Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 587456 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #435 on: April 01, 2009, 03:49:54 AM »
3 hours? Ugh, I'd rent it first but EVERY fucking rental place near me shut down, and you need to be a blockbuster member to rent there. I mean I like replaying games, but I've still yet to get past Bad Girl on hard in NMH, and that's only because I lost interest.  I suppose I won't be getting Empire total war tho, because according to spoony it has a ton of bugs and he didn't even complain that much during his FO3 review.

Funny, I get 50 bucks and I already have no idea what I want.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #436 on: April 01, 2009, 03:19:13 PM »
How is being a "member" of blockbuster hard? when I went to the newly opened blockbuster by my place for the first time, they just asked if I had a card, and because I didn't, they got some info, phone number, etc. and made it on the spot. My signature is in pink pen, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 01, 2009, 03:31:17 PM »
Meh, I probably should.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #438 on: April 01, 2009, 05:49:37 PM »
What? I'm fairly sure that only Chris's blade knocks people back

Negatory.  I was playing as Sheva and I constantly had to break out of combat stance.

also they both stun any medium enemy with each slash and you can get off a good punch/kick on them or just force them against a wall and slash the hoe to death.

That's useful if you're fighting a single enemy.  That idea falls apart when you are surrounded.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Nekros

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 10, 2009, 12:15:52 PM »
Playing Viking for the 360 again. Really good game for a hack and slash. Then again, it's about vikings and killing shit, how can you go wrong?

ps. they have mead (which is delicious)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 14, 2009, 03:00:01 AM »
So it looks like the Source engine can't handle 1331 simultaneous explosions.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2009, 04:55:42 PM »
is it me or is ninja gaiden 2 harder than ninja gaiden 1?

yeah, there's the regenerating health system, and save points which have a one time "full heal", but i see myself taking A LOT more damage than i recall in the first game.  that and blue orbs don't drop nearly as often.  enemies seem to be a lot more aggressive this time round.

and you figure after having two more iterations of the first game, they would have fixed the goddamn camera by now, but no.  i love the first game to death, but im sitting at level 3 right now, enjoying it, but id almost rather pop in the first game.  figure ill wait till i get the scythe, since from the demo, pretty fucking fun weapon to use.  more of a fan of the "HUEG SLOE" weapons in ng1, like the unlabored flawlessness, shit kicked ass.  also the lunar staff feels like the vigorian flails, with a little more range, kind of disappointing.

ahh well, i bought the game two months ago....figure id play it.  im playing on the "acolyte" difficulty by the way.  ng1 on hard was like "wait for an opening, strike....wait some more, strike again"  sure it's harder, but that doesn't make it more exciting.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2009, 02:49:56 AM »
NG2's annoying because every enemy can attack from any range. The second you start a combo oops you eat a shuriken. Try to block? Oops a guy grabs you and explodes. Walk up a staircase? Get ambushed at the top by enemies that are impossible to see or react to. I got to the werewolf stage before I just got fed up.

vladgd

« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2009, 09:14:02 AM »
kind of feels like what's happening. 

i like spamming izuna drop (xyxxxy) and well, i find it hard to do when there's more than 3 enemies on screen, even then, i have to make sure both enemies attack combo finish roughly the time time.

still i guess double flying swallow makes up for it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2009, 04:38:47 PM »
So I've finally picked up a USB controller and decided to get around to playstation emulation and I'm literally upset I hadn't of done this sooner. So far I've snagged MMX4, MM8 (currently doing a no boss weakness run), megaman legends 2 and Castelvania SotN.

I intend to getting like 20 more games, so this should keep me occupied. Also I'd like to learn how to play SF third strike, but it seems harder to pick up than GG to me.

Edit: Okay, so far I'm liking Makoto in SF3 third strike, she seems to have decent damage and good zoning.

Then move onto Final Fantasy 7 (more just to understand how it influenced the rest of the genre than anything), then try Final Fantasy Tactics (I would recommend the PSP version if at all possible as it's much MUCH better written), Xenogears, Star Ocean 2, Tales of Destiny, Grandia, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross and honestly you could almost pick whatever you want from the PS1 era as long as it isn't Beyond the Beyond and you'll be all right.

I'll be sure to check these out after I run through what I have and RE one or two, Silent Hill Medievil 2 and possibly more (I really have a huge list I want to download, and all of the ROMs have several links per download so it takes a whole to download each game and I have to be at my computer for it). Also how is Breath of Fire 3? My sister was rather into it and I still have a strategy guide.

Also I have a bad habit of downloading games I've already played and beaten. I still own MML2 and I've been putting most of my time into it.

D-D-D-DOUBLE EDIT: Holy shitting FUCK. WHY would they make a boss room THAT far away from a save room in a CASTLEVANIA GAME? I generally love metroidvania games, but when you put a FUCKING BOSS between 2 rooms full of hard to navigate gears, annoying flying enemies that do decent damage and TONS AND TONS OF MEDUSA HEADS it's enough to literally make me want to quit the game all together. Oh, and to even reach that area I had to figure out how to use a power I just recived and I had to do some damn near perfect jumps the first time right or else it would mess me up and I'd have to go back several rooms just to reset everything.

The only reason I beat it was because I'm using save states, and I found armor that let me gain health from walking, so I walked in a corner for several minuets until my health was full and THEN I went for the boss. OH YEAH, and when I fought the boss I could easily trap him in a corner and swipe him with my sword until he died with NO effort.

Ugh, it was just so many flaws all at once that I'm literally stunned. Oh yeah, that and the fact that they in no way tell you how to use spells.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:11:51 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 26, 2009, 06:39:19 AM »
Get Einhander :D Oh and of course Metal Gear Solid
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 26, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »
I'm going to. In fact I have a huge list on PS one games to burn through.

Edit: I broke the game. I was playing Castlevania and I went to the shop to buy some shit, considering I had a decent amount of cash. I noticed I had enough to buy this armor that successfully gave me twice my current defense rating, so I dropped a considerable amount of cash for it. Now every time I get hit, even from a boss I JUST beat it does 1 damage and I have somewhere around 150ish health.

It's a DAMN good game, but it's riddled with flaws.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:27:20 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 28, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
I'm playing a lot of Sim City 4 lately, trying to get the technique down of making a successful city. :D
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #448 on: April 28, 2009, 04:14:38 PM »
Been playing Demigod for a few minutes every day. Haven't tried playing online yet.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 28, 2009, 05:00:33 PM »
Been playing Demigod for a few minutes every day. Haven't tried playing online yet.

How is it? Also I've never played Dota so I have no clue how those comparisons work.

Also I downloaded MediEvil 2 and Klonoa. MediEvil 2 is a LOT more spastic than I ever remember it being, I basiccly run around at full speed smashing my hammer trying to kill people without getting hit.