Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567898 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2009, 02:55:03 AM »
I really wanted to play Castelvania Aria of Sorrow so I downloaded a GBA emulator and now I feel a bit overwhelmed at the games I should get. Really, I have no idea why I stopped hand held gaming, I guess I just stopped gaming in public and I never go on vacations with the folks.

Oh yeah, and I'm working on my gaming motivation. So far I'm at the final boss on Mega Man legends 2 and I'm right on the ass end of Metal gear solid. Also holy SHIT the final moss of MML2 is a lot harder then I remember it being. On it's second form it has a lazer that does something over half of my health and I have the best armor in the game. Maybe I should use a different secondary gun, because I need to be at a standstill to use the one I currently have and you get few opportunities to do so. Also playing this reminded at how much of a disappointment the final boss in Ocarina of Time was.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 22, 2009, 10:51:02 PM »
Okay, beat Metal Gear Solid this morning. The game was surprisingly harder then the twin snakes at the end, mostly because the missiles REX fires are damn near impossible to dodge unless you have chaff up.

Oh, and I want some recommendable Gameboy advanced games. So far I have Castlevania Aria of sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance, Boktai 2, Mega Man and Bass, and Yoshi's Island. Also I'm at a loss as how to get solar power for Boktai 2.

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 23, 2009, 12:01:15 PM »
I got Infamous for PS3 the other day. Really fun game. Yesterday, I completed the story mode at Infamous karma. With my suspension from WoW, I'll have plenty of time to play through again and complete it at Heroic karma, and on hard difficulty to get that trophy too. I wonder how much differently the story will play out.

vladgd

« Reply #498 on: June 23, 2009, 06:51:45 PM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-patch-dawn-of-war/51862

showing off the new patch in DoWII

i played the beta, and while it is fun, it further reminded me that i suck at rts games.  still, buying the game is always on my mind every time i get to the store.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 27, 2009, 07:31:48 AM »
Okay, beat Metal Gear Solid this morning. The game was surprisingly harder then the twin snakes at the end, mostly because the missiles REX fires are damn near impossible to dodge unless you have chaff up.

Oh, and I want some recommendable Gameboy advanced games. So far I have Castlevania Aria of sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance, Boktai 2, Mega Man and Bass, and Yoshi's Island. Also I'm at a loss as how to get solar power for Boktai 2.

Ninja Five-O, Racing Gears Advance, Zelda: Minish Cap, Mother 3 (get the fan translation and play this ASAP seriously one of the best games in recent years), Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Metroid Zero Mission, Drill Dozer, Golden Sun 1 and 2, Scurge: Hive (it's like Metroid with an isometric view), Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis (this might really test your patience as it's very difficult), Wario Land 4, Advance Wars, any Kirby game, lots and lots of others.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 27, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »
I just got Mother 3 and I'm already stuck on this pair of rockin' ghosts as Duster. Also are the Fire Emblem games or the advanced wars games any good?

Also Jesus Christ, Mother 3's opening is amazingly depressing.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #501 on: June 27, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »
I've been meaning to play Mother 3. Earthbound was absolutely amazing.

Also, I've played both Advance Wars and Fire Emblem games, and yes, they are quite good.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 27, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »
The GBA Fire Emblems might be better than the others actually. They have more branching paths for advanced classes and the animation is amazing.

Mother 3 is something that, at its core, is very simple. It has two overall lessons (which I won't talk about for fear of spoiling things), and they're presented in such a way that it's both comical and unbelievably tragic. It's real storytelling.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 27, 2009, 05:15:58 PM »
Mother 3 is REALLY starting to piss me off. I'm only at the part were you play as Duster alone in the castle, but the enemies are fucking brutal as far as the choir ghost goes. I have something like 120 health and one of his good hits does something like 50 damage, and I only have 2 pieces of beef jerky and a few weaker healing items (all under 60 HP regen). I thought Digital Devil Saga was supposed to be a hard RPG (or maybe that was just Nocturne), but this is just "LOL BETTER NOT GET HIT FAGGOT".

Also what's the deal with the health items? You use them, then die, and they don't come back.

Disregard all of that, I just realized you could stack the scary mask and tickle stick effects.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 07:04:28 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 28, 2009, 05:23:30 AM »
Are you using the combo system correctly? Because if not (or if you're just playing emulator and it doesn't work correctly), you're missing out on like half of your damage.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 28, 2009, 02:22:53 PM »
Are you using the combo system correctly? Because if not (or if you're just playing emulator and it doesn't work correctly), you're missing out on like half of your damage.

I can't get it working consistently no. Hell, I'm lucky if I get a 2 hit combo.

vladgd

« Reply #506 on: June 28, 2009, 10:41:29 PM »
holy shit, STHD's e honda is so fun to use.

jab headbutt through fireballs gets around that problem, and well, goddamn.

fought a zangief, and well, imo, zangief is fucked in this matchup.  as a gief player, and after destroying some giefs with honda...

but uhh, headbutt -> butt stomp -> OCHIO THROW is fucking awesome  if only the ochio throw was the same command as in this game, maby id use him in 4.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 29, 2009, 10:56:57 AM »
Prototype = FUCKING WIN! Games amazing. 'Nuff said.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 29, 2009, 06:39:42 PM »
I heard it's a bit easy and repetitive, but it looks like a step in the right direction as far as sand box games go. Plus how can you resist drop kicking a helicopter down.

Also the fight against Death in Castlevania Aria of sorrow is fucking HARD. I'm tempted to burn through all my health items, but I really don't want to. Guess it's time to GRIND.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 29, 2009, 08:11:52 PM »
Prototype is only repetitive if you're really dumb and complain about having a bajillion different powers, but you only use Blade. It's all on the player. There are SO MANY ways to kill things in that game, it's ridiculous. It's also not what I'd call "a bit easy." It's pretty much right where it should be on difficulty.