Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 586995 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #585 on: August 02, 2009, 03:00:28 AM »
spektur, get an arcade stick and some hdremix/sf4/marvel

But I don't like fighting games. :'(
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 02, 2009, 04:10:01 AM »
but i mean playing random people who suck like i do in a mindless fashion is actually pretty damn fun.  NOW IF ONLY I HAD SOME FRIENDS WHO LIKED THE FIGHTAN, my blood pressure hates random voiceless internet people.  mortified, get a fucking 360, zakamiro, GET ONE, spektur, get an arcade stick and some hdremix/sf4/marvel, me, go to socal and play friends with the socal srk people.

Hell, if I had a 360 all I'd play would be SF4 and I'd nut hug BB.

vladgd

« Reply #587 on: August 02, 2009, 04:31:57 AM »
But I don't like fighting games. :'(
DON'T MAKE ME CRY

Hell, if I had a 360 all I'd play would be SF4 and I'd nut hug BB.

well, sf4 isn't sf2, BUT ID PLAY IT.  but not blazblue, eff that game.

anywho, i played some marvel, im like 10 wins and 12 losses.  half of those wins were because of cable...then i accidentally didn't pick cable once so i guess im fairly comfortable with dr doom/juggernaut/sentinel.  i don't really know dr doom, so i just fly and spam air to ground laser, as well as do his air super.  juggernaut is awesome for his dash assist, and playing him is ok, his ground projectile is pretty fun.  AND sentinel is like FLY, lk, hk, lp rocket punch, OVER AND OVER AND OVER (change up rocket punch depending on their location which i haven't got the hang of) which is pretty goddamn fun. 

i still can't combo worth shit, but i can run away like a bitch and spam moves, works for me.

then i went in for more sf2 since im a crack addict for that game.  t-hawk, 8 win 2 loss (one loss due to laggy annoying bison player i decided to let win). 

one of those wins was a damn close (3-2) gief v hawk, and that gief could reversal spd like every single time.  i was so impressed i had to send him a message complimenting his nice gief skills.  always fun doing grappler v grappler.

ohh, and i supered his russian ass in round 2, FEELS GOOD MAN.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:34:06 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 02, 2009, 06:12:58 AM »
I just continue to play more BlazBlue, mostly with friends on wednesdays since that's when we get together for random anime/game night. Played 100 matches online and probably 500 offline lol. None of my friends can figure out what to do against me as Arakune and I've now gotten people that actually send me thank you messages of xbl because I don't just run away like a pansy like all of the scrub Arakune players do. Although one guy got pretty mad that I very nearly got a totally perfect match off of him. And much higher level (I'm like 27 so we're talking them being like 49-52) players accuse me of cheating because I beat them because they've been beating on scrub Jins all day.

After working at Aladdin's Castle a few years back, I really just have no patience for playing MvC2 anymore I guess. I tried playing the demo but I really can't get excited for the game anymore just because I used to play it so much. I was never especially good or anything but eh. If one of my friends downloads it and wants to play me in-person I won't turn it down.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 04, 2009, 05:11:12 PM »
http://www.giantbomb.com/marvel-vs-capcom-2-new-age-of-heroes/61-2612/user_reviews/?review=9983

This is like, the only accurate review of MvC2 I've seen. He adressed all the right problems and sums up what's good and new about the game in less than a page, too bad most people who look at game reviews look at JUST the rating.

Fucking hate the rating system, it's like all "gamers" are illiterate retards who will check random sources and if they see a bunch of numbers it makes them happy.

Oh yeah, and after hitting [spoilers] the new Fassad, beating him and then dying on the way back to the save and health point I have no urge to play Mother 3. It was a REAL kick to the dick. Maybe I'll try some MMZ2 until I feel like doing it again.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 06, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 07, 2009, 03:50:43 AM »
That's still going to change quite a bit. Tager's always going to be on the bottom though.

And I'm pretty sure that anyone playing for the next six months really doesn't need to worry about tier lists anyway.

K-Mann

« Reply #592 on: August 08, 2009, 01:17:24 AM »
Is it bad to have my main as Taokaka?

I want a decent second. I like Jin because he is easy to use, but not really into his moves. Maybe Bang or Noel. Arakune is stupid hard to learn I guess, but would be fun to use.

vladgd

« Reply #593 on: August 08, 2009, 02:53:23 AM »
tager, bang, litchi booby lady

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 02:57:39 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #594 on: August 08, 2009, 08:44:08 AM »
So, I've been playing Fallout 3 a lot recently. I know I'm a bit behind, starting it just now, but damn, this game kicks ass. Plus, they got rid of that retarded "enemies scale with your level, so if you level poorly, your fucked" crap that was in oblivion. Only problem I have is that ir tuns like shit, even with graphical settings really turned down. I'm considering turning off the Bloom effect, as I think that is causing much of the lag, but I really don't want to have to do that.

But goddamn is it fun.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #595 on: August 08, 2009, 04:20:24 PM »
they scale, they just scale differently. 

it isn't terrible like oblivion though, unlike oblivion, fallout 3 is actually good.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 08, 2009, 04:50:53 PM »
Because it has GUNS?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #597 on: August 08, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »
they scale, they just scale differently. 

it isn't terrible like oblivion though, unlike oblivion, fallout 3 is actually good.

Well, isn't the scaling more like "you'll encounter these types of mobs commonly at these levels, and then you'll encounter these harder guys more often once you pass this threshold"?

Admittedly, I don't know to much about the game mechanics yet. I find it hard to find much in depth info on the actual mechanics for a lot of stuff :/

I love still being able to get those sneak headshot auto-crits. Saves a LOT of ammo, when possible. Mind you, I really need to get more ammo for some of my guns. Those automatics run through ammo like MAD.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #598 on: August 09, 2009, 04:06:04 PM »
its more

"enter area, enemies are locked at your current level"

that's how it works.  so if you enter a high level area for the first time, they will be high level.  if you go back to an area you only really went to without doing much levels and levels later, they will be levels and levels behind.  so really, you are rewarded for exploring early.

also, from the gameplay footage (lets plays) ive seen, nobody fucking uses sneak.  im sorry, but sneak is fucking awesome, its almost brokenly awesome.  hunting rifle, sneak, proper rifle perks, you will go through a super mutant compound using a hell of a lot less ammo than a rambo, and you may not even take a single hit while you are at it, saving easy to get stims, and saving you caps for repairing that armor.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 09, 2009, 04:16:21 PM »
I usually try to use stealth, but thanks to the radar like senses of fucking EVERYTHING in the game it's almost impossible.

Oh yeah, and I don't think Deathclaws will even spawn unless your a specific level.