Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 582903 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2008, 12:06:04 AM »
I always had named my Red XIII "nanaki" because my friend told me that was the real name of it so I just figured hey what the heck...

Heh, same here. 8)

Also, people tell me they always get Aeris for the dating scene, but I've never gotten anyone other than Tifa (except this one time when I followed a dating guide and got Barret).

I got Yuffie once without even trying. O.o
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2008, 01:15:39 AM »
I borrowed it from a girl 5 years ago who had obviously lent it out a lot, so the disks were already scratched pretty bad (but still playable) when I got it. She never wanted it back, though.

I have a used copy of 8 with some scratches that don't affect the game in any way I've seen, and a used copy of 9 in excellent condition. Of course, buying used PS1 games as popular as these is always a gamble, so I just got lucky twice.

My third disk was scratched so bad once you got to the crater, you were screwed. I really need to emulate this game sometime.
Didn't you guys play games when they were new?

I mentioned that I got FF7 second hand, but that was when it was still VERY new (I got really lucky, and it was only a week or 2 after it came out).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2008, 01:41:23 AM »
The great thing about having an emulator is that you don't need to find something to hold the O button while fighting JENOVA.LIFE, all it takes is a GlovePIE script that says "<whatever key you have mapped to circle> = True"

EDIT: Yuffie's actually a really useful character in battle. Cait Sith isn't too great for the most part, but he has a really nice limit break.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:09:33 AM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2008, 02:17:53 AM »
The great thing about having an emulator is that you don't need to find something to hold the O button while fighting JENOVA.LIFE, all it takes is a GlovePIE script that says "<whatever key you have mapped to circle> = True"

Haven't you heard?  Rubber bands were invented to hold down buttons on controllers. ;)

And bah, emulation.  Damn kids have it lucky nowadays.  When I was your age I was using that horribly buggy Windows 95 port of FF7.  And I liked it!
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 08, 2008, 02:30:51 AM »
You didn't own a Playstation? What was wrong with you?

Also the melee in L4D is amazing. I just punched a hunter and a smoker off of a 40 story building with them not being able to really counter it (the hunter was already stunned and the smoker didn't have his tongue charged yet).

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 08, 2008, 04:05:45 AM »
And bah, emulation.  Damn kids have it lucky nowadays.  When I was your age I was using that horribly buggy Windows 95 port of FF7.  And I liked it!

I've actually played that port. I remember "This guy are sick" being changed, being able to type in players names, music that sounded like it was made in Noteworthy Composer, and random encounters not actually being random.

I'm at the part of the game where you have to climb the cliff, and I forgot about the hilariously nonsensical fights against the icicles (THEY FIGHT BACK WTF).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 04:11:29 AM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #351 on: December 08, 2008, 04:26:30 AM »
I've actually played that port. I remember "This guy are sick" being changed, being able to type in players names, music that sounded like it was made in Noteworthy Composer, and random encounters not actually being random.

I'm at the part of the game where you have to climb the cliff, and I forgot about the hilariously nonsensical fights against the icicles (THEY FIGHT BACK WTF).

Haha, I think I tried pirating that port once. IIRC it was too buggy to work. Also, NWC was a good midi program in it's day, lol. I'm glad someone else actually remembers that program.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 08, 2008, 04:48:21 AM »
Wow, I ran out of Phoenix Downs, but Cait Sith managed to beat the giant 2-headed fire/ice thing because he had the Aurora Armlet and a Fire Ring. Now he has to beat JENOVA.DEATH on his own, which is all fire. Lol @ the slightly broken parts of this game.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 08, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »
Bah, just learn Haste and Regen. Because of the rolling damage counter on Regen and because Haste actually affects the speed of Regen, you can't die because the damage counter goes up faster than it goes down.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 09, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »
It's not like their is a thread for any of this....

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #355 on: December 09, 2008, 10:00:44 PM »
We've also gone over situations like this before. Nobody but spectere has the capability of moving the posts to another thread, and nobody seems to wait to quote this thread in a new thread (or any other instance of one thread going into another's topic).

So unless you want to post a response to this and summarize all the previous posts in quotes or whatever, it'd be a good idea to either contribute to the argument, or to contribute to the original topic of this thread.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 10, 2008, 02:13:24 AM »
DO YOU WANT TO TAKE THIS OUT SIDE?

Also the bots in L4D are generally dumb in versus mode. I had a Zoey run out side the safe room twice and die during a horde rush. I'm SO GLAD my team still won. (Funny, my team was doing bad near the end but we ended up having only 1 of them survive and they lost their survivor multiplier).

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 10, 2008, 08:59:46 AM »
Nobody but spectere has the capability of moving the posts to another thread.

Which stinks but I understand his contemplation over handing out power to people...although I'm not saying people on here can't be trusted with power to do this, I just understand why he doesn't:

1) maybe he feels there aren't enough people on here to give someone this power.
2) maybe he doesn't feel like moving this.
3) maybe he is thinking about it but hasn't come to a desicion yet

But back on topic for me...Final Fantasy IX, Tactics, III, Tactics Advance, and X....it's a lot to take in all at once but if you know where I am in each of the stories then it simplifies the complexity of playing multiple FF games at once:

IX) Just got out of the Evil Forest
T) At start up screen still...some reason the thing won't let me hit enter.
III) Beginning again training all of the available jobs to 99 then moving on
TA) Have a master Marche and 99 of everything so I'm just before the Cheeta mission.
X) Training on the Highroad and kicking the crap out of blitzball.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #358 on: December 10, 2008, 10:04:37 AM »
Which stinks but I understand his contemplation over handing out power to people...although I'm not saying people on here can't be trusted with power to do this, I just understand why he doesn't:

1) maybe he feels there aren't enough people on here to give someone this power.
2) maybe he doesn't feel like moving this.
3) maybe he is thinking about it but hasn't come to a desicion yet

I think it's a combination of 1, and the fact that he doesn't seem to have much free time lately. I understand it too, but it can be a pain at times.

And to stay on topic, I've been playing Medieval 2: Total War and D2 a lot lately. Though admittedly I've been mostly just playing the Hell Unleashed mod for D2. I also just downloaded Worms Armageddon again :P

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 10, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »
Oh, and I meant to post this sooner, but the "Nanaki is Nanaki. That's his name." line is exactly that, not "<name> is Nanaki. That's his name." I discovered that when I named all the characters PIE.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)