Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 588563 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #825 on: October 27, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »
Yeah, I figured snipers would be useful early on, considering the advantages of hitting something from far away.

Also I bought STALKER SoC for 5 bucks on steam, they're having a massive sale on it.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 27, 2009, 06:11:16 PM »
So I finally have my 360 back and I've started to play Magnacarta 2. 10 hours in and the game's awesome. Considering how awful the first one was, I am very surprised.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 27, 2009, 07:09:01 PM »
To host an online game, the following ports need to be opened / pushed to the host's internal IP address:
6500 (TCP/UDP)
9989 (TCP/UDP)
7777 (TCP/UDP)
28900 (TCP)
27900 (UDP)
28910 (TCP)

Halp.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 28, 2009, 02:05:41 AM »
Almost got my connection problems straightened out, but apparently it didn't work...

Maybe I need to restart my router for them to take effect?

Anyway me Ulti and another friend where playing Borderlands for like 6 hours today, we got to the next zone and the two boss fights in there were fucking insane. One was a giant Skag that had boss attacks and a ton of health, the other was this arena filled with enemies, enemy cars with rocket launchers, and one huge truck with two rocket launchers as the boss. Also the driving in this game is surprisingly fun, a little bit too floaty but still fun.

Ugh, I'm never beating PE2 or MDK 2 at this point, but at least I'm having fun.

vladgd

« Reply #829 on: October 28, 2009, 02:34:04 AM »

ok, this game.  if you don't like diablo styled games, you will fucking hate this game.  if you love them, you will fucking love this game.  it's that simple.  

three classes, melee dude, ranger girl, mage guy.  you can see, i chose the ranger.  figure i generally go melee in most games (exceptions are diablo 1 and 2 where i typically go sorceror/necromancer respectivley) and i don't generally pick the ranger, so i figured i would mix it up a bit.  also there's guns in this game, so like you can have a rifle, pistol, pistol/shield (AWESOME COMBO THAT IVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE), dual pistols, which is cool.  but i found this bow which does too much damage, so i kind of had to choose it.  

also regardless which class you pick, you get a pet, which can be a cat or a dog, and you can name it.  at first it sounds kind of lame, but after playing a while (im like level 11 and just got the second waypoint) the pet is rather nice.  they can't die, when they lose all of their health, they kind of just run away from enemies until they naturally recover health or you drop a potion on them.  they can equip items (two ring slots and a necklace slot), and have the same inventory space as you do.  

they also have two spell slots which you can put spells on them (spells are found as scrolls in this game, so you find a spell, use it on yourself or a pet, and you learn it.  this is a bit different than the abilities you gain from your skill trees, im assuming spells are universal) so literally, my dog throws fireballs, which is fucking badass.  he doesn't spam em, but he does use them enough to where i am satasfied, though he would use em more if i had him set on aggressive rather than defensive.  

the last cool thing, there's a little money button on the pet meter up in the upper right corner you see in the screenshot.  basically you are in the dungeon, you have a lot of vendor trash on you, and you just want to keep on plowing through stuff rather than going back to town.  load up your pet inventory with the vendor trash, and click that button.  your pet will leave for an amount of time (not sure what determines the time, im just going to assume the amount of items you give him), when he comes back, you receive money since he basically went to town to sell your shit.  

long story short, this game is good, and worth your money if you have a hankerin for a diablo style game.  diablo III won't be coming out for a damn long time, and this is something nice to tide one over until then.  if you do decide to play this game, i would say put it on hard difficulty (or very hard difficulty) since ive only heard normal is too damn easy.  i stated very hard as a possibility because hard feels like what normal should feel like, you know, easy, but like you have to actually pay attention to what's going on.  

to make this more of a tldr.  this game has no multiplayer.  i have to say that since some people would rather not play a game like this single player.  obviously im fine with it, but you know, some people aren't.  as for what they(runic game's the creators of this here vidya) are doing about multiplayer however...(copy/pasted from wikipedia)

Relationship to upcoming MMO

Runic plans to release an MMORPG set in the Torchlight game world 18 months to two years after the release of the single player game. Max Schaefer, Runic Games CEO and former Mythos executive producer, explained the reasoning behind releasing both a single player game and an MMO. The single player game is intended to introduce the Torchlight game world to the public ahead of the MMO. Further, it would allow the team to get a released game under their belts sooner than if they had immediately started on the MMO.[23] Also, while the Torchlight MMO will be a separate game, it will share the same action RPG gameplay and some of the art assets developed for the single player game.[14]

The MMO will feature some different game mechanics and a wider variety of environments, including a shared "over-world."[23][26] Runic has entered into a partnership with Chinese online game developer and operator Perfect World Co., Ltd. to publish the MMO worldwide.[5]

Because the MMO is planned to be free-to-play, it can be seen as a "free MMO upgrade" to the single-player Torchlight game.[27]

so that's happening anyway.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:41:09 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 28, 2009, 07:01:32 PM »
Okay, fuck Parasite Eve 2. The final boss is enough to make me hate the game. First it's a huge enemy with a massive attack that can rape me instantly, then it's another boss with a similar attack, and after that phase she summons a clone that does nothing but chase me down and swipe at me, and when I kill it she instantly summons another. I don't even have enough time to reload and every time I get hit it either turns me blind or paralysis me.

It's not even hard, it's mostly just waiting to attack and the opportunity never comes.

vladgd

« Reply #831 on: October 29, 2009, 02:27:57 AM »

the zombies in the picture are minions of my dog.  yep.  that was taken some time ago, i got him a summon skeleton spell, so he generally rolls with 3 zombies and a skeleton. 

my minion has minions, yep. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 29, 2009, 03:25:35 AM »
Tekken 6 is an absolute tragedy.

Like, I know the game came out in arcades a while ago, but it looks like a slightly upscaled Tekken 5. Textures are awful, clipping all over the place, water is awful. The single player Scenario Mode is really really dumb. The final boss of Arcade Mode is probably the dumbest final boss ever (hey, let's make a boss that can do instant attacks that are almost all unblockable, make him stun on every hit, and make it so he has super armor unless you hit with something really strong on a counter hit! Oh, and he's half the size of the entire screen).

Now, you'd think, who cares? It's a fighting game and those are good for versus right? Well, it would be except the netcode is god awful. I fought a guy that had a 5 bar connection. I do too. It was like a half second of lag on each button press. I've won 1 match out of the 3 that I've been able to get into because the other guy is mashing punch and I'm trying to do stuff and it just gets me killed.

It's fun in local multiplayer. The actual fighting mechanics are good and I really like the new characters (aside from Zafina). But literally everything else in the game is worthless.

vladgd

« Reply #833 on: October 29, 2009, 07:03:32 AM »
alright if i post more about this game, ill make a thread about it.

three things i wanted to say.  pistol/shield is fucking awesome.  im like john wilkes booth, if he was a woman, used a shield, and was a videogame character. 

second, these levels look hella three dimensional, the screens don't do the game justice, seeing the environments in motion is really nice on the eyes.  i mean, playing diablo for the past 10 years, this shit looks amazing. 

third, my dog has two different spells now.  a buff spell which enhances magic damage, and a frost spell.  there are no ways to control your pet other than sending him to town to sell shit, and he fucking buffs himself and casts frost, i love it.

anywho, i have to pull myself away from the game today.  i put nearly 7 hours into that character...(i rarely play vidya half this much in a day)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #834 on: October 29, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »
I've been playing Borderlands and Forza 3 a lot.  That's...pretty much it.

I started my first run through of Borderlands as Roland.  I'm just getting to the "Catch a Ride" quest now.  I'm pretty sure I have everything else complete up to that.

I started out with a Ford Somethingoranother in Forza 3 and bought a Saturn Ion Red Line the second I could.  I'm really impressed with the graphics in the game, as well as the interior models.  Having driven an regular Ion once (albeit briefly) the look and feel of the cockpit is spot on.  I'm not sure how close the other cars are but I imagine they put the same care and attention to all of the other car models.  The driving model is spot-on, as usual.  I haven't had a vehicle roll over on me yet, but we'll see how it goes.

The AI makes its fair share of mistakes, too, perhaps a few too many.  They don't seem quite as eager to trade paint as the ones in Forza 1 and 2, which is definitely nice.  I haven't gotten to use the rewind feature much, but it seems like it could be useful for those instances where the AI rams you at the very end of the an endurance race (I'm not bitter...).  More as I discover it. :)
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 30, 2009, 05:09:09 AM »

The textures in this game are completely bi-polar. Still, I love how the creatures look, shit's sexy.

vladgd

« Reply #836 on: October 31, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »
so im actually working on doing tick throws in actual games right.  this kind of gave me a smile anyway.

knocked down ryu, as he stands up i do the following.

c jab, c jab, c jab.  then i have to pause for a quarter of a second to wait for hitstun, he then jabs, but since i jabbed three times, i was too far away for his jab to hit me.  basically he jabs the instant i spd him, winning my game.  

also funny is doing the spd at the startup of some moves, like guiles upside down kick, any ground fireball, and most likely others.  

but im working on more of the "advanced" stuff.  basically, shit i should already have down.  that and i have to look out for more opportunities to tick with st short.  i could pretty much attempt super with every st short, and if i "fail" the super i still tick into spd.  

this video shows what st short can do.  the zangief player generally plays ken from what ive seen, but he has a pretty mean sf2 gief.  

*edit*

im done with borderlands.  ill beat it if anybody is around level 28, otherwise, 20 hours in the game and ive had enough.  good game, just drags on a bit too long.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 01:01:20 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 02, 2009, 04:33:56 AM »
I just realized I just gave up on Final Fantasy Tactics. I just can;t get into RPGs anymore.

Also I acquired a PS one copy of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure and it doesn't have a move list in the training mode. I am not pleased.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 02, 2009, 02:36:38 PM »
It's funny because the instruction booklet for the game does have a movelist.

Where did you give up on FFT anyway? Almost everything in that game can be destroyed just by abusing Accumulate or whatever it is that raises power for Squires. You just kill every enemy but one and then do that forever to gain JP in whichever class you currently are. Then you get Monks and use Repeating Fist. No one's allowed to give up on that game until Velius.

I've got Dragon Age: Origins coming to me on wednesday. I don't know what to expect.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 02, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »
I assumed there was a move list in the manual, I remember SF Alpha and Darkstalkers doing something similar. Also I guess I'm not huge into SRPGs. Still want to try Fire emblem but whatever. but in unrelated news I've been doing good in STALKER. Everyone has told me it's hard and the guns are crazy inaccurate when you first start, but I've been doing decently. That and the fact that this outpost glitched and made it very easy for me to kill them and take their nice guns and food was rather helpful.

Megaman X4 beaten, FINALLY beat the game as Zero despite playing the game hundreds of times.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 03:42:02 AM by MortifiedocAlot »