Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 582662 times)

K-Mann

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #285 on: November 08, 2008, 01:03:38 AM »
Little Big Planet, Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 and Tales of Vesperia.

All really fun.

Fallout took me a little while to get used to, but I'm beginning to get the hang of everything. The only Action/RPGs I've ever played were System Shock 2 and Bioshock... Fallout is cool for its moral choices and such you can make. It would have been cool to give my guy a voice. I'll talk about it more when I play more.

Tales of Vesperia is awesome. Its my first Tales game, and I love it. The battle system is fun, and the main character, Yuri, actually has a good story and personality to back him up. The leveling system isn't bad, but its hard to get everyone to level up together. I guess I'll just have to shuffle up my party every so often.

Little Big Planet is a load of fun. Its cute, and looks beautiful. Not very much of a story, the main point I believe is just to get stuff to make levels. But the amount of objects and prizes surpasses even Brawl I think. Its huge. And man, Stephen Fry is a great narrator.

Far Cry 2 is pretty neat. I've kinda dropped it since I got Fallout/LPB, but its not bad. It takes a RIDICULOUS amount of time to get anywhere though, so if you want to travel, you better have a car. And you better drive off road, because if you stay on the roads, you WILL get shot at and you WILL be followed until somebody dies. But theres tons to do, and tons of way to do it, so it has a good pull to it.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2008, 03:06:55 AM »
Me playing Portal while drunk = Absolutely amazing.

Granted, I can't still do some of the advanced stuff like standing between 2 portals in a wall and moving around like that, but my aim is actually better and I'm faster at finishing levels for the most part.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 10:01:55 AM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2008, 12:18:02 PM »
Haha, nice!
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »
Pokemon Diamond--At Floroma City right now and hoping I'm going to buy an Action Replay so I can cheat like shit.

Final Fantasy III--At the Sea Dragon that is a major bitch.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2--Very Beginning.
(yeah, not even Advance 2...but A2)

Spectrobes--Just past the intro mission.

Tekken 5--Kicking the crap out of everyone on Ultra Hard with perfects from:  Devil Jin, Jin, Kazuya, King, Heihachi, Kuma, Asuka, Raven
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2008, 02:37:42 AM »
Tekken 5--Kicking the crap out of everyone on Ultra Hard with perfects from:  Devil Jin, Jin, Kazuya, King, Heihachi, Kuma, Asuka, Raven

Nice. I don't think I've EVER been good at a fighting game (Other then smash, if you can even count that). I remember loving Dark Stalkers, but I never learned any actual combos, just spammed the quick jabs when I was close and spammed the longer distance/jump kicks when they got far away.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2008, 04:40:36 AM »
I got OK at Tekken 3, I believe it was, playing with friends in school way back.

I got pretty good with smash bros melee.

And for some reason I got damn good at the gamecube Bloody Roar game, whichever one that was.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2008, 04:07:18 PM »
Oh yeah, and I'm starting to realize how overpowered the 50.cal sniper is in cod4. I can effectively rush on sabotage maps (I had the first 2 plants) with just a huge sniper and a USP. Really, if I see someone at a slight distance I can scope them and easily drop whoever in one shot, and if someone runs in close to me I can easily no scope them. The gun acts like a really big M14/M21.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2008, 07:18:39 PM »
Yeah, that's exactly how the sniper rifles are broken in CoD4 and it pisses me off. The Barrett kills in one shot in any limb. It's just stupid.

I'm currently playing Pure. It's a very very fun racing game that sadly I'll have to stop playing after I finish the World Tour mode because the people that play it online are complete morons and none of my friends play it and it doesn't have splitscreen, which is a very stupid mistake on their part.

I'm also thinking of going through Mario Galaxy again because it's still one of my favorite games and I haven't played as Luigi yet.

Next week, it'll be Mirror's Edge and then a week after that, Last Remnant is out and I'm all over that.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2008, 08:18:39 PM »
Next week, it'll be Mirror's Edge

Tell me how that is, I might get it or Fallout 3. Also I'm probably picking up Left 4 dead, from what I hear you can use any map that uses the CS:S engine in it for left 4 dead games, and I know a LOT of big maps of campuses/other huge buildings that would be great for that.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2008, 09:45:43 PM »
I was pretty bored by Fallout 3 in general so as of right now, I have a pretty heavy leaning toward Mirror's Edge. However, it's probably pretty short so yeah, hold off until I play through it. We'll see. I loved the demo a LOT though.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2008, 02:13:32 AM »
I got Audiosurf after I saw that Steam was offering it for $2.49. It's pretty fun.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2008, 04:50:47 AM »
Yeah, that's exactly how the sniper rifles are broken in CoD4 and it pisses me off. The Barrett kills in one shot in any limb. It's just stupid.

It's not that which bothers me, it's just that I can effectively move and no scope easily while sniping. Hell, at least CS had a huge loss in accuracy if you tried to move and snipe with an AWP. If I can rush with the biggest and the strongest sniper in on a sabotage map and still be in the top 3 of my team it means something is wrong.

I was pretty bored by Fallout 3 in general so as of right now, I have a pretty heavy leaning toward Mirror's Edge.

Yeah, I keep hearing VERY mixed things about VATS. I suppose I'll have to try it out myself to see if it's worth it, or just play it like a shooter. Mirrors edge looks good, but so much could go wrong with it that I hope it does well.

Also:

He didn't have the explosive perk, and I didn't even see the smoke from the grenade or the indicator when I died. Really, this HAS to be a hit box error or something, this game can be AMAZINGLY off for a modern game.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2008, 04:56:54 AM »
He didn't have the explosive perk, and I didn't even see the smoke from the grenade or the indicator when I died.

The grenade indicator has always been bugged in the CoD games that featured it.  Whenever I play CoD 2/4 in single player I regularly find myself suddenly dying and having the game explain the function of the grenade indicator only to have me shout "THERE WAS NO FUCKING INDICATOR ARGH" into my monitor as I contemplate having to redo fifteen minutes of gameplay due to a long-standing bug.  That, coupled with the enemy's uncanny grenade accuracy, makes the game quite a chore if you make the mistake of setting the difficulty above easy. :/

But enough about that, I've already whined about CoD4's single player element enough.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2008, 09:34:44 AM »
I got Audiosurf after I saw that Steam was offering it for $2.49. It's pretty fun.

I heard that it was an ok game but like most games that auto-generate things it is horrible and the only reason to play it is to listen to your favorite songs on a louder system.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »
Audiosurf actually is a lot of fun, though.  It's not "horrible" like most autogenerating games (DANCE FACTORY LOL) are simply because it doesn't try to autogenerate patterns and such.  The people who run into it expecting an experience like DDR, Guitar Hero, or Beatmania will be disappointed by it, but people looking for a nice, relaxing way to kill a half hour will love it.
"This is a machine for making cows."