Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567515 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #390 on: January 10, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »
LocoRoco 1 and 2 are both in the PSP's top games easily. They're easy, but still have a lot of stuff to go back to find in each level and each of the LocoRocos plays slightly differently, gives you different music at certain points and they sing along with whatever the music is with their own voice. Break yourself up into tiny Rocos and just watch them sing along. It's mesmerizing.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 10, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »
It's a lot of fun.

Yeah, my only complaint about it is it's unpolished (the combat can be iffy at times and the audio will always mess up when you go back in time) but it's still a rather awesome game. That's why I'm wondering if the new game is a better polished prince of persia game.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 10, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »
Combat in the new PoP is largely very easy. Regular fights can actually be preempted entirely if you get to the place they spawn fast enough and attack it. They just instantly die. Battle controls are very simple. Each button does a different type of attack and stringing them together in ways that make sense gives you many different combos (like, two regular attacks followed by grabbing with the claw to throw them up, then press acrobatic button to jump after them and then maybe follow with either more acrobatic or use magic attack to blast them back down). If you screw up too much, Elika saves you and the boss gains some life back (eventually they will gain very nearly all of their life back).

Combat is largely a non-focus in the new PoP. The major focus is just to enjoy the overall beauty of what you're doing and the atmosphere of the whole thing.

Also, don't let people fool you by saying that Elika saving you is stupid. It's the exact same idea as a checkpoint system except it A. gives you no loading screen and B. actually explains within the game world's ideas exactly how the main character actually evades death, rather than just saying OOPS TRY AGAIN. It's a wonderful idea.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2009, 12:03:37 AM »
FFVII on epsxe on my laptop connected to my CRT monitor on the right side, and running my desktop seperately on my LCD on the left. Life is good. :D
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2009, 01:27:06 AM »
I've always preferred pSX to epsxe.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2009, 03:22:12 AM »
I've always preferred pSX to epsxe.

IIRC I've used both (I know I've used epsxe), and never really had issues with either.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2009, 08:53:23 PM »
I started playing Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time yesterday, and I've already logged 9 hours. It's really fun. The controls took some getting used to, but now they feel pretty natural.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2009, 09:02:04 PM »
So I just re-installed/updated TF2 on my PC here, because I've only otherwise played it on the 360 version of Orange box. Pretty fun, spent my time going between a Scout, Soldier, and mostly the demo man. I'm pretty good with the remote operated sticky bombs. At least on the map we were playing which was like a 4 stage [2 checkpoint] map in which you pushed a bomb in a mine cart to the other side of the map. I was on blue team, and we dominated every time, defense or offense. :d
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 19, 2009, 02:22:35 AM »
I'm about 20 hours into my Japanese Pokemon Platinum rom. I just got the 7th badge. My current party is: Sceptile, Lv. 43; Typhlosion, Lv. 48; Marowak, Lv. 38; Dragonair, Lv. 39; plus a Staravia and Bibarel I keep to harbor 6 HM moves. I got the ones I use in battle as eggs from a friend at the beginning of the game. I've had to consult a guide at GameFAQs a couple of times when I didn't know where to go (the game has been changed pretty noticably since D/P, a lot more than Yellow, Crystal, or Emerald were from their respective generations. They even reordered a few of the gyms). I think it's pretty good, but I'm not sure if I'd buy it whenever the translation finishes.

EDIT: Wow there are a lot of opportunities to fight high-level trainers. There are trainers who go around Pokemon Centers that you can fight daily who have Pokemon in progressively increasing levels up to the mid-50's, there's a cafe you get access to after doing some sidequest where the trainers (gym leaders and people you've teamed up with) all have Pokemon in the 60's, and after getting the National Dex, I read the Elite Four is between levels 65 and 78 (though I haven't gotten past the third since getting the National Dex). Right now my team, consisting of the 4 I mentioned above, are all at level 70.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 03:32:18 AM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 06, 2009, 03:52:58 AM »
DP for Fallout 3. I just got my house in Megaton. I'm liking this game so far.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 06, 2009, 04:28:16 AM »
Once you get that start storing "unnecessary" weapons in the locker, then collect all the guns you can along with any ammo. Sometimes you'll come across a good and have about 500 shots for it because of constant ammo hunting.

Also when you get to DC, get into the historical museum and look for the Lincoln repeater.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 13, 2009, 03:40:23 AM »
So all this jazz about EVE makes me want to try it. The whole player owned empires and massive space fights seems awesome yet I hear it's amazingly slow, don't you play it spec?

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2009, 04:57:04 AM »
I recently got a PS3, and Fallout 3 with it. I haven't played it that much (fallout) because I ran into a few glitches which annoyed me. Especially the one last time I played, where I got stuck in a really small area between some shit in the subway, and couldn't get out at all. I ended up getting autosaved in it, so the only choice would be to start over again from Vault101. I haven't played since. I also got Resistance 2 which is pretty good, but I suck online lol. Waiting for Killzone 2.

Oh, has anyone played Deadly Creatures for the Wii? That game looks interesting, and got decent reviews. Unfortunately, it takes only about 10 hours or less to complete, and there isn't any multiplayer mode or anything :(.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 13, 2009, 03:31:21 PM »
10 hours is pretty much standard for most action games these days I'm afraid. That's about how long Prince of Persia, Dead Space, and lots of other games have taken me.

I hopefully will get it from GameFly and I will hopefully update with what it's like. It looks cool though.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 13, 2009, 04:01:49 PM »
I've had that glitch happen to me in FO3 a couple of times, you REALLY need to watch out where you jump around those railings. I'm sure their might be some way to glitch out of it or teleport, also you should save OFTEN.

Also what's the deal with the Wii, it's had nothing come out for a while and now Deadly Creatures, house of the dead and MadWorld come out.

Also how long is De Blob and Zack and Wiki, I might pick them up with a price drop.