Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 588387 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #885 on: November 20, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »
Assassin's Creed 2 is really really good.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 20, 2009, 04:15:13 PM »
I played L4D2 with some friends the day it came out.

They added a shitload of new weapons and a few new special zombies, so zombie killing is as fun as ever. The only problem I have is that now there aren't many of those silent and tense pauses in action like in the first L4D, so L4D2 isn't as scary to me. But hey, if you want to get together with some friends and kill hoards of zombies using a guitar, L4D2 is great for that.

Nah crowbar for be because I want to be goredon frweeemans1

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 21, 2009, 04:01:05 AM »
I've come to the conclusion that any game could benefit from some sort of gambling system, or an arena system (similar to the one in the second Ratchet and Clank games).

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 21, 2009, 11:44:48 PM »
So Assassin's Creed 2 is absolutely amazing and the plot for that series is fantastic. I can't wait for AC3...which makes me really sad because it'll be two years until we see it at least. I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a launch title for Microsoft's next system.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #889 on: November 22, 2009, 01:47:30 AM »
Heh, my brother just got a PS3 with Assasin's Creed 1, and my friend richard (Nekros when he posts here), just rented AC2, and I've been watching both, and I love them. Such amazing games.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #890 on: November 23, 2009, 07:47:05 AM »
i am rambling on and on and on, just a warning.  im a bit uhh, sucked into this game at the time being.

i uhh started up dragon age again.  same race/origin/class, this time leveled a bit differently.  

also, instead of going to redcliff right away (BAD IDEA, BAD IDEA) i went to the mage tower.  so, i basically spent my night completing that.

just going to say, if you only buy the game to play that section of the game, it's a better buy than a lot of what's out right now.  it almost felt kind of "metroidey" in a sense with the fade exploration and whatnot.  anywho, it was really good, good enough to jew me away from sleeping when i have to get up earlier than normal tomorrow today.  

got rid of morrigan with wynne, and HOPEFULLY i can get access to shale when i leave camp to replace sten.  if not...ohh well i guess stehn is ok.  it's just like getting his approval up in camp is weird.  basically knowing him, just talking to him about anything is annoying him...but if i select the proper thing to say, i STILL annoy him but he understands and his approval goes up.  he's alright though, seems to be a bit more to him than you would assume when you first meet him.  

the bosses are quite fun, though that damn sloth boss.  kill him, he comes back in a different form, kill him again, different form, kill him again...different form, accidentally let him cast a spell, HURP DURP EVERYBODY DIES FROM ONE SPELL.  made sure to save stamina to interrupt those spells the second time i killed him.  i mean, it's a fun fight, but that HURP DURP ONE SPELL CAN ESSENTIALLY WIPE YOU should have a bit more warning to it.  you know, instead of a cast bar, i don't know do something which makes me know it's going to fuck my day beforehand so i don't need to restart the fight.  also, why do the two handed warriors get immunity from knockdown super early compared to sword and shield warriors?  i fucking swear he was on stenn more than i would have liked because my player character was knocked on his ass the entire time for the first form.  too damn bad i can't get knockdown immunity until like level 12.  you figure the sword and board warrior, a warrior who is the TANK should have something like that a bit earlier than the damn two handed damage warrior.  

tldr- MAGE TOWER ROX MY SOX PLAY IT

*edit*

reckon i won't be seeing zevran in this playthrough.  faggot ambushed me with like 5 melee dudes, 6 archers, and a mage.  and you know, mages in this game are fucking retarded.  i mean, one fucking spell and i wipe.  thank god wynne has a ranged stun, else i would probably have to suffer a few more reloads than wanted.  anywho, the game gave me the option to capture him or just kill him (he's unconscious after winning the fight) and after that fuck stupid fight, he ain't waking up from that sleep.  fuck him, and i hope he doesn't magically come back.  anywho, yeah, fuck that puto.  

*edit*

right right, that zevran bullshit has been redeemed with this sweet cocky motherfucker.  

i wouldn't pay $7 for the dlc.  i mean, for one character and a small dungeon...i think it's a bit much.  but since i got it for free i will happily enjoy the character.  unlike alistar, this "tank" starts out with a whopping 32 con, so uhh yeah...that's like 8 more than my warrior...which was like 6 more than alistar (after pumping con a level or two at that).  won't have to worry about him going down like a little bitch like sten i would assume.  plus talking to this guy girl is pretty fucking entertaining.  though refering to me as "it" reminds me of the space jellies in mass effect, he isn't really similar....at all....like...no.  

anywho, the party should be what i use for the entire game.  

Mr. McSuave
Bard Girl
Old Awesome Person
Rocky Rockelton

and yeah i took off the helmet on the player character to take the screen, otherwise it's one of those templar helms which kind of look lame.  

*edit*

im just going to keep editing because i need a brake from this game, and im waiting for a pizza to come out of the oven.

being a dwarf in this game kicks ass.  you aren't treated like trash.  i mean, if you are an elf, the humans look down on you...and because of that, if you are a human and you go to the dalish lands, well they hate you.  not only that, but shale knows that the dwarves are the superior race in fereldon.  that alone makes him her(i don't know yet, but y'know.../v/) the smartest "non dwarf" in the game.  

though, if you could be an orc in this game (im not even sure orcs exist in the dragon age universe) i would consider myself more of an orc fan than a dwarf fan.  

so yeah, mage tower beaten, got shale, now i just entered the dalish elf place with the warewolves and whatnot.  shale continues to be awesome, wynne is like a fuck awesome counsoler for my player character, and bard girl shoots niggers with a crossbow which is fine by me.  i mean bard girl isn't too interesting, but it beats dead assassin gay elf rogue boy.  which i would have been fine with if his first interaction with me wasn't an ambush which annoyed me to the point where i wanted that character dead, and made him dead.

anything else before checking the pizza?  uhh, dragon age 2, i want a desire demon in my party.  it would make for interesting gameplay/plot shenanigans.  i mean, imagine your player character heavily influenced by one of those things through the entirety/majority of a game, it would kick ass.  though, i hate fighting em...y'know...magic, and like, it hurts...

*this post is going to get bigger if nobody makes another post in this thread*

wades emporium, denerim, the shopkeep that isn't wade.  dude sounds like cloudman from killer7, i swear.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:02:57 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 26, 2009, 06:29:38 AM »
It probably is him. It's Cam Clarke. He's at least five people in Dragon Age. He's probably the most prolific anime/gaming voice actor in US history.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 26, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »
SO MUCH FUCKING L4D2

Also Borderlands, I found a level 48 Hyperion Destroyer (Dumps the whole clip when scoped), without any Ele modifiers, so it's a fucking death machine. 250 ATK doesn't sound that scary, except when you take into account level 9 Metal Storm from a Heavy Gunner Class Mod, and +39% Weapon damage, from that same mod. Why are Combat Rifles so awesome? ;_;

vladgd

« Reply #893 on: November 26, 2009, 07:01:01 PM »
cam clarke

# Dragon Age: Origins - Additional voices
# World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade - Blood Elf Male, Medivh, Nexus-Prince Shaffar
# World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - Malygos
# Metal Gear Solid - Liquid Snake, "Master" McDonnell Miller
# Killer7 - Andrei Ulmeyda
# Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - Anthony the Paige, Custodian
# Mass Effect - Private Fredericks, Additional Voices

holy shit

also keeping me up later than i would have liked, i got the full set of juggernaut armor.  

the sword is gorims sword, and the shield is the aducan shield.  you know, stuff you literally get at the beginning of the game but then lose and get back again later.  anywho, maby mages won't instagib me as much with the nice resistances on this sonbitch.  

but if it hasn't been made apparent, i am like really drawn into this game right now.  i mean, the game is fun to play, and everything around in the game is interesting to watch.  it's weird because it IS a generic fantasy setting with a "DEMONS ARE ATTACKING US KILL THEIR LEADER TO SAVE OUR LAND" setting, but all the characters and whatnot make this stuff entertaining.  it says something when me of all people is caring about the characters in a game.  

also i hooked up with bard girl.  tiny text is a bit spoilerey.  nothing major, but it's a bit of a shock when you first hear about it. which sucks for her because alistar says i have 30 years left to live before the darkspawn blood kills me.  just looking at my player character, im saying he's around 30, so i mean, who wants to live past 60 anyway.  30 years is plenty of time to save the land, have a family/kids/happy life.  

why am i even thinking about this in the first place?  see what i mean, this is why i can't sleep, i have to play more dragon age, bye.  

figured since i was here...

it's the flemeth fight, or atleast most of it.  excuse the shaky cam, i am playing the game with one hand.  

*edit*

and one for the night

i killed the high dragon, then i hit the screenshot button...and accidentally hit the quickload button instead.  figured i would tape the second fight, and here it is.  again, excuse the camera, it's hard to really position it properly to my monitor.  should be mostly self explanitory though, since well...im talking in the video, durp durp.

if you don't care to watch the nearly 8 minute long battle, click ahead to 7:50 for the badass killing blow.  

*is it me or is the deep roads stuff take a long fucking time to do"

made it to the broodmother, and killed her.  guess the next stop for me is the anvil.  but i have to say that i enjoyed fighting the broodmother, and that weird dwarf that wouldn't shut the fuck up was kind of creeping me out.  this whole deep roads thing just gives creepy vibes to it, and the people you meet there kind of enforce that.  well, except for legion of the dead, they seem like a pretty nice bunch for the most part. 

45 hours in, level 18. 

i don't see how people call shale an overpowered tank.  though, i don't use him as a tank, he has good con (like the same as my warriors) and all of the tank tallents.  i just can't see why one would prefer him to a sword and shield warrior.  HOWEVER, compared to alistar, i guess i can understand.  alistar starts out with horrible con, but you want to pump strength fairly early to equip the big armor.  i dig shale though, he can take damage, he can deal damage, and against single bosses, he provides a very nice buff aura.  leliana with her final bard song is FANTASTIC against swarms of weak enemies, that and miasma from wynne = enemies who are slow, weakened, and constantly get stunned. 

im not sure how much of this game i have left (and i don't care to know, im fine being surprised with how much game is left) but i am assuming i am "far" in the game.  i mean isn't level 20 like the "cap" in this game thus far (before they make post game DLC)?   that inconsideration, i think beating the game before friday is a safe bet. 

im assuming, anvil, orzimar again, denerim, some place to fight the archdemon, and the ending credits roll.  WE SHALL SEE IN DUE TIME!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 07:29:11 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 04, 2009, 08:53:58 PM »
I'm tempted to get Dragon age now, but I have NO CLUE how much I'd like it, but I don't mind micro managing stats as long as everything is spelled out nicely.

Also I'm now playing MDK2 still (really don't like the pacing in this game, but it's a good game) Megaman Zero 3 and NINJA COP.

Why haven't I heard of Ninja Cop before? It's stupid fun and somewhat hard. Also I'll probably start Boktai 2 and I can't find the motivation to beat Yoshi's Island.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 05, 2009, 12:10:47 AM »
Ninja Five-O is one of the best GBA games of all time. I own it.

I got pretty bored with Dragon Age by the end. I dunno. None of the numbers are especially hard to figure out or anything though.

vladgd

« Reply #896 on: December 05, 2009, 05:48:26 AM »
i basically bought a lot of games.

THQ pack, riddick, ff7, crash bandicoot. 

riddick was awesome until i realized how shitty the checkpoint system in a game of that type is

tried some full spectrum warrior, looks cool, save for having to unplug my internet to play it.  will get back to it when i have patients for a game like that, since it is a fair bit complex. 

i wanted to play STALKER but well, IT WONT FUCKING RUN, so yeah, fuck that. 

discovered psn store on psp, played some final fantasy 7 since i had a hankerin for that game.  really didn't get far, only to the trainyard, but it's final fucking fantasy 7, on my psp, that's badass.  but i mean, my actual physical copy of the game has a scratched disc 1 which freezes when you get the cutscene of going to gold saucer.  that, plus having this game portable, plus it only being $10.00, why not.

and finally, crash bandicoot.  it's still a fun game.  the controls aren't as precise as i remember, but that's nothing playing for an hour or two can't fix.  but uhh, i completley forgot about the FUCK HORRIBLE save system.  basically the only way to save is to unlock a bonus level within a level and get to the end, that is the only way to save.  ohh well, it's not "portable game" friendly, but i can't knock it since it's kind of an early ps1 game, a good one at that. 

and for dragon age, it got to a point where i was "done" with the game, so i kind of got irritated trying to finish it ASAP so i could play something else.  it's still a good game, but i mean, im not quite used to a single player experience lasting well over 50 hours.  i mean, i beat ff7 in under 40.  still, not really a knock on that game, the same thing happened for me in fallout 3 when i realized i had over 30 hours in that game. 

for what i am really playing?  i don't know, im just kind of pissing around with games until something pulls me in to complete.  still though, dragon age held my attention for a long time with days where it was "wake up, play game, sleep" and it's nice to have games like that still coming out.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 07, 2009, 04:28:33 PM »
Boktai 2 is amazing. The overall art design is great and despite being a bit easy (minus the last two bosses I fight, which made me eat ALL of my health items) it's damn fun. That, plus the fact that MOST health items spoil over time are kind of a kick to he dick.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 10, 2009, 05:06:21 AM »
Fuck Chun Li's super kick in SF3S. It has amazing range, can jugle, and I was on the opposite side of it and I went to kick her and it somehow hit me. Fucking shit.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 11, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »
So I got the Borderlands DLC, and am a few quests in. It's pretty funny, clearly something that doesn't really fit with the main game, but new boss fights, 50 quests, 5 maps, and GODDAMN DEDICATED JAKOBS VENDING MACHINES?! Fuck, sign me up.