Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 568096 times)

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2008, 02:19:12 PM »
It just feels out of place, is all.  That would be like if you threw Mario and Luigi into San Andreas.  It just feels...weird.

Die Bowser...taste the fury of my damn mega fireball you dick!!!....yeah that would seem weird.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2008, 02:42:01 PM »
No, it'd be something like:

Yo, what da hell is you doin in my hood, Bowser. Fucking koops think they own the place.

But yeah, I know what you mean about being out of place, but I still say I prefer my games to have some swearing and crap. I hate when games of out of their way to censor stuff. Same thing applies to Anime. If it was intended to have swearing, it damned well better have swearing in the English release.

I sorta understand why SNES games were censored (it WAS Nintendo's policy at the time). But anything more recent than that should not have to go out of it's way to not swear if it fits.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2008, 03:08:54 PM »
But yeah, I know what you mean about being out of place, but I still say I prefer my games to have some swearing and crap.

Yeah, but there's a time and a place.  Not all games need to have their characters talking like sailors.

We're talking about the Sonic series.  They really didn't need to pepper the game with the likes of "damn" and "hell."  If you ran around the world of GTA and heard things beeped out that'd be one thing, but taking a series that's aimed for all audiences and throwing in swear words -- regardless of how minor they are -- is just silly.
"This is a machine for making cows."

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2008, 03:58:20 PM »
What the developers should've done in Shadow The Hedgehog was write the dialogue so it wouldn't call for any swearing in the first place.  Having a word or phrase bleeped out is annoying as is changing the word or phrase into something that would be considered less offensive (ie: "what the hell" to "what the heck").  Star Fox does this and it's annoying and cheesy as fuck.  A Sonic game with swearing is showing how COOL and MATURE the characters are, to appeal to an older crowd.

At least the games are still fun...

[...], but SA 2 is at least a decent 3D sonic game, which is a rare thing. Also if you haven't played sonic 3 and knuckles do that ASAP.

I'd like to play SA and SA2, but can't because I don't have a Dreamcast.  Unless it's since been ported to something else?  I actually played Sonic 3 and Knuckles after I bought the basic version of Sonic Mega Collection.  I'd like to get my hands on the plus version sometime soon, though.  Preferably for the PC.  Also Sonic Gems Collection.

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2008, 02:13:47 AM »
Finished FFTA2.

GOOD STUFF:

The diversity of the classes is amazing. There are now seven races with at least four classes per race, adding up to a total of over fifty classes. There are a hojillion weapons, spells, armors, and things to do. The judge system has been vastly improved, though I still would love the judges to go away forever. The clan battling system has been removed. You now win territory by auctions, and once you've got all the territory, it's yours forever. The auctions then change to sell off the best weapons and armor in the game. There's still a million quests to do, hooray.

BAD STUFF:

The plot is laughably bad, a surprise for a Final Fantasy game. I found myself doing plot-related quests solely because they opened up new quests to do. The game is UNBALANCED. Blood Price (cast spells by using HP instead of MP) allows you to loop Quicken and another unit for infinite turns, Last Breath is still broken (70% chance for instant-kill at 18 MP is still too good), Sneak Attack is broken (hitting someone in the back does 350 damage at level 50; for comparison, most units have 500 HP at this level. This would be fine except it has no MP cost and 95% hit chance). Geomancy is silly good, etc, etc. Also, game overall is too easy. I have a bad feeling that once I pick up the original FFT, it is going to rape me. HARD.

So, overall game is pretty good, but definitely the weakest in the series (I am going by reviews of FFT by friends who have played it, naturally). Maybe 50 hours of gameplay, twice to three times that if you want to finish every quest.

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2008, 01:49:52 PM »
Aside from WoW, I've been playing a lot of Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility for the Wii, which was finally released earlier this month after countless delays.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 11, 2008, 04:22:34 AM »
How's that?

Also Megaman 9 is MUCH harder then 2. It's good and not cheap, but still hard.

Also I heard De Blob is much better then Wario shake, anyone know if this is true?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 04:26:25 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2008, 05:51:45 PM »
How's that?

It's very good if you like Harvest Moon games. I can only really think of one problem that I had with the game, which I've since gotten used to - the camera control is really bad. You have almost no control of the camera. The only control you can have is if you're outside; you have to stop and hold Down on the D-pad and you can look around a little bit using the wii remote, and zoom in a bit with the joystick. You can't even look all the way around, just a little bit in each direction. It sometimes makes finding weeds between tall crops or seeing if you missed watering anything difficult. I haven't played much of the story stuff yet. I spent most of my time so far farming, upgrading my house, and building a relationship with a girl (Maya) who I married on Winter 1 of the first year!

At this time, I own two plots of land. The main plot (where I started) is where I farm crops and keep my animals (you can only have the coop and barn on your main plot). I have four chickens, four silkworms, a calf, and a foal. On the second one, I planted a few trees which drop stuff (apples, cherries, etc) in certain seasons. I still have a lot more of the game to see (including other places to unlock) and people to meet.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »
How's that?

Also Megaman 9 is MUCH harder then 2. It's good and not cheap, but still hard.

Also I heard De Blob is much better then Wario shake, anyone know if this is true?

They aren't even in the same genre so calling one better than the other would be pretty dumb. They're both really good games.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 12, 2008, 02:23:22 AM »
They aren't even in the same genre so calling one better than the other would be pretty dumb. They're both really good games.

Heh, true, was pretty tired posting that. I still need to rent and check both out, but now De blob slightly interests me more. Looks like my Wii just saved itself from being sold.

Also my friend let me borrow an N64 and a copy of Legend of Zelda OoT.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2008, 06:03:03 PM »
I still don't understand why anyone would sell a system unless a new system plays all of the old system's games (like the GC to Wii). You're guaranteed to find something fun to play and if you say you can't, you haven't looked very hard. Unless you bought a Jaguar or something. In which case, you're mentally retarded and no one can help you anyway.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »
I would sell it because I'm a huge DMC and MGS fan, and I've yet to play either of those games, and I'm not really playing anything currently.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2008, 08:21:46 PM »
I've always been a fan of backward compatibility. However, it usually costs more money, both for the company developing the system, and for the people buying it, since it either requires the development of an emulation system, or actually involves including the necessary hardware.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »
Pata pata pata PON <3

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2008, 11:41:54 PM »
I've always been a fan of backward compatibility. However, it usually costs more money, both for the company developing the system, and for the people buying it, since it either requires the development of an emulation system, or actually involves including the necessary hardware.

I'm huge into it. Hell, I wouldn't buy the PS3 that doesn't have PS2 backwards compatibility (my friend did without knowing it, I swear he has no concept of money). That's why I've been bummed about the 360. I've never owned an xbox and I can easily think of a few games I'd like to pick up, but I doubt they'd work.

Also what the fuck, Apparently I missed a bottle and a few other things in OoT (I see why this now enraged vlad), someone tell me I'll be able to go back in time at some point in the game...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:31:10 AM by MortifiedocAlot »