Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 582715 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #570 on: July 22, 2009, 06:37:38 AM »
figure id post this just cause

he bitches because his viewers enjoy it, frankly, i get a kick out of it, but i can understand how it can piss people off.  i mean, you make videos of yourself playing vidya for the internet, kind of don't want to make it boring and have a little fun with it.

as for the topic

tomba!
dwarf fortress
STHD

trying to play less street fighter...and more ANYTHING ELSE, so i played about an hour of tomba and two or so hours of dwarf fortress today.  if i ever get a fort im "happy" with ill post screens in the dwarf fortress thread.  still like i started picking up t-hawk in STHD and well, he's a fucking blast to play.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 06:43:09 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 22, 2009, 01:54:38 PM »
I know how you feel, I've been playing nothing but shooters and fighters for a while now. So, I've been trying to get back on track and beat Megaman Zero 2, Yoshi's Island, Mother 3 and recently Parasite Eve 2. Oh yeah, and I broke down and downloaded Brave Fencer Musashi and the nostalgia rush is awesome.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 22, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »
I picked up HAWX on 360 since it's part of their big $20 summer sale. I'd recommend it if you want a fun flight combat game. It's basically Ace Combat but with Call of Duty 4's ranks attached to it. You get more planes and new weapons packages for older planes based on your level and you gain experience by beating missions and completing challenges like killing a certain number of ground forces with certain weapons or for evading missiles without using flares. I haven't tried multiplayer yet but I bet team dogfighting would be fun. There's co-op too though I don't know anyone else that has the game.

vladgd

« Reply #573 on: July 22, 2009, 09:47:58 PM »
played the demo for 'splosion man.

surprised on how fun it was from the 3 levels they give you to play.

seeing as there's 50 single player levels, 50 co-op levels...and it's 800 points...

i may have to pick this up later

can't go wrong with a fun puzzle/platformer when all 4 face buttons do one thing "splode"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 09:50:51 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 24, 2009, 04:07:53 AM »
So, I'm playing through Parasite eve and I get to this massive boss. I beat him after I have to run through this gauntlet of other relatively hard to kill enemies and after all of that I had to change locations, this is when the game asks me to change discs. When I try, I get an error and the game just crashes. Shit sucks.

vladgd

« Reply #575 on: July 26, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »
final fantasy 12

yeah...im going to beat this game.  i don't care if there are only two cool characters(fran, balthier), IMA BEAT THIS THANG!

i just got done talking to some dreaming old guy in some temple somewhere, i really don't understand what's going on, it's like suda51 made an rpg, minus the crazy.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #576 on: July 26, 2009, 10:17:55 PM »
I really enjoyed 12. Never did get to finish it though :/ I'd like to continue my save, wherever the hell it is. Too bad my PS2 is out of commission until I find another power cord and another RF adapter (which means I need money.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 27, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »
The whole mist (not even sure what it's called again) system was fairly meh, the game could have easily done without that, that and I always seemed so damn under leveled.

Also I can apparently get Duster back in Mother 3 before I fight that mecho gorilla.

vladgd

« Reply #578 on: July 27, 2009, 12:50:40 AM »
i feel under leveled when ive been overleveling at times.

certain bosses i can't see being possible if you haven't spend a good chunk of time grinding. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 27, 2009, 12:57:26 AM »
I can do a "speed run" of the game (that is, never level outside of fighting on the way to locations) and be totally fine. I thought the game had pretty much perfect difficulty balance. I even beat the game just using weapons/armor you can buy from the shops in the last town you go to.

vladgd

« Reply #580 on: July 29, 2009, 11:44:15 PM »
my throat hurts from the yelling

so by getting mvc2 i had the points for splosion man (HURP DURP MS POINTS GUD IDEEAa) so i got it

i made it to level 2-6

THUS FAR the game has been really fun SAVE FOR TWO THREE PARTS.

the stage 1 boss (stage 1 is like 18 or so levels) which you are basically panned out really REALLY far where you are super small, and you have to fight this boss who fucks your day.  first off, boss fights in platformers, NOT FUCKING FUN EVER, bosses that are hard in platformers LESS FUN THAN THAT(i guess this guy isn't bad, but you have to go through some trial and error...and waiting for him to shoot rockets at you to deflect...makes retrying over and over a bit painful). 

stage 2-6, the end of it.  it was RAGEEeeeeeeeee, but in all honesty i just died a bunch of times and i eventually got the hang of it.

stage 2-6 deaths, i died A LOT.  so much in fact the game gave me a popup calling me a wuss and telling me that i could skip the level if i wanted too.  game, sorry, i payed money for you, now you insult me?  FUCK OFF! if you were a physical object, i would run you over with my minivan and give you to my dog.

that aside, next time you have a spare 800 points leftover because you needed to buy 2000 points to get that 1200 point game, splosion man give you a fun albeit sometimes frustrating platformer.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:50:28 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 30, 2009, 01:38:45 AM »
My thumb is fucking bleeding from my gamepad, and it seems that fail at getting C.Vipers super off about 70% of the fucking time.

vladgd

« Reply #582 on: July 30, 2009, 06:24:23 AM »
vipers ultra likes to miss, it's pretty common even amongst pros like flash metroid and combofiend(pretty much the best viper that isn't japanese) from what ive seen.  she's kind of a hard character to use too in my opinion, low stamina doesn't seem to help.

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 31, 2009, 07:03:52 PM »
A friend of mine went into the Navy recently, and gave me his Xbox 360. I picked up a set of games for it while I was vacationing up in Pennsylvania and just started playing them today.

Bioshock is...well, disturbingly realistic (All I've played before has been Wii and older systems, so this is a huge graphics jump) and beautiful. The gameplay is pretty awesome and the story seems pretty gripping thus far. Looking forward to seeing some of the stuff later on.

vladgd

« Reply #584 on: August 02, 2009, 02:05:16 AM »
i have decided i am going to work on honda as my sf4 main.

err not street fighter 4 main, i meant akuma fighter 4 main. 

i looked on srk and there was this code that you could unlock a secret character (a character that isn't akuma, i know, it's crazy) and that happened to be honda.

anyway, i apparently blow ass with chun now, guile is out of the question, gief is like akuma's easiest fight so no fucking way im using him, bison = TELEPORT STEAD OF ULTRA OLOL, balrog i could try to use but i guess im not a fan of how he plays. 

honda v akuma.  try to trade a hit, he will probably take double what you take in the trade, then turtle.  yes, turtle.  that fucker likes to run away and throw fireballs, when i get even a tiny life lead, im fucking turtling, that red haired weeaboo bitch is coming to ME, not the other way around, see how you like it akumafags.

SOOOO much more satasfying now.  and i apparently suck at sf2 randomly now so i won't be playing it for a while.  i mean, losing to a ryu named ultimatemale420...it's literally the most humiliating thing in my life.  i would say losing to an akuma named sephiroth 2304 (i can't remember the digits, only that there was 4 of them) but i just didn't fight him, i let him kill me (though i had to run at him because the fag refused to really do anything if i wouldn't do anything)

and marvel...it's odd that the game feels MORE foreign than blazblue, and yet i want to understand it more than i did blaz.  online in marvel is probably more brutal than even sf2 because your party composition, knowing 3 characters, and having proper assist types all come into play.  not to mention, playing high tiers is kind of mandatory for the newcomer. 

still don't really know what to use, but i reckon it will be something like doom, sent, ???(maby cable, maby some low tier, i kind of like juggernaut, maby even spiral if i get used to her) 

but in the 6 or so online games ive played thus far, i won one...and that game was kind of fun since we both sucked and you know, cool.  the others was like MAG FUCKIN NETO BLAM BLAM BLAM, or HYPER VIPER BEAM x3 + KOMBOS = dead, or UH OHH UH SCOOPS HAGAN DASSSSSssss FUCK THE KNICKS FUCK THE KNICKS.  but i mean, since i don't really know how to do combos really more than say 4 or 5...i need to get that down first.  any marvel players here want to let a brotha know?  i know assists are important, but when i see a magneto go combo crazy, and i try it myself, i can't really do a quarter of the hits, if that. 

but i mean playing random people who suck like i do in a mindless fashion is actually pretty damn fun.  NOW IF ONLY I HAD SOME FRIENDS WHO LIKED THE FIGHTAN, my blood pressure hates random voiceless internet people.  mortified, get a fucking 360, zakamiro, GET ONE, spektur, get an arcade stick and some hdremix/sf4/marvel, me, go to socal and play friends with the socal srk people.