Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567988 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #660 on: August 19, 2009, 10:17:34 PM »
i officially hate you

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 20, 2009, 02:01:45 AM »
:3

Also someone reminded me of Duke Nukem Time to kill and Rampage, going to get both now.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 20, 2009, 02:06:55 AM »
vlad you should look into Alpha Protocol. It looks like Mass Effect but with spies and stuff. I don't think you get actual party members aside from yourself but you can seduce/use various women and bribe people and stuff to help you out or just go in guns blazing. It'll be out in a month or two I think.

I want Shadow Complex but I'm playing Skate 2 right now and that needs to be installed to run smoothly and that means I have 200 megs free on my 360's hard drive and not anywhere close to the 850 needed. I liked what I played of the demo at a friend's house though. It's basically just Metroid Fusion with regular people.

vladgd

« Reply #663 on: August 20, 2009, 02:52:19 AM »
kind of looks like splinter cell with mass effect like dialog.  which should interest me, but from what ive seen, it's not on my radar. 

wait till it comes out to see how it turns out, i never count a game out before it's release.  well..that's a lie, spore, brutal legend, bioshock, bionic commando to name a few, but i ain't saying im not going to play alpha protocol, im just saying it's not on my radar and talk about the game after release may spark my interest.

also like, biological enemies (NON ROBOTS) on insanity fucking suck.

it's like, shield regen, health regen, IMMUNITY LOL.  it's a nightmare when you are my class, and your allies ai is equivalent to a human fetus(ie the people that are SUPPOSED to be the bulk of the damage, only so much i can do with a pistol and no pistol skill).  IMA STILL TRUCKIN THOUGH, IM BADASS!

but seriously, im hella enjoying shadow complex.  it's one of those no brainer game purchases, it looks good, because it IS good.  got my "jet pack" double jump thing a while ago and fought some giant robot thing with laser guided missiles...pretty cool fight.  he's basically invincible, and you are on a longish vertical corridor, so you shoot out pipes to flood the place with water...causing him to climb higher, and well, you can assume how it dies.  pretty neat though.

AFTER WORK, sat down and played a few more hours of dat shadow complex

games like this are hard to put down because it's this same rewarding pattern over and over.

-explore small area
     -get extra ammo/health/armor along the way
-find new item
-use said item to progress to next area
-find new item
-use said item to progress to next area

add bosses somewhere in there.  it's like you are always getting new stuff, and upgrades it's hard to put down because it's like "ohh but the next upgrade is just around the corner". 

but uhh where im at, i just got the laser machine gun thing, which is the most recent upgrade i got.  and this cyber armor is fucking ballin, jump slam attack = rape.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 12:20:22 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 21, 2009, 03:51:06 AM »
I ended up beating Shadow Complex in 2:58:59 with 44% of the items and I was trying to take my time. I was kind of disappointed because everyone kept saying it was "better than Super Metroid" but I know now that's complete bs and they're likely a bunch of kids that have never actually played Super Metroid. I have absolutely no clue as to what was going on with the story. It's like THE VICE PRESIDENT WAS KILLED. Why? I don't get it. Was he in the way? They say he was in the way but they don't say why he's in the way. Why not the President? The guy at the beginning has zero to do with any other part. It's like they started a game and then scrapped it and started over but forgot to take out the first part. They also didn't do even close to enough with the various abilities you got. I blame it on it being an Arcade game and not a full retail game like it should have been. The game should have been like twice as big with stuff spread out a bit more. It looks really pretty but I'm guessing having it look like that made them have to take a hit on overall game size.

It was really fun but it's not as good as the bigger games in the genre like Super Metroid, Symphony of the Night or I guess Tomba if you count it part of the genre as it sort of fits.

vladgd

« Reply #665 on: August 21, 2009, 04:19:25 AM »
i don't really believe the taking your time part.  i thought i was blowing through the game and my stats are...

6:20
map- 86%
item- 68%

i just got the super grenade gun thing.  unless you hate searching around for items, i guess you won't get much more game out of this.  it's like the people who beat fallout 3 in 10 hours, or mass effect in 6 hours, sure you can beat them if you focus on getting to the end as fast as possible. 

im assuming im really close to the end, but im enjoying fucking around getting stuff for the time being. 

whether it's better than super metroid/sotn is down to preference really.  i like it better than sotn, but id have to replay super metroid to judge that game. and calling someone a kid because they didn't prefer super metroid is just asking to be called a nostalgiafag.  but i digress, all 3 games are a joy to play. 

also, i don't know what you are talking about, but the map is fucking huge.  anyway, the game seems to be damn popular at the moment so with any luck, we will get a nice juicy sequel. 

as for tomba, it's a bit too different to compare to metroid/castlevania, but i can understand the similarities.  BUT GOD DAMN I WISH THE COMPANY THAT MADE TOMBA DIDN'T GO UNDER BECAUSE I WANT A THIRD GAME!

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 21, 2009, 04:27:55 AM »
I don't even remember what I had on the map. 79% or something.

I don't see why someone liking Super Metroid more makes them a "nostalgia fag." Regardless of anything, it is still an amazing game and it's probably even better now than it was then just because of how few games of the genre act out like it does. It's completely irrefutable impossibly fantastic. It's not like I'm saying to myself, "Oh man, this game used to be so good! I'm going to ignore any problems the game has!" It doesn't have any. At all. I would call them a kid because 99% of the time they are. It's a fact. The entire internet is literally filled with people who started gaming with the Xbox and because of gaming sites throwing around the names of "legendary" games, they know the names of stuff so when something they think is awesome floats around, the new game instantly gets put out as "better than INSERT LEGENDARY GAME." In some cases it might even be true but no, it is most definitely not in this case.

I still stand by the Shadow Complex map being tiny.

And of course the game's popular, you don't have to pay for it. You can play through the whole game for free just by downloading the demo, playing up to the first spider mech, killing it and then pressing start the second it dies and selecting load game. Then it just lets you continue playing through the rest of the game just fine. Sales are going to tank because of it.

vladgd

« Reply #667 on: August 21, 2009, 07:08:57 AM »
whatever floats your boat mang, ill just sit here and keep playing this beeotch.

new status, since i can't quit playing this fucker.

bout 8 hours in

96% map
86% items

some of these items are a tad tricky to find, but it's fun hunting down question marks all over the map and turning dem bitches into dots.

think after i 100% this, ill go for the level 50 achievement.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #668 on: August 21, 2009, 09:45:27 AM »
I've gotta agree that Super Metroid is easily worthy of it's legendary status. I'd go on about all the good things in it, but I'm lazy... So I'm just going to reiterate that I find it DAMN hard to believe that anything they make now is as good as Super Metroid, for one single reason alone: There's nothing wrong with Super Metroid. For a game to be better than SM, you'd need it to not only be more fun, and a better overall game, but also not suffer from some marring issue, be it a potentially game breaking glitch, horrible mechanics, or any of the other myriad follies that games tend to suffer from now.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #669 on: August 21, 2009, 12:18:33 PM »
Finally started playing Mass Effect.  Is it just me, or is it virtually impossible to customize your character's face without it looking like total ass?  I've tried numerous times but I just can't get it looking passable.  I think it's the eyes.

I don't see why someone liking Super Metroid more makes them a "nostalgia fag." Regardless of anything, it is still an amazing game and it's probably even better now than it was then just because of how few games of the genre act out like it does.

This.

I bought an SNES specifically so I could play Super Metroid on an actual console (the other awesome games for the system were a nice bonus, too).
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #670 on: August 22, 2009, 01:45:48 AM »
10:11
100% map
100% items

shadow complex KOMPLETED

nothing much else to say, i had a blast playing it.

*edit*

playing on insane difficulty. progress, just got double jump, on my way to the scuba mask.  figure the fastest way to level 50 is on insane difficulty, since you get hella more exp on harder difficulty settings.

also shadow complex is better than super metroid
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:12:55 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 24, 2009, 05:28:36 AM »
Shocking you'd say that, despite me not having played either...

Also I got Lost Planet, and I must say other then being retard easy this game seems pretty fun. Also big guns are big, I've never used a shotgun that was bigger then me before.

vladgd

« Reply #672 on: August 24, 2009, 07:06:12 AM »
Shocking you'd say that, despite me not having played either...

givin with how the posts have been going, if anything it should be expected of me.

i played a little more of my dark side force user in dat kotor.  it's fun, but like, im realising i keep playing games ive played before.  GOTTA FIND SOMETHING NEW!

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #673 on: August 24, 2009, 10:13:20 AM »
givin with how the posts have been going, if anything it should be expected of me.

Agreed. I was practically waiting for you to say it.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #674 on: August 24, 2009, 04:07:29 PM »
Agreed. I was practically waiting for you to say it.

at least somebody isn't living under a rock.  i main /v/, it's not like i can act differently, i enjoy having fun on my vidya internet talk foramz.  you could go "ohh but vlad don't do that i don't want anything to do with dramah" i frankly don't care, let me have fun for people who somehow fall for it.

and im thinking of getting call of duty 4 for the xbax....i have it for pc but NOBODY I FUCKIN KNOW PLAYS IT.  this is strange because i don't really like cod4, but it's not like any of my fucking friends play sf2 online, so basically that's the only game i could play with them online, like it or not.  that said, i am always down for a game of sf2 (even i guess sf4 if you don't have 2) if anybody is down for a game or 30.

also i guess i wasn't trolling when i said shadow complex was better than super metroid, that's an honest opinion.  i would NEVER bother to 100% super metroid, while i had a blast 100%ing shadow complex.  you don't agree with it, that's fine, both games kick ass, not everybody has the same 'pinion.

that's like equivalent to saying the 8.8 twilight princess score was a troll, it's just retarded fanboys who got mad over someone's opinion.  they like it more, that's fine, but jeff didn't.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:10:22 PM by vladgd »