Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 581701 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #405 on: February 14, 2009, 01:44:50 AM »
My Trackmania Nations Forever world rank moved up 200,000 places in 2 days. I should play less.

Also, I'm guessing you hadn't gotten to that point yet, but you could probably just use your PIP-Boy to go to a different area and then back.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 02:04:19 AM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 14, 2009, 05:42:28 AM »
I've had that glitch happen to me in FO3 a couple of times, you REALLY need to watch out where you jump around those railings. I'm sure their might be some way to glitch out of it or teleport, also you should save OFTEN.

Also what's the deal with the Wii, it's had nothing come out for a while and now Deadly Creatures, house of the dead and MadWorld come out.

Also how long is De Blob and Zack and Wiki, I might pick them up with a price drop.

Zack & Wiki's been $20 for like 6 months now and it's worth $50 what's wrong with you.

Also, I don't know what you like but it's had plenty for me. Tales of Symphonia 2 was awesome, Wario Land was great, World of Goo is awesome, Sam & Max Season 1 is funny, and I continue to find games people have overlooked.

Do yourself a favor and get a gamefly subscription, stop looking at any form of gaming site for Wii stuff and just throw anything that looks cool in your queue. Don't even think about it. That's how I found out that One Piece Unlimited Adventure is awesome and a lengthy action-adventure game. That's how I learned how neat Endless Ocean can be. That's how I learned that Dokapon Kingdom is a very funny 4 player RPG (think Dragon Quest)/ board game (you spin a spinner to see how far you go) where you level, defeat boss monsters, take over towns and then try to outdo your friends, leading to amazing explosions of friendly anger. That's honestly how gamers should find games. Not with this preview/metacritic/hype bullshit.

Two of my most recently played 360 games are Last Remnant and Project Sylpheed. Both were reviewed poorly. Guess what? Both awesome.

And if you have gamefly, you don't have to care about game length. de Blob is of fair length though. 15 hours? Awesome game.

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 14, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »
Recently I've had to clean up my room so all of my games are in order and all of them are in this cd binder holder.

Because of this I've started to go back to old games that I haven't played in a long time.  Among them are Warioworld--GCN, Digimon World 3--PSX (I really want world 2) Ape Escape--PSX.

First time I played MGS3's Snake vs. Monkey I was like, "OMG, it's Ape Escape!!!!!"  I love ape escape....sadly I only have the first one though.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 14, 2009, 12:21:40 PM »
Yeah, I haven't rented anything in a while and I'm always cautious about buying games. That and I never really buy into hype, but hell if it wasn't for any sort of hype I'd probably never look at Zack and Wiki. That and I'm always broke so unless a game really catches my attention I probably won't be buying it.

K-Mann

« Reply #409 on: February 14, 2009, 01:05:43 PM »
Playing Eternal Sonata, FEAR 2, and will soon be getting Star Ocean on the 360.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #410 on: February 14, 2009, 10:37:26 PM »
So all this jazz about EVE makes me want to try it. The whole player owned empires and massive space fights seems awesome yet I hear it's amazingly slow, don't you play it spec?

I used to play it.  And yeah, the progression is amazingly slow in that game.  Seriously, I spent several months in that game doing nothing but improving my mining to the point that I wasn't completely pathetic at it.  You have to be dedicated as hell to become even remotely close to rich in that game.

Also, the penalty for death can prove to be extremely severe.  It's bad enough to make you extremely weary about going out into the areas that are even remotely profitable.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 15, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »
Yeah, despite the free time I have I doubt I'd be able to enjoy that.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #412 on: February 15, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »
Indeed.

It's a really good, involved game despite that.  There's a ton of depth and a lot of thought put into it, not to mention a financial model that is probably as intricate as it is in the real world.  Also, being able to learn skills while you sleep is kind of nice (though the fact that you can only learn skills on a single character at a time is a wretched pain, and the reason that I only attempted to play using one style).  There just wasn't enough of a reward for sinking time into it in my opinion.

I've been thinking of giving it a go again, though.  We'll see how that goes.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 18, 2009, 02:57:45 AM »
Ugh, now I'm in a dilemma. I'm thinking about either buying Dawn of War 2 or Madworld, and I don't exactly feel like busting my bank account to buy 2 games (sad, isn't it). Perhaps I should wait for a price drop, or I could just bust ass tearing these tree's out of my yard and see if I can't get any money from my old man.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 18, 2009, 06:36:48 AM »
Just buy Mad World because it needs every sale it can get.

I'm playing Street Fighter 4. The GameStop I preordered it at got it in on Tuesday so I pretty much spent 7 hours on Tuesday unlocking everyone (except Seth because you have to beat the game with everyone else to get him and that's a lot of people) and got some online fighting time in. Loooots of really obviously new players. Almost everyone just picks Ryu or Ken though, which annoys the hell out of me. I'm sure Akuma will show up a lot more too. I pretty much just used Cammy the entire time because she's hot and awesome and next to none of the new people seem to understand that her spinning back knuckle can go through fireballs. And so can her super. And her ultra. And one of her EX specials. It's good to finally have a Cammy that can be on a competitive level.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 18, 2009, 06:42:35 PM »
Just buy Mad World because it needs every sale it can get.

The same could be said of DoW 2, but I'm a huge sucker for beat em ups/action games.

Loooots of really obviously new players. Almost everyone just picks Ryu or Ken though, which annoys the hell out of me. I'm sure Akuma will show up a lot more too.

Hah, yeah that tends to happen with a lot of the "more complex" fighters. Hell, it's the reason I avoid Ky and Sol in GG, that and Faust is too much fun.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 19, 2009, 02:20:59 AM »
Bamp, because I intend on buying Madworld, also I think I need to expand my taste game wise. I've hardly played any RPGs OR RTS games and I suppose I'm looking for recommendations. I already know to pick up Warcraft, Starcraft, Age of Empires, and Total war but I'm fairly lost when it comes to RPGs in general. I'm assuming the playstation and the SNES are good places to start then?

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 19, 2009, 05:34:33 AM »
I found a rom of Super Mario Land with my PSP's GB emulator, and I just played it through. It's short and really easy, even for me, but I think it was an alright game.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 19, 2009, 04:45:32 PM »
Bamp, because I intend on buying Madworld, also I think I need to expand my taste game wise. I've hardly played any RPGs OR RTS games and I suppose I'm looking for recommendations. I already know to pick up Warcraft, Starcraft, Age of Empires, and Total war but I'm fairly lost when it comes to RPGs in general. I'm assuming the playstation and the SNES are good places to start then?

Start with Earthbound, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6 on the SNES to understand some of the major points in the genre (maybe Dragon Quest 4 DS as well to see the first story-based RPG as well as to get an understanding of how RPGs started out). Then move onto Final Fantasy 7 (more just to understand how it influenced the rest of the genre than anything), then try Final Fantasy Tactics (I would recommend the PSP version if at all possible as it's much MUCH better written), Xenogears, Star Ocean 2, Tales of Destiny, Grandia, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross and honestly you could almost pick whatever you want from the PS1 era as long as it isn't Beyond the Beyond and you'll be all right.

When you hit PS2 stuff, if you don't somehow play Shadow Hearts: Covenant (you may want to play Shadow Hearts 1 first so as to get the full impact, though Covenant does a great job of using flashbacks), Digital Devil Saga, Xenosaga (you could just play 3 and read the encyclopedia that's in-game if you wanted but playing 1 and 2 would be better), Persona 3/4, and Final Fantasy XII (to see the evolution of the battle system), I will kill you. However, the PS2 has a TON of great RPGs as well so again, it's pretty hard to go wrong there.

You could seriously have something like a college course just on RPGs and how design changes, character ideas, usage of cliches, plots, writing, and all that have changed over the course of the genre and how certain games have impacted both the RPG genre itself and how they've impacted the rest of gaming.

Also, I played through and finished Star Ocean 4, which was great. Beat the first bonus dungeon and now I'm not really looking forward to the second one because it's ridiculous. I'm also playing MadWorld and it is unbelievably great. Motion controls work great and feel very satisfying, the story's pretty cool, the art style is fantastic, the soundtrack is amazing and it's just plain fun.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #419 on: March 19, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »
Yeah, RPGs are a gigantic genre.

And if you want a fun, quick RPG with lots of sexual jukes, a light plot, and a slightly different battle system, try Ar Tonelico. Sure, it's not the greatest RPG ever made, but it's damn fun despite all the stuff that screams cheap production :P
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x