Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 581334 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2008, 02:49:55 AM »
maby its the controls, or something like that.  i do dodge, it just doesn't prevent me from getting hit some of the time.  and you can be certain, if i have cover to pop behind, i fucking use it.  though, you are the kind of person who speedruns this stuff correct?  which means duh, you are going to be like 5x better than a metroid nub like me.  

i still need to beat

-prime
-prime 2
-prime 3
-prime hunters
-metroid 2
-metroid fusion

ill get to em eventually

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2008, 02:57:45 AM »
When I was playing Prime 1 the controler I had sucked and I could not dodge at all.  However I have a wave bird *angelic choir sings in back ground* which when I played Prime 2 made it so much easiser to dodge one of the bosses.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2008, 03:03:29 AM »
Painkiller. It's so awesome.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2008, 03:17:08 AM »
power bomb get

FUCK I REMEMBER WHY I CALLED THIS GAME HARD

Go get the ice missile, it's in a tunnel in the magmoor caverns ( http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1534/t177037-metroid-prime-artifacts-upgrades-item-boss-faq/ ). It's rather helpful on Metroid prime.

I haven't played Meteriod Prime in a while but the most annoying boss battle is not prime with the armor but Meta-Riley.

Huh? He seemed damn easy. Well, not that easy, he took half my health, but compared to Prime he was a bitch.

Oh yeah, and I just beat the game with abut 87% complete, I was thinking of trying to get 100% and beating it again but that seems rather hard now. Also I BARELY beat metroid prime, and I breezed threw this game, other then the part Vlad was talking about, that was somewhat hard. I was about to kill his final form when I noticed I had 7 health left. So I pick up the one power up in front of me, which gave me just under 30 health, and I manage to only get hit one more time before finding the puddle of phazon and blasting his ass to death. Shit was epic.

Oh and as previously stated in other threads, Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. It's fun as hell, I definitely want to get a demo of the new game ASAP.

vladgd

« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2008, 07:45:09 PM »
the fuck, still haven't died.

killed omega pirate on my first try, and god damn, he was fun.  i must have really sucked at the vidya way back when, this guy is challenging yes, frustratingly hard?  fuck no.  i had like 6 energy tanks left after the fight.

anyway, i guess the next step is getting the damn chozo artifacts, will do that later.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2008, 09:19:47 PM »
Holy shit bioshock is fuckamazing. After walking in to ryans office.. wow. No spoilers, but if you haven't played this, the game isn't over when you think it is.

The reason I've been putting it off is because at the beginning the learning/playing curve is kind of steep compared to other games I own. Beating big daddies used all your ammo, and now I can take them out with 1 machine gun mag.

The story is so fucking amazing. awesome. super duper. I want to finish it so I can see if there are any more surprises like before.

that is all.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2008, 09:41:46 PM »
BioShock is amazing...it has been a long time since I played a game with so many twist as that one does.

I love the plasmoids (my favorite being Incenerate! 3) and the other little quirks in that game.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2008, 09:49:29 PM »
I started saving the little sisters rather than killing them after what happens haha
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2008, 11:29:05 PM »
it took me 3 tries, but i killed meta ridley.

i went into this fight expecting something hard, the fight was piss easy, till he had about one charge shot of health left...then he became impossible.

the first two attempts, he was within 1 shot of death, but he would never open his mouth, and he just chain charged me to death.  the last attempt, i somehow managed to make it with 5 or so energy tanks left.

you fuckers never said the "challenge" of this fight came when he was at some 5% health.

*edit*

if i beat this game or not, remind me, never play another metroid game.

its always at the end where the game stops being fun, and starts being annoying.  climbing up a huge tower with infinite spawning fission metroids...NO THANKS. i quit.

quitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquitquit

gamecube is put away in the closet, i quit.  no, im not going to go through a rage like i did with the NES metroid, im done.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:40:04 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2008, 12:40:08 AM »
They only infinitely spawn when you get to a certent point in, which is the last string of platforms from the final boss.

Also I hope you went back to get health after meta Ridley.

vladgd

« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2008, 12:41:48 AM »
why?  there's a save point right when you enter the place.

doesn't matter, no more metroid.

*edit*

to note, i didn't die, i tried going up, frustration still intact from losing twice to riddley, encountered the bullshit metroids, tried to avoid them, failed, decided i like my hair and i do not want to rip it out.  turn off game, unhook gamecube, throw in closet.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:58:51 AM by vladgd »

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2008, 01:30:26 AM »
Yahtzee was spot-on when he said that Painkiller was pure, genocidal fun. I'm really enjoying the game.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

K-Mann

« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2008, 12:02:09 AM »
Bioshock is an amazing game.

Right now I'm playing Tales of Vesperia. Really fun game, only the second RPG I've ever played.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2008, 12:55:25 AM »
why?  there's a save point right when you enter the place.

doesn't matter, no more metroid.

Ooh yeah, forgot about that. The last fight IS a good one, in case you ever want to go back and finish it at a later date.

Right now I'm playing Tales of Vesperia. Really fun game, only the second RPG I've ever played.

I was debating buying bioshock, but I'll definitely wait for a price drop now.

Also I'm starting to get a hang of DoW. You really do need to be aggressive and force your enemy off of their resources. I really would love the imperial guard, but their soldiers are damn near useless that I can't get any resources during the beginning. Also on a very related note, Orkz kick much ass.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2008, 03:56:28 AM »

Vesperia really is very very good. I'm sitting at 25 hours and there's still lots to go through. Yuri's probably the best Tales main character.

I really despise all the people dismissing it because of the anime art style though.