Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 588244 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #600 on: August 09, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »
old olney
deathclaw sanctuary

and with a per of 9 or 10, i don't have problems finding dudes.  dudes have problems finding me(yes per has nothing to do with stealth, but it makes sure you don't get the jump on you if you are careful), maby you are stealthing wrong.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:05:37 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 09, 2009, 06:20:40 PM »
old olney
deathclaw sanctuary

and with a per of 9 or 10, i don't have problems finding dudes.  dudes have problems finding me(yes per has nothing to do with stealth, but it makes sure you don't get the jump on you if you are careful), maby you are stealthing wrong.

I mean with the exceptions of those two places, because I knows Deathclaws will spawn at the robot factory but only if your level is high enough (at least that's what I'm assuming, because they didn't show up until I was past halfway through the game).

Also perception helps stealth? All I usually do is crouch and try to stay out of their sight and they always seem to spot.

Also I just had the BEST SF4 match, and it was against a computer opponent. It was like, the ONLY opponent who wouldn't let ultras just hit them and would be aggressive as all hell. I felt like a champ after I rolled out of her ultra (I was Abel) and somehow baited her into my super.

vladgd

« Reply #602 on: August 09, 2009, 06:56:54 PM »
no i said it doesn't help stealth.  but really, it kind of does.  when you know where they are, you can better sneak around.  if you have shitty per, you may end up having one of the enemies sneak up on you since it didn't show up on your radar.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #603 on: August 10, 2009, 07:12:48 PM »
Well, my per is crappy. But I did just get the injection from the doc for helping with those ants. But yeah, sneak kicks ass. even if your sneak skill is kinda crap, you can still inflict some insane damage with the hunting rifle.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 10, 2009, 07:28:08 PM »
Yeah, the hunting rifle will be your best friend.

Also I really need to acquire those expansions. I hear point lookout and broken steele are awesome with the Pitt being okay.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #605 on: August 10, 2009, 08:14:08 PM »
I've got all the expansions on right now.. I'm so looking forward to being level 30. By then I will pretty much be a god, lol.

Also, I love how your human companions can automatically wear power armor. Once I killed the behemoth with the nuke, I grabbed the power armor off the dead guys and repaired until I got a decent DR and gave it to Jericho (I know he's pretty much the worst companion, but I didn't want to wait for someone else.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 10, 2009, 08:37:51 PM »
I don't think anyone can compare with how game braking Fawks is. He was literally tanking when I went through the deathclaw reserve.

vladgd

« Reply #607 on: August 10, 2009, 08:45:39 PM »
i fired him to play solo, companions fuck up my stealth game.

sure having a super mutant with infinite ammo on a gatling laser is awesome, but so is killing 5 super mutants in a room in one vats round each time without any of them noticing me.  and if shit is tight, that's why god invented the nuka grenade/bottlecap mines.  stealth makes setting up mine traps easy.

but i reckon there are a good different ways to play the game, this is how i play anyway.

stealth/small guns(easy to find ammo for, mandatory imo)/energy weapons(later on you get tons of ammo, plasma rifle = rape)/explosives(1hko anyone?)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 08:47:16 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 11, 2009, 02:39:59 AM »
I started playing Gears of War 2 and eh, it's nothing special. The weapons are all pretty boring and the characters are laughable. Hopefully I'll have it finished tomorrow so I can send it back to GameFly. Multiplayer doesn't even work. I joined one match, got headshotted instantly from nowhere and then lost connection and it hasn't worked since. I don't know if that's them lagging or cheating or what (my connection's fine and dandy) but I don't think I'll be trying it out anymore.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 11, 2009, 04:03:33 AM »
I thought Gears one had some fun gameplay and a rather decent final boss for a shooting game (from the bosses I saw in 2, it looked like a drop in quality) but the multiplayer SUCKED COCK. No game balance what so ever, spastic movement and glitchy jumping was what separated the good players from the bad. I remember standing up and seeing an enemy charging me from a fairly decent distance, so I pull up my lancer and start to unload into him. I land EVERY fucking shot and he just pops up next to me and fires his shotgun from the hip, which hits me in the mid section and makes me blow into 2 pieces. Not sure how much it was balanced in the second, all I know is that people survive far too long for the cover system to have any real merit.

K-Mann

« Reply #610 on: August 11, 2009, 02:19:03 PM »
Also totally playing Fallout again. Downloaded Broken Steel, because AFAIK The Pitt/Anchorage don't really continue the story from the main game?

Found Oasis. Fuuuuuuucked up. Harold was pretty fuckin' awesome though. If you do the Oasis quest, at the end, DON'T kill him, you don't get as much cool stuff.

Also, why keep a gattling laser when it can be sold for hella caps? And its not very accurate unless your in VATS, right?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #611 on: August 11, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
IIRC Gatling Laser + Fawkes = Complete rape. Or something.

but yeah, if you aren't going to do that, and aren't a big-gun type person, selling it can make you a tidy sum of caps.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 11, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »
If you're playing the PC version, just use the 999 weight limit mod mixed with bullet time and you don't even need vats. And since you can pick up literally everything you see, you'll bankrupt every seller in the wastes every time you see them.

Fallout 3 made me mad. Melee/Unarmed isn't even a viable build.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 11, 2009, 06:56:28 PM »
It truly isn't. Hell, Small arms and lazars are like the only reliable things.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 11, 2009, 08:54:14 PM »
DOBL POAST

Was just playing the PC version and I picked Dan against this rather good Balrog player. We were on opposite sides of the map and I hit my super taunt. At that time he uses Ultra and I instantly mash my ultra in and NAIL him as he's RIGHT in fucking front of me and he died.

I laughed so fucking hard.