Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 586762 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2008, 07:34:39 PM »
Still trying to do my cave story hell run, I just got so damn close, then died on ballos, without even using my health pick up.

Wow, died on his final form. Great. At least I got that far this time.

and it's been BEATEN. Wasn't even that hard, as long as you do that little trick on his secound form.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 03:48:40 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2008, 09:54:19 PM »
phoenix tower = UNCOOL

i walked into it thinking "hey, easy summon, there isn't even a boss.

walk up 30 floors of pure hell. each floor you can run into enemies you can't run away from, they cast a variety of "fun" spells which FREQUENTLY toad, stone, zombie, mini, sleep, muddle, paralyze you, not to mention TWO instant kill moves.  and there is 30 floors of this stuff.  i swear, if i died(there were several close calls), i would have snapped my disk in half.

now all i need to do is

-kill bahamut

-steal a protect ring from odin, AND kill him (the time limit for the odin fight is 60 seconds, when the time runs out, you die)
-grind up-to a respectable level (im thinking low 40's, im around 36-37 right now due to running away from every encounter i could in the last two-three dungeons)
-use said power from grindan to lay the smackdown on the remaining 8 or so bosses, watch credits, start final fantasy 6.

*edit*

get party properly setup, make sure the thief has the thieves glove equipped to have a higher chance of stealing

encounter odin, make sure the thief goes first and the time mage second

-steal
 -if fail, have time mage use return to instantly restart the battle (and the 1 minute timer)
-20-30 tries should nab you your protect ring
-immediatley use $throw (i had my time mage with this ability)
-throw a magic shurikan
-cast flare
-do nothing with the thief, have him defend
-use $throw again

odin should be "ahh mah gah, you are awesome, ill join you" and boom, battle is over, and i had 23 seconds left to spare.  who would have known that throwing money does more damage than the flare spell.

*edit*

k, looking at the battle beforehand, i was well prepared for the bahamut fight...too prepared

4x time mage

-start battle with haste 2
-cast quick
-cast meteo twice (quick lets you cast 2 spells right away)
-do this with every character

your characters should be out of mana, or almost out of mana in about two turns(quick = asston of mana), but that shouldn't be a problem because....

.....bahamut should die before he gets an action, and enjoy your shiney new awesome summon
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 01:23:55 AM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2008, 11:00:34 PM »
and another post because this thread hasn't been popular

4x level 40 mimes (make sure everybody has $toss, and have summon, time, and white, you need this shit)

x-death first form

-buff up with haste 2, golem, and carbuncle.  the tricky part is getting most of these buffs on everybody, since he likes to kill you.
-holy
-cast mime till dead

neo x-death

-same buffs, make sure you have them
-$toss
-mime

-when shit hits the fan, cure status ailments, use phoenix(it does damage and does a full revive at the same time), try to get haste back on, and for the love of god do $toss whenever you have time, with a bit of luck, and some good judgement, you should beat him.

or you could level up a bit, i hear level 40 is a bit on the "low" side, but whatever, this is another ff game ive defeated.  id say beating 5 is more of an accomplishment than beating 7, 8, 9, and contra combined.  but i guess thats because the game has a good amount of "ANNOYING" stuff in it. but regardless, the story wasn't emo, the characters were ok (also not emo), gilgamesh and galuf are ALMOST solid snake in terms of MAN, x-death sounds funny, the x-zone spell also makes me giggle, and odin at the end of the game can be summoned all the time to get quick ap.

all and all, i beat this nigga, 6 more final fantasies left to go!  2346x212

HU RA!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 11:09:06 PM by vladgd »

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2008, 08:03:43 PM »
I've been playing through Pokemon Red on my PSP's GB emulator, and I've been using the save states to exploit several glitches in that game, like the Mew glitch and using it to skip Snorlax.

Also, I won't play through all of the Final Fantasies, simply because I refuse to play through 2 or 3. I mean, there's a reason those weren't originally released in the states.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
I've finished every Final Fantasy except 2 because it's an awful game that's completely broken. If you want to play 3, get 3 DS.

Also, wait until next month for the remake of 4 on DS. It looks absolutely beautiful. It's also supposed to be perhaps even harder than the original FF4J.

I still stand by 6 being the best though.

I've been playing Call of Duty 4, which is fun but is pretty much overrun by a ridiculous amount of snipers and really really stupid people. Every time I join a game, at least 3 people have clan tags like [WEED] or [W33D] or some stupid variation referencing drugs and they all complain constantly.

I've also started another run through of Final Fantasy 12, this time doing a forced class run. I've got Vaan as a thief so he can only equip daggers, ninja swords, crossbows and light armor, Basch as a knight so he can only equip heavy armor, spears, swords, 2handers, and bows, Fran as a red mage/monk type so she can use magic of all types up to level 6, light armor or magic armor, poles, bows, swords I guess and hammers/flails, Ashe as a black mage, Penelo as white mage, and Balthier as a gunner and I don't know what else because he's too badass to classify.

I'm actually playing like 6 games but I shift through stuff so quickly I won't bother listing all of them.

vladgd

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
well for 2, i was planning on playing the gba version, because it should be piss easy and with turbo, not take up much of my time.

for 3, ill borrow the ds version, and 4, id like to buy it when i have the money(it DOES look really good).

but yea, not too far into 6 (less than two hours) so i guess it should be normal for me not to "like" the game yet.  i hear it is really REALLY good, but just how far into the game do i need to get before i start enjoying myself?  (then again, i didn't much like 5 for a decent chunk of the beginning either)

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2008, 02:02:49 AM »
You should love 6 the moment Kefka shows up and one of greatest songs ever starts playing. And then he laughs. Then it becomes your favorite.

I loved from pretty much the first second. But then again, I played it the week it came out so my express was fresh, with no expectations or pre-conceived notions and compared to every other RPG up to that point, it was like staring into some mad reflection of the future where everything is beautiful.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2008, 06:57:12 AM »
I be playing lots of D2 right now.
First time I think I might actually manage to get a character into nightmare (I was never all that into the game :/).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2008, 07:17:16 AM »
I B PLAYIN SUM

OVER AND OVER

(I made it. It's a game involving moving a carat ^ around #'s in a dialog text box like a crappy keychain racing game. It's called OVER AND OVER because that's what happens when you play, you just keep going around and around. I would keep going on about it, but I don't want to sound like i have to tell you OVER AND OVER again.)

Edit:

Also, graphics don't make good games. But it sure fucking helps.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:20:34 AM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2008, 07:29:46 AM »
I should really finish Lost planet

oops
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2008, 02:39:08 AM »
I bought Katamari Damacy for $10 from Gamestop today...er...yesterday. I can't believe I ignored this game for so long. It took a while to get used to the controls, but afterward, the game was a lot of fun.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2008, 07:46:38 AM »
I never found the controls that difficult, but yes, that game is made of pure concentrated win.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »
playing diablo

not diablo 2, diablo

i have a level 20 warrior up on level 13 (level 16 = diablo, and the end of the game if you beat him) and well, shits getting hard.  when i got to the cave cluster of levels, i found myself using potions more and more often, and now, its getting retarded.

so i started a sorcerer,  they start out hard to play, but in the end, they are the most powerful class.

ohh, and i named him "purple_stuff"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 05:27:14 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
Well, lv 20 at 13 is kinda really low, IIRC.

And yep, Sorc's are pwnage.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2008, 06:15:59 PM »
well, the thing with warriors, i believe, is they start out easy.  but, at higher levels, its easier playing as a rogue or sorcerer.  and since the earlier levels don't much mean shit, and maby i feel like trying out the higher difficulties, im definatley going sorcerer.

level 8 so far, didn't take long when i decided to skip some of the lower levels.  i can kill most anything with the spells i have, if im careful i won't get hit...because i have like 45hp XD

when i get mana shield, my choice to put no points into vitality and almost all points into magic (maby i will get some strength later on for some armor, doesn't take long to max with a sorc) will be null.