Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567817 times)

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »
I played 1 full hour of eternal sonata last night, and I'm barely level 2. Does this game really need the 50 minutes of videos to explain the god damn storyline?
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2008, 03:52:19 PM »
The game's 25 hours long total. And honestly, yeah, it really does need all that time. Try to think about how the things they say connect to what fact's about Chopin's life they give you.

There's absolutely no way you can even begin to say anything about the game in only 1 hour though. Like any RPG, that's all just introductions.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2008, 03:54:30 PM »
though, you are the kind of person who speedruns this stuff correct?  which means duh, you are going to be like 5x better than a metroid nub like me.  

Pfft, hell naw.  I wouldn't want to try to speedrun Prime or Prime 2.

The only thing that I "speed" run through are the Metroid platformers and my times are far from impressive.  Under an hour on Zero Mission sounds nice until you look at some of the ridiculous times that people pull.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2008, 04:10:47 PM »
The game's 25 hours long total. And honestly, yeah, it really does need all that time. Try to think about how the things they say connect to what fact's about Chopin's life they give you.

There's absolutely no way you can even begin to say anything about the game in only 1 hour though. Like any RPG, that's all just introductions.

I'll play more tonight and update. When I first played this game [1st week it came out], I also had.. well all my other games, which were also the top 10 newest awesome games to get for the 360. I had my hands full with these games that get you right into the action.  Now that I'm done with mass effect and shit I can actually focus and think about whats being presented to be instead of going

UGH GAY WTF FLOWERS AND SHIT DAYM JAPS

vladgd

« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2008, 10:35:49 PM »
well ive beaten it co-op, so disregard that, this is single player biatch.

just saved super joe, got the machine gun.  and for the first time, i went back and got the shotgun upgrade, GOD JESUS HAMBURGER ITS RAPE.  then i got the plasma machine gun whatever upgrade, and its pretty cool.  probably get all but the rocket launcher upgrade (gotten just before the final boss) before i decide to head on, maby ill nab the secrets in each level.

also

UGH GAY WTF FLOWERS AND SHIT DAYM JAPS.  ching nang bong kang dang.

K-Mann

« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2008, 10:58:16 PM »
Finally passed Part 1 of ToV. And got the hang of fatal strikes, I forgot that you also need to push in a direction too :p.

My leveling has slowed way down, but its to be expected. Its gonna take a long time to hit that magic 200  :o

Eggman did you reach the Colosseum(sp?) yet?

Also, I tried the Star Wars Force Unleashed demo. Its a pretty cool game so far. The force grab controls are kind of complicated, but I think once I get the hang of it, it'll be cool. And fuck yeah at bringing down an AT-ST!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2008, 11:14:19 PM »
So I'm really enjoying Barkley's shut up and jam: Gaiden. It's actually pretty funny, and fun.

Also CoD4 is surprisingly balanced, probably one of the best balanced shooters I've seen.

Sneaky

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2008, 11:26:46 PM »
Besides the semi auto shotgun, mp5, juggernaut, last stand, yea it's pretty good unlike halo 3

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2008, 02:29:41 AM »
Finally passed Part 1 of ToV. And got the hang of fatal strikes, I forgot that you also need to push in a direction too :p.

My leveling has slowed way down, but its to be expected. Its gonna take a long time to hit that magic 200  :o

Eggman did you reach the Colosseum(sp?) yet?

Also, I tried the Star Wars Force Unleashed demo. Its a pretty cool game so far. The force grab controls are kind of complicated, but I think once I get the hang of it, it'll be cool. And fuck yeah at bringing down an AT-ST!

I just finished part 2 at 45 hours. I can do up to the 80 man melee but I'm not allowed to do the 100 man because I haven't even seen most of those enemies yet I guess.

I did manage a 101 hit combo though. I use Yuri, Raven, Rita and Judith when I can. Get the skill Chivalry on Raven and turn his AI to heal. His Love Shot is much faster than Estelle's healing and hits everyone after 100 uses or so. Chivalry ups his stats the more females you have active.

Also, it's impossible to hit 200 without XP x10 from a new game+. You could do it but it would take forever.

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
Started playing Starcraft again. The game is still as excellent as it was back in the day.

Looks like the community hasn't changed at all, though. It's still 90% '$$$$Zero Clutter/Fastest Possible Map EVER$$$$' and Big Game Hunters and 10% everything else. Even so, as difficult as it is to find a good game, I still love it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2008, 04:06:59 PM »
Actually, I remember there being somewhat less zero clutter fast money shit back when I played.

Last time I saw b-net for SC recently I was appalled, since I couldn't find anything that looked half decently fun (not that I've been on THAT recently). Where are the evolution maps? The Smash TV maps? The survival maps?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2008, 06:00:49 PM »
Actually, I remember there being somewhat less zero clutter fast money shit back when I played.

Last time I saw b-net for SC recently I was appalled, since I couldn't find anything that looked half decently fun (not that I've been on THAT recently). Where are the evolution maps? The Smash TV maps? The survival maps?

Point - I used to see a lot more of Big Game Hunters than money maps. (the latter wasn't as developed back then). Either way, there's entirely too much of both and it makes me laugh when they have 'BGH - PROS ONLY' names for their maps.

Also, blargh at lack of teamwork. Everything larger than a 2vs2 will result in three or four players ganging up on one, that person yelling 'help', the remainder refusing to assist (or doing so little that it didn't matter in the first place), then all two/three remaining team members of the losing team to quit because the odds are now against them.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #192 on: September 11, 2008, 11:37:25 PM »
Yep, another reason I wouldn't play on those maps. I'd only ever play on those maps if I knew I had a decent team (or at least another person to work with). It'd kinda be cool to have some guild vs guild matches, but in general SC has rather deteriorated on the US servers. We'd need to go to the korean servers, or really try to locate another SC guild to get something like that working (and I can't play on b.net right now anyway. Fuck, I wish I hadn't thrown out my SC case years ago. I have the brood wars case around someplace, but not the original.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2008, 12:06:05 AM »
Yoot Tower, which is SimTower for all intents and purposes, except running in Vista 64. I'm having fun.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2008, 01:05:37 AM »
Cool, I checked wikipedia, but didn't see anything on there. Did you see the article on SimRefinery? lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x