Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 589255 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #705 on: August 31, 2009, 11:45:14 PM »
What's doubtable? That I topped leaderboards using an SMG? Because I've done that a lot. The P90 is ridiculous.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 01, 2009, 02:34:14 AM »
I mean them balancing the game more. That and the P90 is the noob weapon (I hate the term, mostly because it sounds retarded and because it can have a lot of different meanings. The one I'm going off of is that it's the easiest gun to use and to get results with). Hell I used to use it as a silenced gun because it had no recoil.

vladgd

« Reply #707 on: September 01, 2009, 02:35:48 AM »
my 18 kill streak was from a smg(read my previous post), and ive done well with them. 

but if any weapon needs buffs, it's shotguns.  seriously, nobody uses them for a reason.  but if anything, i just want more weapon variety, other than "HEY ASSAULT RIFLE IS THE ONLY WEAPON IN THE GAME"

lmg's are fine though, probably my favorite weapon type as of current.  rpd being my favorite gun of that class...making it my favorite gun out of all the guns.  if anything was changed about the lmg, it would be to make more of them, i mean, only 3?  give me more than that.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 01, 2009, 03:21:38 PM »
Yes, the shotguns have a laughable kill range and the fact that the knife LUNGES and is a one hit kill is a real kick to the shotguns balls. I honestly don't know what they were thinking, but I agree that they need a buff.

Oh yeah, and despite LMG's having a lot of cons (heavier then rifles, less accurate) they're still rather awesome.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #709 on: September 02, 2009, 12:04:58 AM »
Just started playing MGS4.

The controls definitely take some getting used (R2 really feels like it should be the fire button, not R1, etc) but...dang.  I love the cinematic-ness of it all so far.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 02, 2009, 01:55:54 AM »
I tried replaying CSS, but I've just lost my love for the game. That and I'm fairly awful. It's odd, playing the game at a mediocre level doesn't take much but being actually good is fucking hard.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #711 on: September 02, 2009, 01:09:14 PM »
I just tried to play rRootage, Warning Forever, and The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.  I don't know if the problem is my laptop's small arrow keys or just that I don't use the slowdown key enough, but DAAAAMN I've gotten bad at these.  I need to find some time to practice these.  Seriously, they should put mouse controls in these games.

vladgd

« Reply #712 on: September 02, 2009, 09:01:30 PM »
playing zeno clash

HOLY FUCK THE COMBAT IS ANNOYING DO NOT BUY

that is all

*edit*

k i beat it.  the combat has POTENTIAL to be good, but with multiple opponents, it kind of feels like a mess and frankly gets pretty frustrating.

i mean, you lock on to an enemy, and you are going all fisticufs on him...then one of his bastard friends shoots you, or knocks you down "which in turn you have to spend 5 or so seconds getting back up".  they either needed to make this pretty much a 1v1 or 1v2 game, or alter the combat to better manage multiple opponents.  because sometimes you are fighting onwards of 5+ dudes at a time, and it's a bitch trying to manage everything since this is essentially a FIRST PERSON FIGHTING GAME with some shooting, but good luck reloading with a crazed whatever running you down. 

i guess if i spent more time getting used to the combat, id have some fun, but it didn't help that the game defaulted to HARD.  otherwise ive heard from others that the combat is good, and the 1v1 combat is fine, but when you mix it up with multiple people, it's just frustrating. 

as for the stuff you DON'T but a game for (story/atmosphere), it's ok.  i mean, the general tone/atmosphere to the game is pretty good, the characters are all fucked up, the environment as well.  it's like suda51 and tim burton had a baby, and frankly i enjoyed it.  hell, the entire game is pleasantly fucked up.  i mean, the game starts off with you killing your clan's "father-mother" some freakish girl/boy bird thing with a huge long nose and a screachy voice.  but it's good, i just wish the gameplay was better. 

all in all, i was frustrated during a good bit of the battles, and it lasted me about 3 hours.  but it was only $15, and the team who made the game was pretty small/low budget, so i can give them some leeway.  they ARE making a sequel, and if they can fix some of the problems for the first game, i will buy it.  as for recommending this game, try the demo(i didn't, i just impulsed bought this sonbitch), and then see how much $15 is worth to you to be honest. 

i don't like number grades, they don't really convay the quality of a game, but i would give this a 6/10.  if only because i didn't pick up on the combat as quick as i should have, but really that's my problem, since apparently most of what i hear about the game praises the combat.  that and this is a pretty unique game, and i applaud the developer for doing something fresh and new.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:30:05 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 02, 2009, 11:01:37 PM »
I thought the demo was pretty bad and didn't bother with it after that. Breakdown on the Xbox did first-person melee combat a lot better from what I saw of Zeno Clash.

I am now playing Metroid Prime Trilogy and I will beat all three games in order and hell yes it's so good.

And I'm still waiting on GameFly to deliver Guitar Hero 5 to me.

vladgd

« Reply #714 on: September 04, 2009, 03:50:39 AM »
played a few sf2 matches.  in terms of characters im good with.

1. GIEF
2. HAWNDA
3. HAWK
4. DEE JAY
5. uhh...maby chun
6. ermm...the rest of the roster?

in terms of characters that lack much skill to use properly

1. HAWNDA
2. BLAWNKA
3. EVERYBODY ELSE AT LEAST REQUIRES SOME THOUGHT EVEN AKUMA AS OVERPOWERED AS HE IS REQUIRES A BIT MORE THOUGHT

seriously, i love using honda, but really, it's like picking the m16 with stopping power on cod4.  you use him for easy kills to have some dumb fun, you don't go "I FUCKIN OWNT U IM SO MAWCH BETTUR THAN U AT DIS GAYM!11111111111"  but seriously, it's hard as shit to deal with even his headbutt unless you are really good, and HHS is retarded on the chip damage, not to mention his command throw is the easiest throw to do in the game, including regular throws.  i win more games with honda, but im BETTER at using zangief if that makes any sense.  and blanka, well, he's blanka.  this isn't sf4 so he isn't as gay, but still, he makes me put on my "this is bullshit" face. 

also a good cammy is impossible for me, plain and simple, i CAN NOT beat a good cammy with my zangief or t-hawk.  i think it's because they are so rare, i mean, you fight decent cammys that are ok, but GOOD cammy's beat my ass down harder than the good shotos.  the only exception is a good chun, she might even be harder, but it's hard to tell because a good chun is FUCKING ANNOYING GOD DAMN. 

and sagat, in sf2....NOBODY EVER PICKS HIM EVER.  no kidding, i see more cammy than sagat, i even see more FEI FUCKING LONG than sagat.  i think it's because in sf2 people really only picked old sagat, and now that you can't pick osagat, he's probably down to ken's level, maby even lower.  he's fun to fight charge projectile characters *cough*guile*cough* with though. 

anything else to add to this bloglike random sf2 post?  uhh, looking for a character to work on that isn't hawk/gief/honda.  probably a motion character since im ok with the charge characters.  hell, maby sagat, he's kind of fun.  im thinking of motion characters and crossing them out "cammy, fei, ryukenakuma" that leaves sagat...and dhalsim...i guess i may work on sagat then since you basically have to be pro to be even bad at using dhalsim.  you know, i could even pick "insert shoto here" but even if i got past the playing a faggot character (ignore me picking sagat, i don't have much against him even being top tier, even in sf4, i mean, boxer is the best character in the game and i have nothing against him) i don't like the short range of their non fireball/SHORYUKEN moves.  that's what i enjoy about fighting them, because you can easily out poke them if you are smart.  but uhh, i don't know, never really got good at using a motion character (grapplers are different brah) so i figure it would be something fresh and new for me.

*edit*
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/31/super-street-fighter-2-turbo-hd-remix-tiers-character-rankings/#comments

one of the first sf2hdr tier lists, and well, i didn't expect that at all.

zangief/hawk are easily better than fei/cammy.  sagat needs to be moved down a few notches. 

but what can i say, im not a pro.  it's just fucked up that gief, being better in this game, is put at the bottom of this list(like THE bottom, not near the bottom, THE bottom).  wellp, only time will tell.  if anything, id prefer he stayed down there, makes me feel better about my wins.

*edit*

no wonder cammy/chun are hard for me.  4-6 for both of them, in their favor.  the 1-9 zangief-akuma seems fucked up though.  maby i just haven't been fighting THOSE akumas, which is saying alot since 6 out of every 10 players EVEN ON SF2 pick akuma.  i guess it beats sf4 where 8 out of every 10 people i fight pick akuma.  sure, it's fine to have a popular character, i can now tolerate ken/ryu, BUT DELETE AKUMA GOD DAMN I HATE HIM JUST REMOVE HIM FROM THE HISTORY OF STREET FIGHTER PLEASE CAPCOM JUST KILL HIM OFF AND NEVER BRING HIM BACK.

anyway, im working on sf2 dic, he's pretty fun, but for a charge character, i think he's the hardest one to use.  i mean, he just flows differently than the other charge characters, you can't really just sit on a down back and be ok, you have to be up in the enemies grill poking them with standing kicks and figuring out when you can do your HIGH DIZZY combos for big damage.  but i guess that's what practice is for.  if you can land a dizzy, and you know what you are doing, you literally just win.  unlike sf4, no teleport, no bullshit.  that and psycho crusher is actually worth using sometimes.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:50:22 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 06, 2009, 03:21:11 AM »
I think I might finish up Crysis. That or man up and beat steamwood on BFM. I hate myself for not beating my games.

vladgd

« Reply #716 on: September 06, 2009, 03:32:07 AM »
you should beat crysis, it's not exactly long. 

but jesus can it get hard during the jungle part of the game, those bitches FORCED you to use your suit.  which is nothing but a good thing in my opinion.  always like stealth grabing a korean and hes' all "RET ME GROW" and i throw his ass and shoot him like he's skeet. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 06, 2009, 06:15:14 PM »
I'm thinking of replaying it on the hardest difficulty, because it seems it makes more use of your suit powers (oh hai Rev Rant) but I should probably finish it first.

Also after leaving Brave Fencer Musashi alone for a while I have seemed to beat the second steamwood incident on my first try with 7 seconds left. I came.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 06, 2009, 07:44:06 PM »
So I beat Guitar Hero 5. None of the songs are hard at all. Scatterbrain was probably the hardest but they let you use the touch strip for the non-guitar part so it becomes super easy. The last song is Spirit of the Radio (Live) and it's really easy aside from one pattern that's just annoying that happens over and over again. The rest of the song is really easy.

Yeah, it's going back to GameFly asap so I can try to get Beatles: Rock Band or Batman or Muramasa (omfg if you haven't seen this game yet wow it's so amazing) or Dirt 2 or something.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 06, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »
What the fuck, the aliens in Crysis shoot me with ICE BEAMS.

Also yeah, Muramasa looks fairly awesome, sucks I look forward to only a few games and two of them come out so close to each other.

Fucking....fuck the final boss of Lost Planet, shit's just horribly designed. No seeable attack patterns, randomly flies away from you, randomly shoots missiles, randomly drops mines, randomly fires a fuck huge lazer that can drop damn near a quarter of your life and shoots in a bunch of dumb directions. Plus I can only to noteworthy damage in close range, and it takes a while to get within range.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 05:52:50 PM by MortifiedocAlot »