Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 588761 times)

Ridge

• EVERYBODY TO THE MARIACHI TRUCK
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2008, 10:06:38 PM »
im playin sum soul caliburz 3s

raphael is a dick ok
I shoot your hand with a gun that has bullets.

By gun I mean penis and by bullets I mean semen.

mysticsnake

• Hi guys I'm mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2008, 10:35:06 PM »
I'm playing Rock Band.

Woo!

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2008, 11:31:09 PM »
I just got the Orange Box...I'm playing through Half Life 2 1st :)

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2008, 11:37:13 PM »
I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2. Although it's broken in some places, it's obviously still addictive as I've put 14 hours into it already and it's only been 2 days.

Also, a friend is lending me his PS3 and MGS4 so I'll play through that soon and I'm renting Folklore to run through as well. And I'll probably play through his copy of Uncharted so I don't need to have a PS3 for another year or two.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2008, 11:44:51 PM »
I just got the Orange Box...I'm playing through Half Life 2 1st :)

Look for that little half life symbol, if you see it it means supplies of some kind are near you and somewhat hidden. Also fun game, covers a LOT of different terrain for a shooter. Hell, I've probably beaten it 4 times.

vladgd

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2008, 03:25:07 PM »
was having a few problems with the sorcerer, mainly because i skipped a few levels.  so i new gamed it and went from there.

currently level 18, on level 9, and well things recently started getting easier for me.

i got fireball, and it is now level 4, and it is rape.

i got chain lightning, it is level 1 (books cost an arm and a leg) and it is A RAPE MACHINE. 

ya'see there is an enemy which is basically a lava rock monster, and he is immune to my awesome rape fireball spell, so i needed a lightning spell to kill such enemies, and charged bolt is too inaccurate. 

so i get chain lightning and, if i chug a few potions, i can clear a room of 40+ enemies (a lot for this game) in less than 20 seconds.

not to mention mana shield, the town portal SPELL, and the heal spell kick ass and you should never enter a dungeon without them in spell or scroll form.

anyway, im rather enjoying this over the warrior.  i can rape everything, strength is maxed at 45 so i can now brainlessly put every single point i get from leveling up into magic.  i got my fireball spell, so i no longer needed a staff with fireball charges, so i got a nice +13 magic staff (basically a stat stick, as i like to call it), so yea.

if anything, i would say the warrior is the harder class to play.  i mean just because the sorcerer has problems on the first few floors, doesn't make him the harder class to play, because shortly after you get some of the better spells (your low level spells can kill anything on the lower floors easily) you are an unstoppable killing machine if you have the mana...run out of mana, (make sure you always have a spare mana potion for this) use your last mana potion, town portal spell out of there (no more carrying around pesky scrolls) and stock back up.

but like, say the warrior can hit for around 20-42 damage a hit with his great axe, this damage is free, but it has a 30-40 percent chance of missing, and its even harder when enemies are beating on you.

with my level 4 fireball, i can at a range, shoot a ball that explodes and does aoe damage, for around 13 mana (out of my 260 or so) and it does some 50-102ish damage, and unless you suck at aiming, this form of damage doesn't miss.

you tell me who is going to have an easier time playing the game.

itsgravy

• Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2008, 03:51:25 PM »
playing diablo

not diablo 2, diablo

A man who stands by his beliefs. Also DIII is going to rock my socks.

Here's a list of games I rock:

COD4 (just got rank General)
TF2 (Demoman, Heavy, Scout, Engineer)
WoW (Servers:Alliance Durotan, Horde Shattered hand)
EvE Online-- Because it's slow-paced so I can play it while laying on my bed reading a book
Counter-Strike
Starcraft (though not as much as the above listed)

So yea, I'm pretty much the most badass person I know :)

vladgd

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2008, 06:04:08 PM »
well, generally when you are talking about diablo, you are talking about diablo 2.  and ive played hundreds of hours in that game, and haven't much touched the first one, so yea.

anyway, level 21, on level 13.  level 13 = not nice

steel lords = fire immune (most spells are FIRE) and lightning resistant (literally the only other damage type that isn't physical)

steel lords alone are gay, but in large numbers, i basically blow a mana pot and a fuck ton of mana spamming chain lightning to kill them all, and since it does the same damage either way, fighting them alone is a waste of mana.

the succubus monsters are rather easy on the other hand, plant a few well places fireballs and they are dead, just make sure to dodge the shit they throw at you or you are toast.

*edit*

fucking great

how the fuck am i supposed to kill the warlord of blood, if he is immune to both fire and lightning

doesn't matter how much i cast shit at him, it does NOTHING, N-O-T-H-I-N-G

am i supposed to melee him?  for fuck sake this is stupid.

immunity to fire?  check

immunity to lightning? check

immunity to whatever blood bolt is?  check

*edit*

another vldadgd protip

how to kill warlord of blood as a sorcerer

buy one scroll of golem if you lack the spell

cast mana shield, kill all of his minions with chain lightning, when you have the warlord attacking you, cast golem.  as your golem attacks, sit there doing nothing but drinking a mana potion when your mana gets low, wait about a minute, and he should die. 

lame?  yes.  only way i know how to kill him as sorcerer?  you bet.

*edit*

man my warrior would love this

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:46:59 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2008, 07:58:17 PM »
Funny, once you know how to beat Ballos he is easy as hell. Also I suppose I could start playing css more. I've been trying to play some old playstation games (odd world 2 and brave fencer Musashi mainly) but I can't get them to work well.

vladgd

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2008, 04:09:25 AM »
fallout, i guess.

umm, i made a character, not sure if im going to "keep" him, but i need something to start with to get my barrings on with the game.

uhh, the game plays quite strange, and takes a while to get used too, not to mention your first mission ever has a time limit. 

so currently i am just pissing around, i made a very "smart and charismatic" character, maby i should just make a strong brute dude to smash things until i get the hang of the game, then make my charismatic, gunslinger, scientist guy.

i mean, the controls work, and its nothing that requires any "skill" per say, but playing the game does require thought and good decision making. 

so yeah, i heard a lot of good about this game and with fallout 3 on the horizon, i like many people who haven't played the first two games, go out now to try em. 

as of now, i can't say anything.  fairly decent learning curve, nothing of dwarf fortresses level, but more along the lines of morrowind.  something where it usually requires you make a few bitch characters to fuck around, get the hang of things, read a faq or two, then run in with a new character and a brain full of knowledge on the game to really start having fun.  or at least it is for me anyway.  i see myself enjoying it when i get used to it, since i am a fan of stuff like this.

*edit*

this game is kind of strange

it shares quite a few similarities with games like morrowind, and diablo.

im digging it so far.  kind of find it interesting how most of the exp i have earned so far has been from talking to people.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 06:08:21 PM by vladgd »

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2008, 11:17:06 AM »
MGS3...I am a metal gear whore.
Assasian Creed.

I would play starcraft as well but wine hates me X.X.

vladgd

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2008, 09:48:55 PM »
i had a screenshot but it didn't turn out good (black with some dots, couldn't see a thing) but i guess ill update with my fallout progress.

got rid of the first character before i did much.

second character i was fairly pleased with, got him to the hub then made a new one. 

i am happy with this new character, i got ian this time, he shoots dudes, and dogmeat bites dudes, so yeah.  im to the hub, got a water caravan to go to my vault, now i have some 209 days to get the water chip, when after im done getting myself "financially" good (will talk more about that soon) i believe i just go to the necropolis kill a bunch of shit, get the water chip, then return it.  so really, you don't need more than about 70-80 days to get the darn thing.  unless you are going out of your way to jerk off not doing the main game, the time limit isn't harsh at all.

but uhh, there are guards in green armor all around the hub.  save next to one, and steal something, if i succeed in stealing, save, till i stole everything from him.  this stuff you get from the guards, can be traded into the many merchants here for their caps, or other items they have for sale.  so with this, i got myself some combat armor, a sniper rifle, and an assault rifle, so i basically look like one of the guards.  not to mention, the sniper rifle + aim for the head = most of the time, dead target.  but yeah, next time i hop on, i will steal from the rest of the guards and get ian an smg or something.

and because i like making long posts about games i am currently playing, my character.

Vlad, age 32, male

strength- 5
perception- 8
endurance- 6
charisma- 5
intelligence- 7
agility- 10
luck- 7

tagged skills
-small guns (shotguns, assault rifles, sniper rifles, pistols...all go under this skill)
-energy weapons (later in the game, these = rape from what i hear)
-speech

traits
-gifted
-bloody mess (no drawbacks to this trait like the other traits, this is why its so popular.  not to mention people blowing up every time you kill something is awesome)

perk (s)
-earlier sequence

there was a perk which gave you 5% more exp every time you gain exp, but i didn't take it because even in the long run, what would that give me?  a level.   the perk i took gives me +2 to my sequence (higher sequence = you will most likely go first in combat)

anyway, im like level 5, so next level i get another perk, and my energy weapon proficiency will get all the skill points for that level.

blablabla, i am enjoying this game.

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2008, 10:07:55 PM »
Team Fortress 2.  Soldier for the win  8)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2008, 11:10:51 PM »
Was trying top play some brave fencer Musashi, but it still kept freezing.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2008, 11:44:59 PM »
Now playing KH2..after seening some guy face Sephiroth with a level 38 Sora on Proud Mode.  I thought I was the shit when I beat Sephiroth on KH with a level 67 Sora.