Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 586971 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2008, 01:59:39 AM »
well i got done with the necropolis(this took me like 4 hours, about the time it took me to get here in the first place..) and returned the water chip to the vault, and saved my vault!

so i figure i am about half way through the game.  get stronger, eliminate mutant threat, watch credits, try to get fallout 2 working...play that.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2008, 03:27:13 AM »
Played through Uncharted, MGS4 and then went back and finished KOTOR. MGS4 was kinda eh as you barely even play the last half and the story just seems thrown together. KOTOR and Mass Effect have the same story, except I didn't care about any of the characters and it annoyed me because it pretty much just makes stuff up for an already created part of the Star Wars universe. So yeah, pretty much lame all around there. Didn't help that its 360 compatibility is really poor. Audio skipped, frame rate drops constantly, random freezes, etc.

Uncharted was awesome though. However, it is 6 hours long and I would've felt bad if I had paid for it. Reminded of Sands of Time a bit.

Starting FF4DS tomorrow I think.

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2008, 02:50:26 PM »
Picked up Dead Rising yesterday. Would anyone like to fill me on on where i have to save so that the game doesn't make me start over every time i turn it on? because i saved multiple times, and even after it loads i still have to start over.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

vladgd

« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2008, 10:02:38 PM »
KOTOR and Mass Effect have the same story

lol (don't bother commenting on this, we both have our opinions)

Didn't help that its 360 compatibility is really poor. Audio skipped, frame rate drops constantly, random freezes, etc.

yeah, the sound glitches irritated me so much that i got the pc version (so i own both the xbox and pc version...) and after you get used to playing the game on pc, its pretty kosher.  still has glitches, but less of them.

anyway, progress on fallout

-obtained power armor, i now look like a robot, it is awesome.  it weighs a metric fuckton, but you get a healthy strength boost so when you have it on, you simply carry its weight more (like i went from 150 carrying weight to 250)
-laser rifle is quite nice, though the ammo is like 5lbs a stack....so i just carry two stacks (100 shots) and i let ian carry the other 500 or so shots i have (he may suck in combat, but his storage capabilities are very nice)
-stole one of gatling laser guns from a brotherhood guard, i let ian carry it (nigga can't use it, which is good since its only shot is a burst and uses up 10 of the micro fusion cell (ammo i described above) ammo) and ill grab it from him when i feel i need it.  the thing is quite heavy.
-uhh i killed a deathclaw with my laser rifle.  i hear these things are nasty, and they are, but if you see them from a distance away, and hit the eyes every time with a crit or two...with a high power weapon...with high skill in that weapon, they won't be a problem. 

that stuff and basically preparing for the next town.  im pretty far in the game right now, should be a day or two of semi regular play before i finish it.  unless i continue looking for the alien blaster (best weapon in the game, but not really needed) which may or may not happen.  im just going to let fate decide (since finding it is random) and if i don't get it, i have plenty of firepower already.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2008, 01:07:40 AM »
No seriously. There's no arguing or opinions. The games progress identically. The final reveal is different but that's it.

You start in a huge battle with some evil force. You learn of a rogue Jedi/Spectre. You gett off-planet, end up on a hub world where you train/investigate to become a Jedi/Spectre. You're then sent on a mission to four different planets, where the end result is that your character has a vision that eventually points you to the final planet, where the super weapon thing resides. There's even an ancient race of aliens that created everything in both games. KOTOR even has robots that look almost just like the Keepers from Mass Effect.

That's not arguable. They're the same. Wrex is Canderous, Tali is Mission + T3, and Liara is basically your Bastila, the character who shares in your visions. Garrus and Kaidan are both sort of Carth. Ashley's not really any different.

Now don't get me wrong. I actually had fun with both games (Mass Effect much moreso) but seriously, you do the same stuff in both games.

Oh yeah, FF4DS is fantastic. It's much harder than even the original JP version. I actually died on Mom Bomb because I thought I could kill it before it exploded.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2008, 02:15:13 AM »
I have to agree, I did find KOTOR and Mass Effect to be similar.  They're both very fun (though I definitely have more fun with Mass Effect) but it's kind of hard to deny the similarities.

Picked up Dead Rising yesterday. Would anyone like to fill me on on where i have to save so that the game doesn't make me start over every time i turn it on? because i saved multiple times, and even after it loads i still have to start over.

You can either lay down on the couch near the security station or any one of the bathrooms.  If that isn't working, I don't know what to tell you.
"This is a machine for making cows."

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2008, 02:19:05 AM »
You can either lay down on the couch near the security station or any one of the bathrooms.  If that isn't working, I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah I know. Well whenever i start the game up it's the beginning of the story, but i have all of the skills and levels i had when i saved previously. i researched a little and found out that it's supposed to be like that. I guess I haven't played far enough into the game to get a legit save point or something.
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2008, 02:26:03 AM »
The bathrooms and security room things are legit save points at all points in the game.  You can go back to those points if you shut down the game and restart it or if you die (you get to choose between keeping your newly-acquired levels and skills or losing progress since the last bathroom break).

Are you sure you're hitting the "continue" option on the main menu?  It's pretty hard to see, virtually impossible if you're using a standard definition TV.
"This is a machine for making cows."

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2008, 02:46:22 AM »
er. the three options i always have are start game, rankings, and options. under start game the option is "72-hour mode" no continue. I'll save here in a minute and go back to the main menu and see what happens.

vladgd

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2008, 05:00:39 AM »
guess ive never noticed/cared.  but you could have said "similar" instead of "the same" 

anyway, i don't care about the alien blaster anymore, even though it is the best weapon in the game, what i have now, feels more awesome than some pistol weapon.

turbo plasma rifle

a big metal gun of death.  shoot green blob from a nice distance, hit enemy, skin melts off (kind of like in that one indiana jones movie) and the skeleton falls to the ground. 

a less awesome note, i got my hardened power armor, so it resists damage better.  but jesus, that gun i have is awesome.  i ditched my assault rifle, because if i need close ranged death (and for some reason i don't feel like doing some point blank sniping, or if i feel like hitting multiple targets) i always have the gatling laser gun.

start out game in blue jumpsuit with shitty 9mm pistol and combat knife.  end of game with giant robot armor, giant robot skin melting blob shootan gun, and a gatling gun that shoots lasers (with a sound similar to that plasma gun in ut99).

i quite love this game.

*edit*

ohh, and i have 200% energy weapon skill(the max), so yeah....walking rape machine.

*edit*

so on my way to the military base...i stumble apon a crashed alien spacecraft.  one had a picture of elvis, and the other an alien blaster.

LUCK IS NOT A USELESS STAT :O  BLESS YOU 8 LUCK OF MINE!

*edit*

mai gah, both guns have awesome death animations.  i told you about the plasma rifle.  but the alien blaster disintegrates the flesh off...then the skeleton, only leaving behind some dust and whatever gun they were holding.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:51:32 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2008, 06:00:09 PM »
LUCK IS NOT A USELESS STAT :O  BLESS YOU 8 LUCK OF MINE!

Someone hasn't played digital devil saga. Also I found a copy of metroid prime for 7 bucks, probably going to pick it up and replay it. I would have boughten today if I wasn't such a jew.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »
I haven't played Digital Devil Saga either...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2008, 01:24:41 PM »
Well it's not that popular, so that's not a surprise. Also I picked up Metroid prime, and I've been playing megaman 2 from this

http://nintendo8.com/game/512/mega_man_2/

(just delete if you want that gone, not sure about the legality of this)

and Airmans stage makes me want to die. I always thought I just sucked at video game when I was a kid because I couldn't play this, but it's still DAMN hard to do. I'm amazed I could do a few of the bosses when I was 7 or so.

Just beat him, SUCK IT DOWN NIGGER.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 01:32:30 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2008, 05:56:52 PM »
tomba 2

its as good as i remember, cheesy old voice acting, fucktons of missions, awesome gameplay, yep.

i are enjoy. 

and to the 1 person here who has played the game (me) i am at the kujara ranch.

*edit*

i got to the donglin forest, and i have my flying squirrel suit.  ive died like 10 times now, olol.  the game as a whole isn't hard, but you can accidentally put yourself in situations where you die. 

not to mention, i guess some people could call this a "hard" game.  because there is A LOT OF STUFF TO DO, and no real way to keep track of it (your journal shows you the missions you have, but no details).  not to mention the trolley mission, is hard, very, very, hard.

like, "this short mission took me over an hour to beat" kind of like

its like this almost

only i beat it on normal, by a fraction of a second...and it took me an hour of nonstop tries.  that's basically similar to the trolley mission i am talking about.

but overall the game has a lot of missions of differing difficulty(easy, medium, hard, almost impossible, most are rather easy, but still fun), fun characters, nice cheesy voice acting on as far as i remember, everybody, tons of shit to do, overall a unique game.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:11:11 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2008, 02:12:27 AM »
So yeah, I just realized I have to do all of Dr. Wiley's castle levels in one run. Holy fuck this is going to take a while. That fucking dragon has knocked me off the platform like 3 or 4 times, then the boss of the next area killed me 5 or 6 times, and now I can't even continue from when I beat them.

Fuck...