Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567444 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #420 on: March 20, 2009, 01:16:48 AM »
I've played DDS2 already, and I thought it was damn good. I suppose I should download Bauldors gate and finish/do something in Diablo 2.

Oh yeah, and I just watched my friend beat resident evil 5, not much of a spoiler but I laughed my ass off when Chris started punching that boulder, really now WHAT was that.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 01:25:50 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 24, 2009, 03:36:18 AM »
Mirror's Edge. I like it. I'm playing on Easy because I usually don't care too much for/suck at combat. I like the platforming sections, and it was a lot of fun once I got fully used to the controls.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 25, 2009, 03:46:59 AM »
http://tigsource.com/articles/2009/03/24/gdc-09-fez-trailer-ii

Such a shame it's going to take FOR EVER to be released. Then again this game looks SO HARD to navigate.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 25, 2009, 11:27:04 PM »
Beat story mode in Mirror's Edge, now I'm doing the races.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 25, 2009, 11:38:29 PM »
Got my FOOK mod for fallout 3 working and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It places a lot of odd weapons in game but I'm enjoying them, already found a rifle off of a black talon scout that looks like a scar, holds 50 bullets and does decent damage. My only complaint (I don't care if half of the weapons are out of place, as long as they're fun) is that they added ammunition types and it can get confusing. I have a rifle that's semi auto that uses the same ammo from the Uzi and this other SMG, which makes no sense really.

but yeah, it's a great mod. Also I'm probably going to download this soon, for the emperor.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4651

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
"This is a machine for making cows."

K-Mann

« Reply #426 on: March 28, 2009, 02:29:50 PM »
Finished Mirrors Edge. It was alright.
Finished FEAR 2. So glad I played, lots of fun.
Finished Lost Odyssey. Didn't download the new dungeon, but the game was a lot of fun.

Almost finished Tales of Vesperia. I'm scared how bad my grade is gonna be... if its bad, I won't get any cool New Game+ extras.
Almost finished Skate 2. Kind of pointless game... really I'm just playing for a few more achievements now.

Started Little Big Planet. A long time ago. I haven't played it in ages...
Started Fallout 3. I say started because I'm only level 6, even though I've been at it for more than 15 hours.
Started GTA4. Actually its a re-start, I have it for the PS3... I don't know why I did that...
Started Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Mega fun. I haven't been this engrossed in a RPG for a long time. Gonna take my time and do my best to 100% in one go. (Like that will happen. 100% bosses requires you beat them 4 times each)
Started Street Fighter 4. Have 3 more to unlock. Gouken and Akuma are gonna suck... then its all about achievements. Maybe I'll play ya, NewF

Going to buy Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2 because our store got it in used. The shape its in... its like it was never opened. Awesome.
Going to by DJTroopers. Because I can, and I want it.

Its a good thing I get sweet discounts and can trade my games in. Otherwise I would be so poor.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 28, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »
I just tried Trackmania DS. It was... bad. It's cool that you can use the DS's touch-screen for the level editor, and I like the idea of being able to play TM wherever, but there are two major problems I have with it. First, the resolution is so low that it's hard to look ahead at high speeds, which kind of make the game. Second, the DS doesn't have the hardware to handle a good 3D physics engine, so the engine used in TMDS is horribly broken. I've gone through the bottom of the level on a few occasions, and once, when landing on a platform, my rear wheels missed so my car was oriented vertically with the platform in the middle of it. Really, it's not a good game, and I'm disappointed because I really like the PC versions.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #428 on: March 29, 2009, 12:22:49 AM »
Trackmania just doesn't seem like a game that would be too well suited for portables.  Just like with the Burnout series on PSP, the action in Trackmania is too fast for such a small, low-resolution screen.

Also, not having any good analog control (and the touchscreen definitely doesn't count) would kind of hurt it, I'd imagine.  I've done all of my Trackmania playing on an Xbox 360 control pad and as a result I'd probably jump off my roof if I had to switch to some sort of digital controller.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 29, 2009, 12:46:16 AM »
Finished FEAR 2. So glad I played, lots of fun.

Really? I hear it was turned into a linear hallway shooter, which really turned me off to it considering how well the levels were made for the first game.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 29, 2009, 02:21:38 AM »
Also, not having any good analog control (and the touchscreen definitely doesn't count) would kind of hurt it, I'd imagine.  I've done all of my Trackmania playing on an Xbox 360 control pad and as a result I'd probably jump off my roof if I had to switch to some sort of digital controller.

I've never used analog control. Before I got my bluetooth dongle and started using my Wiimote (not the tilt sensors, just the buttons), I just used the keyboard. I'm so used to digital control I'd probably have trouble with B-level tracks on an analog controller.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 29, 2009, 04:06:47 PM »
Finished Lost Odyssey. Didn't download the new dungeon, but the game was a lot of fun.

The extra dungeon gives you achievements just for running to the bottom of it and you can run away from every fight but the actual fights and the boss are extremely difficult and some of the enemies drop extremely nice items, like one that effectively gives you infinite MP and I believe one item that makes all spells take one turn to cast instead of like 4 for Divide, which you would need. I still haven't spent the time to beat the whole thing.

I finished Wild Arms XF the other day. Awesome game. Neat twists on SRPGs all over the place.

Decided to start up Wild Arms 3 again because I still know right where I am. The game came out in 2002. I'll finish it some day!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #432 on: March 30, 2009, 10:31:28 AM »
Rented, played, and beat Resident Evil 5 with Armegeddon yesterday.  For the most part it was a very good game.  I had a few complaints about it, of course.  A common gripe seems to be that you can't walk/run and shoot at the same time.  I didn't really care about that so much, as it's pretty obvious that the characters take on a shooting stance when they do that.  I can also see it preventing a lot of friendly fire incidents as well as keeping it from turning into Gears of Evil.

The major weapon-related gripe that I have is the knife.  It's fucking useless.  If anything, you should be able to run and knife people, not hope that you wind up within range.  The two biggest problems with the knife are as follows:

1) Its effective range is extremely low.  In every single case you are in your enemy's melee range before they are in yours.
2) It pushes enemies back slightly.

Really, after chapter 1 the only thing we used our knives for was busting open crates and urns (though after a while that became less viable thanks to some urns having snakes in them).  It doesn't do enough damage to justify its staggering weaknesses.  Simply allowing the player to walk and use the knife would have made it a much more useful weapon.

The real deal-breaker for both of us was the final boss.  I absolutely hate being left with no clue and that boss did.  We couldn't tell if we were doing damage, how much longer we had to go, what to do, nothing.  We just kept dying and dying and dying (mostly because of the amount of damage, plus his ability to do combo attacks) before we finally got lucky and managed to kill him.  The second final boss stage wasn't as bad, just annoying above all else.  We were planning to get the game until we got to that stage, then we both came to the conclusion that neither one of us wanted to do that battle again.

The graphics are simply gorgeous.  I was very impressed with the skin textures in particular, both on the enemies and the players.  It's nice to see that games are starting to nail the intricate way that skin reflects light.  The levels were very detailed and, for the most part, the framerate held steady.  Even when it dropped it was hardly enough to have an impact on gameplay.

The controls were competent but not outstanding.  Some actions proved to be finicky, but for the most part they were responsive and easy to work with.

One thing that the game is sorely lacking is some sort of dodge button.  I don't even want to get into how many times I watched a projectile come toward me and was forced to just take an arrow to the face because there was no way to move aside fast enough.

I could probably say more, but I have to get some work done.  Ta! :)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 01, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »
1) Its effective range is extremely low.  In every single case you are in your enemy's melee range before they are in yours.
2) It pushes enemies back slightly.

What? I'm fairly sure that only Chris's blade knocks people back, also they both stun any medium enemy with each slash and you can get off a good punch/kick on them or just force them against a wall and slash the hoe to death. That and it can't be more useless then the knife from the first RE game, you have to fight ONE zombie and he still could easily put you into the orange.

Also I'm LOVING Odd World: Exoddus, it basically improved on EVERYTHING the first game did and still kept what made the first game good. Not as hard as the first game, but it's still got a lot of challenge. That and it lets you posses more then just the sligs, which is the biggest improvement.

Also also, I HAVE to ask, is Madworld worth the money? I've been somewhat waiting for SC2 because I want a decently competitive RTS game, but I'd shell out the cash for this if it's worth it.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 01, 2009, 03:27:59 AM »
It's short (3 hours on my first playthrough) but is very replayable due to Hard Mode being very hard (you get one life per stage), going for high scores, screwing around, and the extra challenges each stage contains. The visual style is even better in-motion, the soundtrack is amazing, the voices are strong, the plot is surprisingly good and the controls work without a hitch. It also has multiplayer but I've yet to try it.