, how is the death of one random kid mean any more than the other 10,000? It's just kind of pointless and shouldn't be in there.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Narm

I'm re-playing through the series for my fiance, incidentally. It's actually really neat coming back to Mass Effect 1 knowing what happens in 2 and 3; there's actually a lot more in the way of foreshadowing than I had remembered. Coming back to ME1's inventory management is horrifically painful though :|

(edit: I had the e accented properly, but SMF actually truncated that symbol onward when I tried to include it. Weeeeird.)

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #1846 on: May 27, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
...as for mass effect 3, if you want to ignore some of the stupid things they did to the story, it has BY FAR the best most enjoyable combat in the trilogy. I probably put over 240 hours into the online multiplayer alone.

Yeeeeeep. Right there with ya man. I have actually restarted playing it on Origin. For some reason the Multiplayer just never gets old to me in ME3.

Also I agree with you Spectere about the weapon mod removal. I didn't like that either. I really enjoyed that kind of customization on ALL my gear. It's like they stripped some of the RPG elements away in ME2. I will say however that ME2 has the absolute best story out of all 3 games. Not to take away from the other two THAT much but when I compare the story arch I have to give it to ME2. Lots more characters than any other ME (unless you count Multiplayer on ME3) with nice story archs.

Honestly ME3 is truly epic and I loved EVERY FUCKING SECOND of it......until the end. I'm sure you've heard plenty at this point though. I don't let that take away from the entirety of the trilogy though because it was probably the most engrossing series of games I've ever played. I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a couple tears in ME1 and again in ME3.

I'm sure you already have the "From Ashes" DLC but if not I made a video from that DLC that reveals the entire Prothean history.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:16:50 PM by Zephlar »

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 28, 2015, 02:18:32 AM »
Recently got pokemon omega ruby (the only pokemon game i got the "first" version of, prior was like blue, silver, sapphire, pearl, white, ect), it's pretty neat since the last game I invested real time into was pearl. Not sure how long i'll play before I lose interest (im really only 40 minutes in) but if I want to beat the elite 4 on gen 3 (something I haven't done) this is the place to do it I suppose.

Well apparently the answer to the underline, about 8 days later, is 25 hours. Elite 4 beat, I am the champion of all the pokeymans! I really didn't expect to play more than like 2-3 hours when I made that post.

As for the delta episode post game stuff...ehh, maybe another time. Not sure if I'll open up my still shrinkwrapped copy of pokemon Y, or play something else for the time being. It was a pretty good time though, been a long goddamn time since ive sat down and ENJOYED a pokemon game. I mean I got through gen 4, but I really had to force it, I didn't enjoy it at all. Like literally I think it was gen 2, because even gen 3 at the time wasn't really doing it for me. I guess pokemon isn't dead for me afterall, I just needed a FIFTEEN YEAR BREAK!

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 30, 2015, 11:48:46 PM »
Are you guys on Origin? If so add me "Z3PHLAR". Would be cool to play Multi with you guys.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1849 on: June 02, 2015, 03:59:56 PM »
I have it on pc, but frankly I hate the controls on pc and all of my unlocks are on 360 anyway.

My biggest problem is that they put every action on a single key for controllers and didn't bother to make proper use of the keyboard. I can't tell you how many times I've died because I hit space to run and Shep saw fit to slide over to a wall 5 meters away and crouch down, apparently oblivious to the numerous vorcha that were still shooting her. Grr.

It also irks the hell out of me that they don't have dedicated weapon selection keys in ME2/ME3. The mouse wheel is basically useless because you have to sit there while she cycles through her weapons, and using the command menu (or whatever they call it) is just tedious. The direct weapon selection in ME1 wasn't great because lol function keys, but it was a hell of a lot better than the alternative.

(edit: I had the e accented properly, but SMF actually truncated that symbol onward when I tried to include it. Weeeeird.)

I think I goofed up the MySQL collation settings when I moved the database over to my Linode instance in the first place. I ran into that as well recently. :\

Your name doesn't seem to be mucking anything up, oddly enough, so Unicode isn't completely b0rked. I almost want to say that it's only happening with new posts and such.

Also I agree with you Spectere about the weapon mod removal. I didn't like that either. I really enjoyed that kind of customization on ALL my gear. It's like they stripped some of the RPG elements away in ME2.

Yeppers. I'm glad they reversed some of their decisions in ME3.

Honestly ME3 is truly epic and I loved EVERY FUCKING SECOND of it......until the end. I'm sure you've heard plenty at this point though.

I've heard a lot of conflicting reports as to why the ending was bad, but (without having seen it myself, mind you...so ixnay on the spoilers-ay ;)) a lot of the hate seems to revolve around none of the decisions that Shepard made having any difference in the ending. I'm sure there were plenty of other reasons, but I can certainly defend the game against that one.

But hey, I'm sure I'll find out for myself whenever I finally beat it!

I'm sure you already have the "From Ashes" DLC but if not I made a video from that DLC that reveals the entire Prothean history.

Yep, I have the Digital Deluxe edition because I'm a whore.

After I get through it I'll try to remember to watch your video and bash you relentlessly in the comments for no good reason (because YouTube). ;D

Edit: Okay, From Ashes is pretty fucking amazing.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:53:34 AM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: June 04, 2015, 09:41:58 AM »
Got around to uploading a tutorial on the Volus "Field Medic" class, as I call it. Really the only way a Volus SHOULD be played on Multiplayer. Brought to you in a buttery 60fps :)

There are lots of tutorials on pretty much every other class that are good, but this was the only one I felt needed breaking down because I almost never see anyone playing a Volus properly and didn't see any good videos on it.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:50:28 AM by Zephlar »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1851 on: June 10, 2015, 03:08:40 PM »
I started playing Skyrim again.

SIGH.

I'M NEVER GOING TO FINISH ANYTHING AT THIS RATE.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: June 16, 2015, 11:47:05 AM »
I started playing Skyrim again.

SIGH.

I'M NEVER GOING TO FINISH ANYTHING AT THIS RATE.

Don't feel bad. There is no end to Skyrim when you mod. You should not feel ashamed of being attracted to such greatness. It really never gets old.

Skyrim is still my number 1 of all time. <3

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1853 on: June 16, 2015, 04:11:50 PM »
I wouldn't go so far as to call it my number 1, but it's definitely up there. It's one of my most played games on Steam, for sure. And it's not that I feel bad about playing it, it's more than I feel bad about neglecting Bloodborne and Mass Effect 3 because LOL SKYRIM. :P

It does seem like every time I play through it my mod list grows and grows. This time around I've been working on installing about a bazillion graphical enhancements. I ended up getting something a bit wrong, though, since not all of the textures load (oops!). Still a work in progress. After I get that locked down I'll probably make a copy of my data directory (so that I never have to go through that insanity again) and then cram a bunch of gameplay mods on top of that.

I just wish that Bethesda spent more time on the Khajiit and Argonians. They always seem to have armor and weapon clipping issues until the fans fix them up. It's never a huge enough issue that I ever consider dropping them, of course (I've stuck with my kitties and lizards since Morrowind, dammit).

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: June 16, 2015, 10:55:26 PM »
I wouldn't go so far as to call it my number 1, but it's definitely up there. It's one of my most played games on Steam, for sure. And it's not that I feel bad about playing it, it's more than I feel bad about neglecting Bloodborne and Mass Effect 3 because LOL SKYRIM. :P

It does seem like every time I play through it my mod list grows and grows. This time around I've been working on installing about a bazillion graphical enhancements. I ended up getting something a bit wrong, though, since not all of the textures load (oops!). Still a work in progress. After I get that locked down I'll probably make a copy of my data directory (so that I never have to go through that insanity again) and then cram a bunch of gameplay mods on top of that.

I just wish that Bethesda spent more time on the Khajiit and Argonians. They always seem to have armor and weapon clipping issues until the fans fix them up. It's never a huge enough issue that I ever consider dropping them, of course (I've stuck with my kitties and lizards since Morrowind, dammit).

I HIGHLY recommend Realvision ENB if you like realistic ENB graphic mods. It's GORGEOUS but definitely a performance hit. My GTX 770 4GB gets 45fps average, which is actually quite good for an ENB mod active.

I've broken my Skyrim I don't know how many times, so I may be able to help if you ever run into a problem. ENB required some tweaking outside of the data folder. Gopher on Youtube is excellent at explaining installation. I believe Realvision can be installed through the NMM these days though and only minor tweaking is required.

The Realvision page has great instructions also and he give you all the recommended mods for maximum graphical improvement. I presume you have the SKSE launching your Skyrim?

A great tool for checking on errors in your load order is LOOT. Sometimes crashing is just as simple as things not loading in the right sequence. You can use the up and down arrows in NMM to move the load order.

Yeah thank the gods for awesome nerds. They have fixed anything and everything you could need fixed. I at least give them credit for giving users the tools to make that happen.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:00:37 PM by Zephlar »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1855 on: June 17, 2015, 12:53:00 AM »
I just said screw it and started from scratch. I've run into that issue before, and it's almost always because of mismatched textures and models. Since most of the model/texture replacers that I used involved a ton of loose files, I figured it would make more sense to just install one mod at a time and test, painful as that may be. I didn't exactly relish the idea of popping everything open in NifSkope, trying to figure out exactly which mod pack it came from, and trying to figure out which files it actually needed. :P

I fooled around with Project ENB a little bit. I looked at Realvision, but it looked a bit too surreal for my liking in the screenshots (if you want to turn me off from a graphics mod, liberally include lens flare in your screenshots...I had enough of that in the late 90s, thank you very much). I'm going to give Vividian a shot...the weather effects in it look gorgeous, and it seems like it's a bit more comprehensive than other ENBs, as it includes a mod as well.

I've gotten pretty good at repairing Skyrim when I went through it during my last playthrough, not to mention tweaking some Papyrus scripts to my liking. I was doing so much picking and choosing that I just got fed up and extracted some BSAs and started mixing and matching models. :P This time around I'm using Mod Organizer (more straightforward than Wrye Bash, more powerful than Nexus Mod Manager) and the experience has been much more positive. The way that it installs mods is bloody brilliant, to the point that I wondered why in the hell they seemed to be the first to implement it. I was actually considering writing a quick and dirty mod manager that used their approach* until I ended up finding it since I tend to deal with loose files in a lot of cases (especially texture replacers, since loose files are more efficient than BSAs).

And yeah, I use SKSE. It's pretty much mandatory if you want to have any fun (even with vanilla! I can't imagine playing without SkyUI).

*Basically, it installs the mod into a directory in its own directory tree. When it comes time to install the mod to your Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout/whatever directory, copies the files over there. When it needs to uninstall or check to see if another mod is trying to trample on another mod's files, it uses the directory tree that it created to know which files each mod uses. Simple, effective, and it eliminates the biggest issue that NMM has when you need to uninstall and reinstall mods: namely having to wait ages for it to unpack 7-Zip files and doing the install progress all over again. The fact that it's compatible with both FOMOD and BAIN installers (unlike NMM and Wrye Bash, which don't really support each other at all) in addition to simple archives is a huge plus as well.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:55:06 AM by Spectere »

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 29, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »
I just said screw it and started from scratch. I've run into that issue before, and it's almost always because of mismatched textures and models. Since most of the model/texture replacers that I used involved a ton of loose files, I figured it would make more sense to just install one mod at a time and test, painful as that may be. I didn't exactly relish the idea of popping everything open in NifSkope, trying to figure out exactly which mod pack it came from, and trying to figure out which files it actually needed. :P

Not familiar with NifSkope. I use LOOT, BOSS, & TES5EDIT to keep my stuff loading proper. The newest LOOT is incredible IMO. It tells you in good detail exactly which mods are causing which issues and even recommends other mods depending on the issue.

I fooled around with Project ENB a little bit. I looked at Realvision, but it looked a bit too surreal for my liking in the screenshots (if you want to turn me off from a graphics mod, liberally include lens flare in your screenshots...I had enough of that in the late 90s, thank you very much). I'm going to give Vividian a shot...the weather effects in it look gorgeous, and it seems like it's a bit more comprehensive than other ENBs, as it includes a mod as well.

Lol! I <3 lens flare! I wasn't a PC gamer until the last few years so, it's all sexy to me ;)
There is a really good in game menu to adjust the settings however you like (including flare) so it kind of gives me the option to make it like other ENB's by tweaking the built in settings.

I've gotten pretty good at repairing Skyrim when I went through it during my last playthrough, not to mention tweaking some Papyrus scripts to my liking. I was doing so much picking and choosing that I just got fed up and extracted some BSAs and started mixing and matching models. :P This time around I'm using Mod Organizer (more straightforward than Wrye Bash, more powerful than Nexus Mod Manager) and the experience has been much more positive. The way that it installs mods is bloody brilliant, to the point that I wondered why in the hell they seemed to be the first to implement it. I was actually considering writing a quick and dirty mod manager that used their approach* until I ended up finding it since I tend to deal with loose files in a lot of cases (especially texture replacers, since loose files are more efficient than BSAs).

And yeah, I use SKSE. It's pretty much mandatory if you want to have any fun (even with vanilla! I can't imagine playing without SkyUI).

*Basically, it installs the mod into a directory in its own directory tree. When it comes time to install the mod to your Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout/whatever directory, copies the files over there. When it needs to uninstall or check to see if another mod is trying to trample on another mod's files, it uses the directory tree that it created to know which files each mod uses. Simple, effective, and it eliminates the biggest issue that NMM has when you need to uninstall and reinstall mods: namely having to wait ages for it to unpack 7-Zip files and doing the install progress all over again. The fact that it's compatible with both FOMOD and BAIN installers (unlike NMM and Wrye Bash, which don't really support each other at all) in addition to simple archives is a huge plus as well.

Seems like you have a much deeper understanding of the process with scripting than I do. I'm inclined to trust your opinion on it. Let me know how that works out.

So I made a GIF of the mod I installed this weekend. It's more immersive and fun than you would think. Seems like they put a lot of work into it.

Azura's Kush ftw :)

Also, been having way too much fun with chickens....

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:10:05 PM by Zephlar »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1857 on: June 29, 2015, 11:23:32 PM »
Not familiar with NifSkope. I use LOOT, BOSS, & TES5EDIT to keep my stuff loading proper. The newest LOOT is incredible IMO. It tells you in good detail exactly which mods are causing which issues and even recommends other mods depending on the issue.

NifSkope is a model viewer. It's pretty handy for working out texture issues on static meshes.

My latest love is Mod Organizer. It's better than I could have ever hoped. Instead of polluting your Data directory it links Skyrim to a virtual directory via either injection (ala ENB) or an SKSE plugin. Basically I have all of my mods in, say, D:\SkyrimMods and Skyrim installed in my Steam folder. When Skyrim loads, MO forces Skyrim to load data (BSAs, ESPs, ESMs, SKSE plugins, loose files, pretty much anything) from the various mod directories in D:\SkyrimMods in the order that I dictate. Furthermore, it supports FOMOD and BAIN installers as well as Nexus link integration, so there's no real reason for me to use NMM at this point.

I also use Wrye Bash to create bashed patches (combining multiple ESPs into one to improve performance and reduce the number of concurrent modules) and apply some tweaks. Pretty handy, that.

Lol! I <3 lens flare! I wasn't a PC gamer until the last few years so, it's all sexy to me ;)

Fair enough. :P

There is a really good in game menu to adjust the settings however you like (including flare) so it kind of gives me the option to make it like other ENB's by tweaking the built in settings.

Yep, I've seen that.

I ended up redoing all of my mods (currently running a STEP:Extended install with a bunch of survival mods thrown in), so I haven't gotten around to installing an ENB yet (I have ENBseries installed specifically for ENBoost; haven't enabled the graphics stuffs and installed an effects set yet). Figured I'd make sure things remained stable first.

Seems like you have a much deeper understanding of the process with scripting than I do. I'm inclined to trust your opinion on it. Let me know how that works out.

I had to tweak a bunch of Papyrus scripts with my last mod set. Forgot exactly what I had to do to make everything work, but it did give me a pretty good understanding of some of the stuff that goes on under the hood.

So I made a GIF of the mod I installed this weekend. It's more immersive and fun than you would think. Seems like they put a lot of work into it.

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Also, been having way too much fun with chickens....

XD

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: July 13, 2015, 11:55:38 AM »
DIABLO 3

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Radunas-1485/hero/41074544

Just got back into it again, definitely enjoying the updates - pushing my progress in the Torment levels and testing my limits in nephalim rifts. I can solo T1 neph rifts, and qualified for a level 12 greater rift after the trial solo as well. With the lvl 12 greater rift, I beat the guardian literally 3 fucking seconds after the 15 minutes hit so I didn't get to advance, but I did get to learn about upgrading my epic gems. Which is awesome.

Also dabbling in enchantment/transmog, making this game a whole lot more fun.

I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1859 on: July 13, 2015, 04:18:32 PM »
It's truly amazing how much Blizzard turned Diablo 3 around since RoS dropped. I generally enjoyed my time in 1.0, but 2.0 has just been absolutely incredible so far.

I also played and beat The Magic Circle last night (and got most of the collectibles). I freaking loved it.