Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 582619 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2008, 11:52:51 PM »
text

It's not hat the Wii isn't getting games, it's that most of the A+++ games are on other systems (the few A+++ games that there are).

Also, according to cave story speculation, King is Arthur (Toroko's brother) who experimented on the red flowers, transformed and then somehow overcame the effects of the flowers and came back with a drastically different appearance (Along with his somewhat red-ish eyes, and scars). Which would explain how he knew Toroko ate the flowers as soon as he saw her. Also, King Arthur's sword.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2008, 01:18:47 AM »
And losing support for GH: On Tour really isn't a bad thing because the game's terrible.

That's a really bad reason to defend removing functionality...

And seriously, if you really want to play GBA stuff, just keep your DS.

Screw that.  I have enough Nintendo handhelps lying around because they keep limiting and restricting backwards compatibility in the most bizarre ways.  Nintendo constantly adds in features that they use just enough to make them either fun or must-haves for particular games (IR port on the GameBoy Color, the link port on the GBA, use of the GBA slot for DS accessories and Pok
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2008, 03:30:46 AM »
Eggman, by your definition, I'm one of those guys who casually plays "hardcore" games.

The way I see it, when most people talk about casual gamers, they are referring to people who do not play "hardcore" games. They are talking about people who play stuff like Wii sports, and Nintendogs, and all those other simplistic all ages type games. Hardcore gamers are the people who actually play games beyond the current trendy popular games, and are more into games than the average "I want to kill an hour or two playing this mindless addictive game" type people.

In fact, I describe myself as at least a semi-hardcore gamer. Sure, I don't play on any of the next gen consoles. The newest consoles I own are the Gamecube and the PS2. However, I've always been fascinated with finding the rarer gems. The games that are really worth playing, rather than playing all the games that

But to be perfectly honest, I prefer my games to have a more adult presentation. Sure, the Paper Mario games are fun, and I don't have a problem with how cartoonish they are, but my personal preference goes to games that have a more adult presentation. Legend of Dragoon, most Final Fantasy games from FF7 on, Eternal Darkness, every new FPS, and the list goes on.

I will admit that I am primarily a RPG gamer, so that obviously biases my preferences. However, I simply find that too many games that I hear about for the Wii are cartoonish, and seem to be aimed at everyone (and by that, I mean kids under 12, since the "everyone" ESRB rating usually only applies to games that likely only appeal to kids in that age category.)

I will admit, I haven't had much of a chance to play a Wii, and the only game I have played is smash brother brawl (which I'm somewhat disappointed in, really. The slower pace bothers me. A lot.) However, many of the games that Nintendo seems to be releasing (and the general marketing style for the Wii in general) seems to be heavily catered to the "all ages" group, which generally ends up including young kids and families.

Bitch all you want about my personal ideas about how games are, or my personal biases. I realize a number of them are probably baseless, but except for the occasional gem (Katamari Damacy, Paper Mario, etc.) nearly all the games I actually enjoy have an adult style to them.

(Hell, I've quit playing Mabinogi, in favour of Atlantica Online because Atlantica is more adult (graphically), incorporates strategy into it's battle system, and is much less targeted at the virtual life aspect and more targeted at hardcore gamers.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 18, 2008, 03:34:40 PM »
Speaking of Mother 3, what would I need to play that?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #244 on: October 18, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »
A GBA emulator, or anything capable of playing GBA roms, I'd guess.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »
Friend let me borrow his copy of FFIV for DS.

I must say quite a fun game.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 23, 2008, 12:09:33 AM »
A GBA emulator, or anything capable of playing GBA roms, I'd guess.

Really? Don't you mean snes?

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 23, 2008, 01:05:17 AM »
Mother 3 was on the GBA IIRC.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #248 on: October 23, 2008, 06:36:42 AM »
I wiki'd it, lol. Yes, it was on the GBA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_3

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »
Mother 3 was on the GBA IIRC.

Well they also have it for the SNES but it only came out in Japan...on another forum there is a link to the translation in which you still need the GBA emulator to work it so even if you have the one for SNES it'll only come out translated on the GBA so pretty much Hal Entertainment and Lucas and the rest of the gang in Mother 3 screwed us over.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #250 on: October 23, 2008, 04:07:55 PM »
Can you show me some proof that it was on the SNES, because wikipedia says nothing at all about that.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 23, 2008, 04:20:47 PM »
There is no SNES version. Someone faked an SNES cart to look like it at one point.

I am playing Dead Space. It is fantastic. It's like a mix of Resident Evil 4 and Bioshock I guess? Except you deal damage in lines or shapes and not just dots for bullets. Like the Line Gun, which just fires a wide horizontal line of death that chops off legs. Or the Pulse Rifle, which deals damage in a sort of triangular shape in rapid-fire. Or the Ripper, which I just got, which is basically a gravitational chainsaw. You fire it and it extends a saw blade and spins it in mid-air and you basically just swing around and it cuts through things.

The audio in the game is amazing. When you're actually in vacuum, there's next to no sound. You hear sort of a dull thud of your boots and your breathing, but enemies screaming make no sound. Shots do make a boom sound because you have to have some form of feedback that you're actually hitting something but it's really muffled like you're underwater.

So yeah, it's a super cool game.

Also, I've played the PS2 version of Guitar Hero World Tour. It is TERRIBLE. Do not bother with it. The 360/PS3 versions might be okay because it's actually by the regular team but GHWT PS2 was handled by another group and it is absolutely AWFUL. Graphically, it's worse than GH1. And the load times are atrocious.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #252 on: October 23, 2008, 04:59:08 PM »
That makes me sad, I was hoping for another PS2 GH game that was actually worth playing :(

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 23, 2008, 05:23:54 PM »
Alright then, I'll pick up a GBA emulator and a few games then.

Also Dead space does look awesome. Reminds me I really want to BUY it and mass effect along with Bioshock.

Ugh, being poor sucks...

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 23, 2008, 05:25:51 PM »
RED FACTION  8)