Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 587962 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #450 on: April 28, 2009, 05:18:10 PM »
posting to post

STREET

FIGHTER

i have like 50 hours logged on so far, and i still suck.  when im not raging at ken faggots im generally enjoying myself.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #451 on: April 28, 2009, 05:20:24 PM »
It's pretty cool.

The basic idea is that you simply control your Demigod, killing the other team's minions and demigods, gaining gold and experience to upgrade your minion, buy items/equipment for them and buy upgrades for your team (stuff like giving the minions more armor, or strength, adding health/regen to your buildings, etc.)

I haven't tried going online yet, but it seems like a really fun multiplayer game. It seems to have a pretty limited singleplayer setup.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 28, 2009, 05:48:18 PM »
Sounds like it would need some rather fancy micro management.

Also I'm not sure why, but the only games I seem to get angry at are realistic shooters. More so at CoD4 now a days, because odd hitboxes (if you duck under some things, you can easily hide 99% of your hitbox and player model while still being able to reliably shoot with an unblocked view) and the stupidly overpowered grenades, assault rifles and that fucking knife.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #453 on: April 28, 2009, 07:44:20 PM »
Well, I haven't gotten online to see how other people play, but yeah, it probably does require some good micro, but you don't need to deal with some of the distracting things like managing buildings, or separate armies. You only control your demigod and occasionally summoned units (if your demigod can summon). And as for macro, you don't need to move your screen somewhere else to get a good picture of what's happening most of the time, because it has audio cues when your buildings get attacked, or a flag is taken, and the minimap gives you a good overall idea of where things are happening.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #454 on: April 29, 2009, 10:56:55 PM »
chinatown wars should arrive on saturday, so i guess i can comment on that when it gets here.  i wouldn't have gotten it (well, eventually, but the shelf life for the average ds game is LOW)  till later, but after hearing how shitty it sold, i figure either get it now, or not get it later due to high cost (im fucking looking at you tetris ds.).

that, and ive heard tons of good things about it.  didn't much take kindly to gta2, but from watching this game, they added enough to it to make it look accessible to a gamer such as myself.

*edit*

i guess this is more relevant.

decided instead of replaying 8, or 9....id beat one i didn't beat before.

going for final fantasy x-2.  ive started this game on three seperate occasions, and couldn't seem to get past the 15-20 hour mark.  i think this time is different, due to mainly quitting trying to max out jobs (yeah....it isn't needed, but im obsessive compulsive sometimes).  then i discovered this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/562386/27261

99ap per battle, and i don't have to do anything?  fuck yes.  i like the game, but like the ap thing put me off.  now i should be able to make it through (yes, even through all of the terrible cutscenes....though i DO like the opening theme song...)

can't really be too embarrassed, because i also like this song

yeah bitches

but uhh, the last time i tried, i was burned out on final fantasy.  like, i beat 7, 9, and 10 within two weeks of eachother.  attempted 12 again, failed, as well as x-2.  the summer following that (8 months or so later) i started and beat 5....but then i guess that burned me out on trying 6 (ff anthology). 

so yeah, im going to attempt 12 if i manage to finish this one.  only im not deleting my save and starting from the beginning again.  ill just relearn everything from where i was, it's not like i like the story or anything in that game(same goes with x-2...), everything is super bland, but i mean it doesn't detract from the "hey levelan, hey new abilities, hey new spells and shit" which i enjoy.  but uhh, started x-2 from scratch, not like it will take long to get back to where i was.

i have some kind of compulsion to beat all of the final fantasy games....im on the hook on trying 2 (i HATE the leveling system in that game) but if it's all i have left in the end, i may as well go for it.

so far im at...

tactics, though like, i don't mean spinoffs, and i don't like the gba tactics.  just felt like adding it.

and one last thing, i have my controller set up around a folded up pair of jeans and some socks, to make a level base for my tv remote to rest on the x button.  so like basically, with what i am doing right now.  get the fight setup to have one melee attacker.  i have white mage, dancer, and warrior.  white mage casts prayer (no mp cost, heals everybody a small amount), dancer casts darkness dance (no mp cost, darkness on enemy), and warrior casts sentinel (too lazy to look up what it does...its a self buff i know that).  then like walk away and come back when 20-30 minutes have elapsed (or when you know you are nearing 99ap gained...currently i don't have much being in chapter 1, but i figure ill get those 3 mostly done on each character before i move on)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 04:41:59 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 30, 2009, 08:51:06 PM »
So I downloaded Twisted Metal 2 and Vigilante-8 2 and I must say, the difference between the two is vast. I'm also constantly getting my ass kicked in Einhander. I just can't play shoot em ups.

vladgd

« Reply #456 on: April 30, 2009, 11:01:22 PM »
bionic commando multiplayer demo is out

FUCKING GET IT ITS FUCKING AWESOME

and i got chinatown wars, it's pretty good thus far.

*edit*

yeah, coming from a guy who didn't like gta games before 3, i do enjoy chinatown wars.  haven't played much (like, i got to the drug dealing "tutorial mission") but im digging what it has to offer.  i mean, it's a grand theft auto game, with a top down view, yep, that's what it is, and i like it.  if you don't like gta 3...vice city...san andreas...4, you won't like this game.  if you did, you should enjoy it.

buy it while the price is reasonable, game didn't sell well so when the supply goes down, im going to assume the price will go up.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 05:21:47 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 04, 2009, 08:29:02 PM »
Poast, but I've gotten Tomba 2 to work and I've downloaded several other games. I'm not sure how many I'll beat but so far I'm trying to get into Final Fantasy Tactics, Front Mission 3 (somewhat), Strider 2 if I can get it to work, Tomba 2, and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

Also someone mentioned to me that I should download Robopit and I shit a brick, I used to play the game constantly as a kid and I missed it bad. It's basically a fairly simple 3D robot fighting game but it has a TON of weapons and a ton of customization.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:31:50 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #458 on: May 04, 2009, 08:58:41 PM »
Poast, but I've gotten Tomba 2 to work

PLAY IT PLAY IT PLAY IT PLAY IT PLAY IT PLAY IT PLAY IT PLAY IT PLAY IT PLAY IT

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 04, 2009, 11:45:29 PM »
Wait, are you playing Front Mission 3 on PSP or on PSX? Because on PSP, I believe it has a major problem where the game crashes whenever you break a wanzer's legs. It'll freeze like 80% of the time.

Which is really confusing because the Japanese have it in their PSN Store and apparently it works just fine there even though it's just played via emulator just like any other ripped eboot. Brave Fencer Musashi's the same.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 05, 2009, 01:05:51 AM »
I will after I beat some of the other games I have. Also speaking of which I beat Castlevania SotN. Damn good game, but it was rather short and can be rather easy if you buy the diamond armor.

I suppose it's time to get to work on Megaman Legends 2.

I just got the Crusher, which is supposedly the strongest weapon in the game.

Wait, are you playing Front Mission 3 on PSP or on PSX?

PSX. How is the game anyways?

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 05, 2009, 01:18:09 AM »
Did you beat SoTN or did you finish it? I remember it took quite a while to fill out the map for both castles, get all the drops (go double Rings of Varda and Crissaegrims) and get every ending.

Front Mission 3 is an amazing game. The plot is very deep and interesting and depending on a choice early on, gives you two completely different story paths. I still have my PSX save with 140 hours on it.

vladgd

« Reply #462 on: May 10, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »
i should be working on final fantasy x-2....

but i got the fallout broken steel dlc, so basically gave me an excuse to play the game again and do missions i haven't done before.  higher level cap = more incentive to keep on truckin. 

then uhh, banjo-tooie.  i got banjo-kazooie a while back on xbla, and well, the port is awesome, and in my opinion, better than the n64 game, kind of had to pick this one up.  from what ive played thus far (100% the first level, just started the second) it's basically the same, a superb port of a fantastic n64 game.  kind of weird going into tooie, since i remembered kazooie a lot more.  it's almost as if im playing through the game for the first time all over again, since the last time i played this thing was back...sometime in 2001 (i recall getting it a few weeks after it came out, and i still have the cart). 

i remembered a few things about the game, but jesus, i wish i forgot games more often, it's nice going at this thing almost blind.  i could like...try more nuts and bolts after i beat this game, but from what ive played of it...im not a fan.  i mean, if i try, i could probably get into it, but im really not a big fan of the trial and error gameplay.  "enter mission, fail, figure out how to best beat the mission, use more trial and error making a machine to beat said mission...go into mission, beat it....do 100+ more times..."  i only bought the thing since im a big banjo fan, and it was $25.00, new.  i mean, the graphics are great, the cutscenes are surprisingly damn good, not to mention legitimately entertaining....i just wish i could say the same for the gameplay, maby a few more hours sunk into the game will change my mind.  but that, that is for another day.  also before i end this post, jollyjack did the art for the title screen of klungo saves the world (an arcade game in the game that you can play)  found that interesting. 

anywho, both games still hold up to this day (for me anyway, been literally since i played tooie on the n64 since ive last visited the genre scratch that, i forgot about sunshine, an overlooked awesome game [friggin sm64 is a great game, but fuck, people act like it's the best of it's genre, though based on OPINION i guess my statement is void])
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 07:37:28 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 10, 2009, 08:32:28 PM »
I only beat SotN, I'm not much of a 100% type of guy but I'll probably go back to it.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 10, 2009, 09:13:26 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy again. Love this game.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}