Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 583018 times)

K-Mann

Q
« Reply #540 on: July 09, 2009, 09:15:36 PM »
PEOPLE

LETS PLAY TF2 ON 360!

ADD ME: Kraezymann. I would like to play with you all. I'm no good rofl but I'll learn

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #541 on: July 09, 2009, 09:17:08 PM »
I would play, if I had a 360, and TF2.... However, I'm a poor starving student and my parents don't seem to want to pay so much for all the next gen consoles...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #542 on: July 09, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
i was going to say "vidya, 360, k, but you aren't online"

then i seen tf2

yeah...console tf2?  WUT!?  no.

blazblue, sf4, sf2, yes.  id even go as far as soulcalibur 4, or dead or alive 4 (maby not doa...) but yeah.

i guess castle crashers as well.  and bionic commando rearmed if it was online co-op, but it isn't.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:29:39 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 09, 2009, 09:32:55 PM »
Did they ever actually fix TF2 on 360? I bought Orange Box way back when it first came out and it was completely broken with rampant cheating and tons of glitches.

I finished Devil Survivor. Holy Dance is waaaaaaay too strong at the end if you have a magic build (which you should because there are way more magic attacks and weaknesses to abuse than physical) and I had pretty much broken the game by the last battle. I mean, you fight every boss over again and I solo'd all of them AND the final boss.

vladgd

« Reply #544 on: July 09, 2009, 09:37:36 PM »
far as i know they just don't have any of the new stuff (pyroscoutheavymedicspysniper updates)

i just don't see how people could play certain classes which require mouse/keyboard to function properly.  like scout, or even spy with twitch backstabs.

*edit*

HOLY SHIT

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-monster-hunter/52469

an american review site that didn't shit on monster hunter. the review seemed to pretty much nail everything.

stupidly fun when played with friends.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:54:57 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 09, 2009, 10:25:46 PM »
Gamespot's the only review place that actually kept to its guns on Monster Hunter actually. They gave it a 6.5, which is pretty much how they've reviewed all of them. All of the other review places (most notably IGN) gave it stuff like 9.5, even though none of what they called "problems" were fixed. It's like a bunch of review places just took the fact that it sold gajillions in Japan and wrote a review based on that, even though that's not how they saw it before.

The game does deserve much better than a 6.5 but you have to admit, that's REALLY odd behavior for reviewers.

vladgd

« Reply #546 on: July 09, 2009, 10:47:26 PM »
i guess i only really look at GT and giant bomb.  but i wanted to see what gamespot thought, and well, same thing.

even GT said this(but gamespot named it a con), but why the fuck would monster hunter need lock on?  it would not work with this game, it's as bad as saying "this game would be playable if it had regenerating health) no man, no.

anywho a 360 throw on an arakune who is barrier broke...WOW THE DAMAGE.  still, good luck getting close to the fucker as tager...ever.  i got lucky on one second round when i seen him dash forward to end up behind me...so i dash backwards and he basically dashes into my throw.  always fun when your opponent is predictable in aspects he isn't aware.

it's like this ken i was fighting earlier in sf2 when i was dee jay.  he would go in for a jump in 4 of the 5 rounds we had and well, i would jump straight up and he would eat a js heavy punch...followed by another and then i block because that's when he decides to dragon punch....to punish him after it.  fun stuff, fun stuff.

but for blazblue im still having problems with the being comboed thing, like noel.  it's like "LET ME FUCKING PLAY ALREADY" and finding the proper move to go off for me is kind of hard, it's not like i can block all day either.  but i guess ive been getting lucky with the "hey i can do something finally, almost dead but..., DESTROY, k i guess i won" so whatever.

i need a bit more time in the training room to get my bread and butter down, it's pretty satisfying when i can get my down c into dragon punch(think abels ground anti air throw...with suck in properties if they are magnetized.) off, which i should be able to do often, but hey, i can't.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 10, 2009, 12:14:08 AM »
Playing Klonoa, Strider 2, Mother 3, Mega Man Zero 2 and Mega Man and Bass every once in a while. Kind of a pain in the ass, but I haven't been finishing games lately (been doing nothing but shooters and fighters which is basically play until you're bored in short spurts) and I really want to finish most of them.

Got to the jealous bass in Mother 3 and haven't really tried it since it first killed me. FINALLY beat a boss in MMXZ 2, which was retarded hard. Beat Strider 2 real quick and have been dicking around with the new game mode. I'm assuming I'm right up on the end of Klonoa so I'm probably going to play it the most.

For some reason Final Fantasy Tactics, Tomba 2 (fucking doing all of that stuff only to have the textures spazz out really pissed me off, might just try to play through it) and Front Mission 3 seem to just not hold my interest now. Maybe after I beat something first.

Also yeah, I'm fairly sure I'm going to pick up SF4 despite me really wanting Prototype.

Also what the hell is wrong with my emulator memory cards? It seems like they only work with some games and then wont load with others and I can't figure out how to make save states on my ePSXe.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:37:46 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #548 on: July 10, 2009, 05:25:03 AM »
im convinced that an equal skilled nu player will beat an equal skilled tager player 100% of the time

playing friends, this game is ok, playing online, i want to snap my disc in half i hate it so much.

guess ill be waiting to check out mvc2 and how imba that game is (YO YO STORM CABLE SENT YO)

not sure i want to play blazblue anymore unless it's locally, back to playing sf2.

vlad's frustrated
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:47:12 AM by vladgd »

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 11, 2009, 05:50:12 AM »
Started an LP of Crash Bandicoot 2:

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 11, 2009, 03:10:32 PM »
im convinced that an equal skilled nu player will beat an equal skilled tager player 100% of the time

playing friends, this game is ok, playing online, i want to snap my disc in half i hate it so much.

guess ill be waiting to check out mvc2 and how imba that game is (YO YO STORM CABLE SENT YO)

not sure i want to play blazblue anymore unless it's locally, back to playing sf2.

vlad's frustrated

Well, that is by far one of Tager's worst matchups so yeah, you're going to have to struggle. MvC2 is still going to be completely broken though.

As long as you don't play like darksydephil, everything will be okay.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 11, 2009, 03:55:19 PM »
Ugh, I'll admit when I played CSS I bitched about hit detection and choke and what not (getting killed 5 times in a row early in the match and then getting an AK headshot on a guy only to have it not register, despite their being a large red blood stain in the middle of his face, and have him kill you is rather rage inducing) but I never did anything like this guy.

That and my bitching was justified, you can't get angry because YOU jumped into his anti air move 3 times, if anything you should be happy that the game is working the way it should. Maybe he's just compelled to make himself look like a slack jawed retard on camera.

Also I like how this guy is e-famous from this.

vladgd

« Reply #552 on: July 11, 2009, 08:21:11 PM »
the thing about dsp, he's actually good, he beat justin wong in STHD (using akuma, but still, it's friggin justin wong)

anywho i always get frustrated when im learning so i just vent on the internets, i rarely get mad when im enjoying myself, generally playing STHD, but i mean, sf4 has gotten less rage inducing for me.

i mean he does bitch about the online lag, but being actually good at the game, i can let it slide.

being as you brought the video up, i figure you will enjoy this

it's dsp complaining about the stupid range of guile's airthrow in STHD
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:23:28 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 12, 2009, 12:32:43 AM »
Nah, I can't let that slide. Especially in SF4, he's not that great. Even I have a win over him (my Cammy over his goddamn BALROG). What he does, is complain about everything but his own lack of skill. Oh, he's not being allowed to block. Oh the other person has too much lag, making him lose. Oh he totally hit the right direction and the stick that he's using sucks. No, I don't buy any of that. Lag in SF4 is not even close to bad, let alone bad enough to have him complain about it in nearly every match.

He could be really good in SFHD, I don't know. But he's not so good that he can sit there and spout off the sort of garbage that he says or laugh like he does at other people. He's a dick and someone is going to punch him in the mouth.

vladgd

« Reply #554 on: July 12, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »
whatever floats your boat mang, i always get a kick out of his bitching, and im pretty sure it's intended to be that way.

actually he beat jwong with dee jay as well

*edit*

anywho, im done with blazblue.  biggest regretted game purchase since grenade of grenade 4 from that steam sale, game wasn't even worth the reduced price.

it's like me playing halo going "man i wish i was playing ut2k4 right now" and then thinking...WHY THE FUCK AM I NOT PLAYING UT2K4, so yeah.  maby ill sell it to someone, or throw it away, i don't want it in my house.

but seriously, the thing to make me go "im done" was losing to like 4 people, then beating somebody.  there was no gratification to beating that person, it was pretty much "well my moves happened to come out" and that was my adventure with blazblue.  back to having fun with my vidya, YAEHEHE WHOO HOOo im done.

also fuck this game even more for making me worse at street fighter.  i don't button mash in street fighter(save for getting dizzy...then MASH THE FUCK AWAY SIR), FDSGFRDGDRGHDhb

STATS TIME

http://www.streetfighter.com/flash/#/sfhd/gamercards/

zangief: 40 wins, 46 losses
dee jay: 33 wins, 56 losses
E FUCKING HONDA: 27 wins, 16 losses

honda is easymode, seriously.

AND AND AND i made two people ragequit, and some dude bitched me out for "turtling" as i was sitting in the corner as his ryu (against my gief) jumped into my fierce punch FIVE TIMES UNTIL HE DIED.  instead of telling him to counter my shit, i told him that apparently he likes to lose because i play to win using whatever i can get away with. 

i honestly think sf2 is the only fighting game i can just play, and be happy playing.  OHH MAJICK VIDYA KOMPANIES, I ASK YEE TO CREaTE A FIghtAN vidAYA As GOOD AS yeE HOlY ENTITY KnOn As StttrreEET FYtr TEw1!1
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:31:17 PM by vladgd »