Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 586969 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #480 on: May 18, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »
civilization 4 was as addicting as i have heard.  also naming cities into funny names is good.  me and a friend are doing a hotseat 2v1 computer (our first game...trying to learn this complex motherfucker) and like out of fucking nowhere, like 8 hours flew by. 

his capital city is called bob ross, mine is prince albert.  also also because we are awesomely immature, the best town name on the map currently is DYKE FIGHT, i can't seem to stop laughing at that name.  also we have towns connected to the ocean called "marco" and "polo".

anyway like, feels good to get both of our civilizations connected by roads, and me converting all of his people to confucianism (gives happieness, his capital needed some).

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 19, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »
Add me on steam dewd.

I tried searching for you but coudln't find you :(  Link to your steam community page maybe?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 20, 2009, 12:09:24 AM »
Try searching for Crunkman5000 (I'm a master of shit names).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #483 on: May 20, 2009, 03:19:20 AM »
There's a reason I love this name so much. It's completely unique. I've never tried signing up for something and had to chose a new name.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 20, 2009, 03:51:50 AM »
I'm thinking of using Mr.Doc.Alot, but I already have EVERYTHING I do under my current name.

Also I got my ePSXe to work and it looks like it will fix the glitches PSX couldn't. Hopefully Tomba 2 and Parasite Eve 2 are playable now.

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 20, 2009, 03:52:05 AM »
Try searching for Crunkman5000 (I'm a master of shit names).

added :)

vladgd

« Reply #486 on: May 21, 2009, 05:03:54 AM »

decided to play a single player game of civ4 rather than do co op hotspot games for once.  settler difficulty, of course, as im fucking new, and this game is fucking complex.

having a good time, started out peaceful (i intend to be peaceful, for the most part, not a fan of KILL EVERYTHING OLOL, every game does that, it's boring), open boarders and whatnot, but this incan guy, i hated him.  spain wanted me to cancel the open boarders thing i had with him, and since spain was out of my hair, and incans was in my hair, i did that, and one uped it by going to war as well.  i got the americans to join me in the war...but they didn't as much throw one single unit at them as my macemen and musketmen went to town. 

tldr, incans had land i wanted, i took it.  on the minimap you see theres some teal that is seperate from the other teal, that spot was basically where the incans used to be.  MWAHAHAHAHAhahaaaaaaasfasfasf  well we will see where the game goes.  being my first game, i may go against my original intentions and kill everybody, but with this new land, i shouldn't feel too cramped anymore.  basically before i had my two main cities on the left there, with a smaller city to the south with ocean access....kind of connected by roads but not completely by culture (actually the incans blocked susa from the other two on the top right) since i was greedy and wanted both silver nodes so they couldn't get them.

*edit*

im going to war with people at 1950.  reason, id rather start using some of these cool units i built (BATTLESHIPS BITCH) before the game ends (2050) so if i win by a time victory (which will happen if i don't win by other means) at least i have fucked around with some of the stuff i got.  as you see, fission is up there.  that allows me to research the manhatten project....meaning nukes.  wonder if i can get them up and running in 150 years, if not, ohh well, i should have tanks up and running soon. 

and the upper left towns used to be romes....but flipped over because my culture kicked ass and basically those towns revolted against rome and became mine.  which is pretty fucking sweet, no war required to take some towns for yourself.

anywho, ill resume the game after i get home from work tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:36:27 AM by vladgd »

K-Mann

« Reply #487 on: May 22, 2009, 06:53:33 PM »
Anybody who wants someone to play with on XBLA should add me. I'm always looking for people to play with. My Gamertag is simply Kraezymann.

I am going to warn you now, I am horrible at pretty much everything I play. So if your looking for some easy wins, just add me ;)

As for what I'm playing, my current library is (in no particular order):

• Resident Evil 5 (I haven't actually played more than a couple minutes of it. This is my first time playing a Res. Evil game, I've just watched my girlfriend play through the others, so I hardly understand it all lol)
  • Fallout 3
  • Call of Duty 4 (I just got this, so I have 0 multiplayer experience)
  • Street Fighter 4 (I have not played online once yet)
  • Star Ocean: TLH
  • Ninja Gaiden 2
  • Tales of Vesperia (STILL NOT DONE YET FUCK, and when I play I get the feeling that its kind of a chore to keep going, so I haven't played it for a while... it drains me for some reason)
So, ya'll have to add me to Live. I want to get my ass beaten by someone different for a change.

PS add me

vladgd

« Reply #488 on: May 22, 2009, 10:22:20 PM »
looks like i should win some street fighter 4 matches for once

adding

tried doing war on an alt save...wasn't as satasfying on this current game, so i went back to before i started the war, and ended the game differently.  hauled ass and did the space race victory.  game ended at the year 1981, me creating the internet and whatnot before people are even driving tanks.

the game took me 10 hours and 23 minutes to complete, and it added me to the hall of fame, which i guess shows you your victories you have had, which is a neat feature.  excuse the fuck huge images, i just can't seem to like linking them, even when my resolution is probably bigger than the monitor some of you guys use (22 inch).

« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 12:26:16 AM by vladgd »

Nekros

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 23, 2009, 09:28:36 AM »
yeah, your screen is definitely bigger than mine, by more than double :P my screen is only 10.1" widescreen, bloody netbooks.

also, bought UT3 and Bioshock for the 360 ($29.83 canadian each), currently alternating between the 2
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:30:11 AM by Nekros »

K-Mann

« Reply #490 on: May 23, 2009, 04:10:34 PM »
Bioshock is amazing. You will enjoy it, I'm sure. I actually just re-picked it up to play it through again to get some achievements.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 30, 2009, 06:38:43 AM »
Bioshock scared the piss out of me at certain points when i first tried to play thru it, cause I didn't know what the hell the game was gonna be about. I still had no idea till this one scene, you'll understand what I mean. BRIX WILL BE SHAT.

When you see it, you'll shit brix.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

« Reply #492 on: May 31, 2009, 07:29:24 PM »
so i 100% on banjo kazooie, got the two secret eggs and key.  apparently there's a thing in tooie to hatch those eggs (and the secret eggs you find in tooie...which im not that far yet), hatched one and it gave me a banjo tooie gamerpic, hatched the other and it gave me a banjo kazooie theme for my dashboard, pretty kickass.  been meaning to replace my mass effect N7 gamerpic.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 17, 2009, 03:23:21 AM »
I'm in some predicament. I want to play a lot of current gen games, hell games in general, but I'm flat broke and have a super slow connection and every time I have the time to play a game I seem to jump onto TF2/Street fighter/Guilty gear. I'll probably force myself to finish MGS and Mega Man Legends 2 and then hopefully I'll figure out a way to boost my connection/steal a connection.

Also yeah, MGS for the playstation was way harder then the gamecube remake. God damned Hind D fight took me like 5 tries because I wasted ALL my rations in the staircase.

vladgd

« Reply #494 on: June 17, 2009, 04:17:34 AM »
i guess WoW, and street fighter 2 hdremix.

fuckin was playing against a godly t hawk player, and well, my zangief can't compete with him, so i played dee jay.  he plays a good zangief as well, and i felt awesome when i managed to beat his gief with my dj (im not so good against gief with dj).  but fuck, it's embarrassing when he picks cammy and beats me 3 to 1.  i mean, cammy is like the dan of sf2.

but uhh i should work on my dee jay game more, he's a damn fun character to play, and well, you never have instances where "the opponent is running away, and he's good at it, you basically can't catch him the entire round and barely as much hit him" which are part of the reason why i question having zangief as my main, i love him, but im not good enough to keep him as a main...unless i can get tic throws down...like that will happen.

*edit*

yeah dude, dee jay is my new sf2 main.  he's just too damn fun to play, gief will be my alt main.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:07:12 AM by vladgd »