Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567806 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #630 on: August 12, 2009, 07:35:26 PM »
you spend a perk to level up.  think about that for a second.  you want to level up...to get perks...not get perks to level up.  a complete waste imo.  same with the "you get more exp" perks.  when you are at the level cap, you will regret those decisions, since leveling up isn't really hard in the first place.

Agreed. By not taking those you can spend 2 extra perks in crap that actually helps you.

Sure, "Here and Now" gives you an extra level... At the cost of a perk. Why not just go out and kill a bunch of supermutants. Just do side quests until you level up. Or maybe just take some time out to explore, find a bunch of new locations, and such. By just doing that you'll get experience, and your bound to find a side quest or 2, and the experience associated with them.

Also, Scrounger kicks ass. Ammo starts appearing in HUGE stacks in ammo boxes. I looted something like 110+ 5mm rounds (I think they were 5mm) from a single box.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 12, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »
So yeah, I'm really not seeing what's supposed to be so great with Gears of War 2. People kept telling me about how the single player was amazing blah blah blah, but it's totally generic and the characters are all the ugliest and dumbest characters I've seen in a long time. Like, seriously, Cole is the worst character in a shooter and they should feel bad for creating him. And dear god the driving/flying segments are SO TERRIBLE.

It's called hype. That and it's GRIM DARK SHOOTER WITH MULTIPLAYER which means it's all the rage now a days.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #632 on: August 12, 2009, 09:19:29 PM »
So yeah, I'm really not seeing what's supposed to be so great with Gears of War 2. People kept telling me about how the single player was amazing blah blah blah, but it's totally generic and the characters are all the ugliest and dumbest characters I've seen in a long time. Like, seriously, Cole is the worst character in a shooter and they should feel bad for creating him. And dear god the driving/flying segments are SO TERRIBLE.

The Gears of War games are fun if you have a good friend to sit down and play them with.  Same with Halo.  Both franchises are incredibly boring when you roll solo.

And yes, the driving segments are piss poor.  On the bright side, the ones in GoW2 are much MUCH MUCH better than the one in GoW1.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #633 on: August 12, 2009, 09:30:28 PM »
man im a fagit

I WILL ATTEMPT TO BEAT OBLIVION

i will use the +5 attribute mod to prevent spending HOURS APON HOURS MAKING SURE I LEVEL UP PROPERLY and instead of abusing this to minmax to 100 in all stats...ill just try and play the game as is, only really focusing on getting endurance up asap.

maby doing this rather than MUST MINMAXXxxxxxxxxxxx may make the game fun.  i mean, i did this in morrowind, but unlike oblivion, you can easily get 21823098209 gold and spend it all on trainers to max out whatever whenever you want, easily, there's no cap to it like in oblivion.

WISH ME LUCK, ill try and post screens to show mah fuckin progress in an oblivion thread i will eventually make.

GOTTA BEAT THIS THINGGGggggggggggggggggggggg

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #634 on: August 13, 2009, 04:06:45 AM »
There ARE mods for linear leveling, like in regular RPGs, lol. My GF found one because she was sick of the ridiculous leveling system.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

K-Mann

« Reply #635 on: August 13, 2009, 06:02:25 PM »
Aight.

Fallout 3: Recruited Fawkes with his gattling laser (HOOOOOOO FUCK WIN) and I'm gonna be makin my trip to the purifier. I have Broken Steel, so I don't need to worry about saving to be able to wander some more, I'll just do it after the purifier madness. Broke level 20, got ma achievements for 3 quests and the "Last, Best Hope for Humanity." Too bad Broken Steel LOOKS like the only good DLC. I mean, I haven't tried, but I need to be convinced.

BlazBlue: I have my mains now, Taokaka and Noel. Played through their early stories, got the second "Teach Me Ms. Litchi." What a fantastic idea for a video. Fan service ftw. Also downloaded some peoples replays and I gotta say theres some fuckin' cool combos I have yet to discover.

Prototype: Gotta unleash the stupid gas machine in Time Square. FUCK THAT. I have tried more than a few times and I seem to get raped by the two Hydras that appear with all them god damn super hunters or whatever.

Beautiful Katamari: I play, but not as much as Alycia. Shes fuckin' addicted haha. Shes gonna get MS points specifically for the DLC. She wants the Astronomical Katamari achievement.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 13, 2009, 08:43:35 PM »
I already got a message from someone saying "lolumad?" and I can't remember playing them.

Also I played this Sagat player who would constantly run and force me to jump in then kick me. So several fights later I got mad and picked Sagat and spammed Tiger shot and beat him. Then when he went for a rematch I booted him and spammed the message "TIGER SHOT" to him.

I swear, most of the time I try SF4 online I just get trolled constantly.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #637 on: August 14, 2009, 12:37:57 AM »
Haha, nice work.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 14, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »
I swear, most of the time I try SF4 online I just get trolled constantly.

I should take this back, considering I fought an awesome Ryu (yeah, I know, he uses a shoto) who could also play a mean El Fuerte.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 14, 2009, 03:47:06 AM »
I finished Gears of War 2's single player and I'm not happy. I can't believe anyone in the US actually prefers characters like that over...anything. I'd take goddamn Archie and Casper over every character in Gears. The plot was dumb and the entire ending is super anti-climactic. Oh here's a super weapon. Aim and shoot three times. You win! It's as generic as any other shooter out there and there's almost nothing special about it. And multiplayer is extremely unbalanced from what others have told me. So how does become so well-reviewed and popular? I don't get it. Do people just enjoy having shitty action movie one liners come out of brick shithouse men all day long while they shoot guys with bland weapons (but one has a chainsaw!)? Ugh.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #640 on: August 14, 2009, 12:39:22 PM »
Sometimes, I like watching brick shithouse characters fuck alien shit up. I enjoyed playing that game with my friends. Sure, it's not as great as it could be, but I still found it pretty damn enjoyable to play with a couple friends, passing controllers when someone died and shit.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 14, 2009, 02:43:24 PM »
That's why I wish they'd do a good Warhammer third person shooter/action game.

Also Brave Fencer Musashi isn't as awesome as I remember, but it's still rather fuckwin.

vladgd

« Reply #642 on: August 15, 2009, 05:16:01 AM »
hl2 episode 1

so far it's what i didn't like of hl2...

seriously, half-life 2 was a good solid fps, but it got bad for me when you entered city 17 or whatever it's called.  i mean, after the ant lion prison fun...game goes downhill. 

and thus far, what have i been doing?  fighting in fucking city 17.  while the action has been pretty fucking tense. i mean, they give you like no fucking ammo...AND no fucking crowbar, sorry but my opinion is fact when i say the gravity gun is a piece of shit, i would rather a crowbar if i am conserving ammo.  i really hope i get the crowbar sooner or later, but i got to the ant lion boss lady and im a little bit past that before i called it a day. 

mind you, i have been "enjoying" my time, but all the "bump cars into antlion holes" that's pretty bullshit and not fun to do at all.  and goddamn the part where it was pitch black with the combine zombies, fuck that, fuck that, fuck that, i was so glad when i got out.  but thus far, the game is cockteasing me.  "YEA YES YYES IM OUTSIDEEEEE"  "yeah gordon, back in the building"

FUUUUUUUUUUUuuuu

feels a lot more tense than standard half-life 2, i mean, i never used the "run" button A SINGLE TIME IN MY THREE PLAYTHROUGHS OF THE GAME...and ive been using that like my life depends on it (which it usually does) in episode 1. 

tldr- I WANT TO PLAY OUTSIDE MOMMY

IMAGE FUCKING RELATED

K-Mann

« Reply #643 on: August 15, 2009, 12:16:57 PM »
Episode 2 is hella better but watch out for da cliffhangerz

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 15, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »
mind you, i have been "enjoying" my time, but all the "bump cars into antlion holes" that's pretty bullshit and not fun to do at all.  and goddamn the part where it was pitch black with the combine zombies, fuck that, fuck that, fuck that, i was so glad when i got out.  but thus far, the game is cockteasing me.  "YEA YES YYES IM OUTSIDEEEEE"  "yeah gordon, back in the building"

I like the bumping cars into combine holes later in the game, because it becomes a test in measuring which threat is more important.As for the zombies in the dark, I liked them. Not sure why, but the fact that they redesigned the flash light and the fact that Alex can't shoot unless you give her light was pretty cool.

If you don't mind driving in HL2, then you'll probably like HL2 episode 2 a lot more. Also, hunters are a MUCH needed addition to the small amount of enemies that are currently in the Half Life world.