Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 583020 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #465 on: May 10, 2009, 11:04:50 PM »
Almost finished Twilight Princess and also beating (once-again) RE:Remake for GC.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 12, 2009, 09:46:40 PM »
I suppose I'll continue FM3. As of now I've been addicted to Metal Gear Solid. I've never played the original (played Twin Snakes, but that's fairly different) and I'm liking it a lot. It's a shame I never got onto the elevator during the demo. So far the Ocelot fight was somewhat hard and the tank fight was laughably easy, and I just noticed the game has some sort of weird RPG elements in it. When I win a boss fight I get to carry more gear and I get a bit more health.

Also Vlad was right, Tomba 2 is a lot of fun when you get used to it. Not even sure what the point of AP is, but I'm still having a shit ton of fun with the game.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 13, 2009, 04:36:36 PM »
I'm playin' through Cryostatsis now, I'm liking it so far. It's kind of slow and clunky, it reminds me of Penumbra in that aspect, but I like the combat (It's mostly melee, at least at this point in the game, I'm only a few hours in), using the fire axe is hideously satisfying. Plus the setting is pretty inventive.

vladgd

« Reply #468 on: May 13, 2009, 06:15:46 PM »
Also Vlad was right, Tomba 2 is a lot of fun when you get used to it. Not even sure what the point of AP is, but I'm still having a shit ton of fun with the game.

there are certain chests that require "x amount of ap" to open.  iirc (yeah..fucking forgot, beat the game a second time 9ish months ago) some/all of them are items you need for the golden tower (which either use a FAQ or figure out yourself, it gives you an item that basically breaks the game). 

anywho, go for the 100%, there ain't any other way to beat the game.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #469 on: May 13, 2009, 06:40:32 PM »
I'd be playing a lot more if I had a USB gamepad of some sort :/ I really wish I could wire up my own PS2 controller to USB converter.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2009, 02:50:14 AM »
street fighter 2, street fighter 2...and...i guess im attempting to learn civilization 4, also going to check out revolutions for the 360(yay demo...and later FRIEND WHO OWNS GAME).  since it's only $30.00 i may get it later depending on what i think of it.

also fuck forced touch screen controls.  im on a VERY (ie i haven't played much more than an hour) early mission in chinatown wars, and like, the molotov cocktail mission, retarded.

you would think throwing a molotov would be easy, but no.  im left handed for pencil stuff (so the stylus is in my left hand) and like, i have to basically touch the touchscreen icon of a molotov...then flick it in the direction i want it to go.  when i do this, i can't move...why?  because my fucking hand is using the stylus, which until then, i have to keep in my mouth for quick access.

seriously rockstar?  i don't have three hands, don't build a game that requires three hands.

ANYWHO t hawk is pretty fun to play as in that sf2, and i found the best zangief player ive ever seen save for pony (the best super turbo zangief player).  when it was my turn to fight the man...(mind you, i was asking him to super in the party chat) DOUBLE SUPER (one for each round....because like, when you get supered by zangief or t hawk, YOU DIE) and bam, im out.  the kid has his timings down, and that motivates me to get better, since well my main is mister gief, and i can't exactly tic spd like a pro like he can (i mean, if you take a jab...you better do a reversal right there because you going to be upside down in the air spinning in 360's if you don't).  gotta keep on playing brah. 

$15 on that xbla, get it, and play me.

*edit for vidyo*

GIEF GIEF GIEF GIEF

&feature=channel

start the video at 4:42

JESUS HAWK WAY TO JUST WIN
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:38:58 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 14, 2009, 06:07:02 AM »
Honestly, that second video pretty much ruined Turbo for me. That was completely retarded. Like, jesus CHRIST you just blockstunned into a piledriver do you even understand how retarded that is. He can piledriver from literally more than an entire character distance. He can reversal out of a throw and into a piledriver! And it doesn't help that Zangief's range on some of his normals looks to be about twice the distance his foot actually goes.

vladgd

« Reply #472 on: May 14, 2009, 02:32:04 PM »
i hope you aren't implying that gief is an easy character to use.  because umm, people barely pick him for a reason, he's not.

it's not like i can reversal throw whenever i want, or hell, even tic spd for the matter.  though i mean, yeah, people hate good gief players.  (as of which i am not)

(unless you play cammy in ST, because well...you have to be hella good to compete with her)

anywho, surprising you didn't mention hawk.  since he kind of did a REVERSAL SUPER.  and from the hawk v ryu in that video, he does a tic into super...and it looks like it has a bit more range than giefs super (which basically requires you to be kissing the opponent)

*edit*

fuck good dhalsim players
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:48:36 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 14, 2009, 05:23:23 PM »

Good ranged fighters are basically ass holes. I can see how someone might not like a grappler, because they have to pressure instead of hitting and moving like a striker, but a good ranged character will make it so you don't even have a chance to get near them and it can be absolutely rage inducing.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 14, 2009, 06:16:57 PM »
i hope you aren't implying that gief is an easy character to use.  because umm, people barely pick him for a reason, he's not.

it's not like i can reversal throw whenever i want, or hell, even tic spd for the matter.  though i mean, yeah, people hate good gief players.  (as of which i am not)

(unless you play cammy in ST, because well...you have to be hella good to compete with her)

anywho, surprising you didn't mention hawk.  since he kind of did a REVERSAL SUPER.  and from the hawk v ryu in that video, he does a tic into super...and it looks like it has a bit more range than giefs super (which basically requires you to be kissing the opponent)

*edit*

T. Hawk was just as retarded.

vladgd

« Reply #475 on: May 14, 2009, 09:32:50 PM »
Good ranged fighters are basically ass holes. I can see how someone might not like a grappler, because they have to pressure instead of hitting and moving like a striker, but a good ranged character will make it so you don't even have a chance to get near them and it can be absolutely rage inducing.

especially as a grappler.  it's like...if dhalsim makes no mistakes, i can't win, period.

AT THE SAME TIME, if i play perfectly (like i can do that) when i get up close to him, i basically win. 

but yeah, i only really play grapplers and charge characters.  my worst characters are all motion characters. 

and eggman, i would say something, but you play as cammy, so like every non cammy character gives her a hard time. 

also what rages me more than a good dhalsim, is any shoto.  LOL DRAGON PUNCH OUT OF ANYTHING

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 14, 2009, 11:04:49 PM »
Cammy is the lowest tier character in Turbo if I remember right so yeah, I have a tough enough time playing people just normally, without being able to be spd'd after I throw out a cannon spike.

I've begun to do better in SF4 now that there's no pressure to win. Won 10 tournaments in CMode the other day. 4 of them in a row. Got halfway to G3-A.

vladgd

« Reply #477 on: May 15, 2009, 01:43:05 AM »
still like, i got my ass handed to me today several times by cammy.  it's not like the average gief (maby me, unless im subpar) can throw out the spd at the perfect time, every time, without fucking up the motion and jumping...to get punished for jumping.

but uhh, haven't played much of 4, may not play it too much till they release the thing like they have in hdremix.  you know, two people are fighting, while 2-4 people are watching, loser goes to the end of the line, next up gets to fight the winner.  really entertaining, especially when people have mics, even if im getting dominated, im having a good time.  and really, having a good time with a few bros while playing the fightan is how i get most of my enjoyment out of the game.

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 16, 2009, 01:27:34 AM »
Been playing TF2 still, soo much fun :).

Also, Tomb Raider Anniversary (PC).

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 16, 2009, 03:18:57 AM »
Add me on steam dewd.