Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567992 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #300 on: November 10, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »
The grenade indicator has always been bugged in the CoD games that featured it. 

Its not that, I was completely out of its range and it STILL managed to kill me. Like how half the time I can't move any closer to someone and I still miss my knife attack, while the can turn quickly and knife the air and I die.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #301 on: November 10, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »
Huh...I don't know about the former.  As far as the latter issue, I've always had more luck with the knives if I swing as I approach someone for whatever reason.  Their hit detection for it seems to be a little wonky.
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2008, 01:29:47 AM »
I got the mod Portal: Prelude, but I don't really like it. I like fast-paced puzzles, but not when everything in the room will kill you if you mess up slightly. I liked the Portal: TFV map pack because although the puzzles were more difficult than the official levels, they weren't as deadly. In Prelude, you get assaulted by turrets, ceilings that will crush you, and walls that will vaporize you. At the same time. By the 6th test chamber.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #303 on: November 11, 2008, 02:52:05 AM »
I didn't like Prelude, either, for the exact same reason. :/

I'm waiting for Valve's version of Portal's prequel.  First off, it'll actually be canon.  Secondly, they definitely know how to make a good, balanced game.

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2008, 02:07:06 PM »
So, out of boredom, I downloaded probably the hardest game ever made.

Let's see how this goes (playing on 'medium', the lowest difficulty level, because I'm a wuss. But hey, the game is unbelievably hard so who cares)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2008, 03:30:47 PM »
So, out of boredom, I downloaded probably the hardest game ever made.

Hah,as soon as you said hardest game I knew it was that. Really, I liked it, but I just couldn't progress any further.

Also played D2 untill 3 last night and got my blood golems. Shit is awesome.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2008, 05:24:08 PM »
I've been trying the Left 4 Dead demo, and it's pretty fun. I hope I can get 3 friends to get it so we can play a campaign.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »
So I just found a really nice piece of armor for my Necromancer and I sold my other 2 peices of armor and it maxed out my saved money. I'm only about level 20-ish and I have nothing to spend my money on, hot damn.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2008, 06:30:50 PM »
I've been trying the Left 4 Dead demo, and it's pretty fun. I hope I can get 3 friends to get it so we can play a campaign.

I just can't seem to get into it. Like, even with 3 friends, I was sort of bored. There's really very little depth to the game and it's more of just a sort of scream for a few minutes and fire as fast as possible and then run on to the next scripted sequence of a mass of zombies. I really don't see how what I played in the demo could be carried out to a full game.

I'm getting pretty far along in my Final Fantasy 9 playthrough. Got my gold chocobo, found all the chocographs, got all of the items I can find. Pretty much a god at this point. Pretty sure I can just move on and be just fine for very nearly the rest of the game. Next up is Ipsen's Castle, which I think is getting towards the end of disc 3.

Mirror's Edge will show up in two days and so I'll start that then. After that, it's Last Remnant next week.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2008, 04:26:15 AM »
So I found another way to do Test Chamber 09 in Portal.

I'm definitely not the first one to do it, but it was a nice find. What's funny is that even after getting past the door, GLaDOS won't stop talking about the chamber being impossible.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:52:46 AM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #310 on: November 17, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »
Mirror's Edge.

Currently on chapter 6, IIRC.  Taking a five minute break because this one section is stupidly difficult.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #311 on: November 17, 2008, 11:03:40 PM »
How is it so far?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #312 on: November 17, 2008, 11:47:07 PM »
Having beat it, I'd probably give it around a 7.0 or 7.5 out of 10 (assuming 5.0 is the average).

The biggest problem with the game is that DICE made some parts a lot more annoying and frustrating than they really needed to be.  Their idea of raising the difficulty in later chapters is basically piling more enemies into the areas, which really doesn't work well with this kind of game.

Another problem is that the game is really bloody short.  I mean, seriously, 5-6 hours?  There is content in the game that'll keep you busy after you beat it, but...5-6 hours?  Come on.  If I weren't going for the Test of Faith achievement (not shooting enemies for the entire game), which would have made some parts near the end significantly easier, I could have probably cleared the game in 3-4 hours, first try.  That is way too short for a $60 game.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 11:49:06 PM by Spectere »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2008, 01:35:10 AM »
Hot damn, that's why I haven't really looked into Dead space yet.

Also is it just me, or are there a lot of easy to do but not obvious at all moments in Ocarina of time? I've already had one part in the fire temple were there was a door that looked JUST out of my reach, then when I finally jumped it Link teleported about a foot and made the jump. Then in the water temple I walked past the thing that lowers the water level about 5 times before even realizing it was there (I had to have a friend point it out, also you can jump up to the one that raises the water all the way, but it forces you down so you just glitch back and forth on the ledge). I didn't know that the well would have the lens of truth in it (I'll admit that this is my fault really, I should have checked it out earlier). and finally I hit the spirit temple, went inside, realized I had to be a kid to get anywhere, and then I teleported back and returned my sword only to be confused as to how the hell I was going to get back there as a kid. FIGURES you'd have to exit the temple just to get the song that lets you teleport back to it.

Really, it cannot be just me who is running into these massively annoying problems.

Also dodging seems to not work out like it should. Hal the time I try to jump backwards I end up jumping sideways and getting hit.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 01:46:23 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2008, 03:06:43 AM »
I don't recall ever having any problems like that. Are you playing on emulator, or on real hardware?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x