Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567596 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #675 on: August 24, 2009, 06:00:54 PM »
It's just a sad thing when people think a game should get a 10 or a 9 just from title alone (and this is what happens in most cases, so I guess that's why). I bet MOST of the people crying about that score probably had never played the game. The whole state of videogame journalism is just plain sad really, but whatever. I'm not going to let it weigh in on my opinion.

Also I'm enjoying lost planet a lot, but I can see why someone wouldn't like it. The combat is pretty sluggish and usually involves huge enemies (the first humans you fight are pathetically weak, but a bit later in the game they get a lot tougher, like I stumbled in front of three of them and they killed me) but I guess that's what I like about it. You need to plan ahead a bit instead of just running and gunning. That and I need more games where I can get in and out of different mechs freely along with pulling their guns off and using them.

vladgd

« Reply #676 on: August 24, 2009, 10:32:41 PM »
i kind of got cod 4 (on 360, to play online with bros)

wetworks seems to literally go along with the "grenade of grenade 4" name, so i hate that map.  and well, just sucking right now playing team death match...then i decided to try one ffa deathmatch.

instead of getting "HURP DURP 2 C4 KILLS" i must have fucking got lucky or something because i won that game with 19 kills and 4 deaths with a 16 kill streak.  4th game of online call of duty ever.  im not good at console shootans, but it's a shootan game, anybody can get lucky.

the single player campaign on hard difficulty is what made me uninstall the game, CONSTANT INSTANT KILL MACHINE GUN FIRE + LITERAL STORMS OF GRENADES TO MAKE YOU RUN OUT OF COVER = DIE FROM EITHER THE 35346030987 GRENADES FROM BEHIND COVER OR DIE FROM EVERY SOLDIER ON THE PLANET SHOOTING AT YOU

not fun, not fun

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 24, 2009, 11:16:40 PM »
The game gets a lot more fun if you avoid the mindless run and gun that is DM and TDM and join games that have FF on so grenade spammers get punished.

I once joined a COD4 free for all hardcore server and I honestly would spawn and die within secounds, and I got most of my kills by just dumping my grenade as fast as possibly and spamming an LMG. Shit's just infuriating.

vladgd

« Reply #678 on: August 25, 2009, 04:18:55 AM »
well just playing with irl friends online is worth buying the game for.  but i reckon my "class" for the time being is the following.

ak47, iron sights (i prefer them to the reflex sight)
whatever the second pistol is, silencer
-3x special grenades
-stopping power
-last stand

it's getting me going thus far, and last stand tends to throw some people off for a free double exp revenge kill.  also man, im playing a console fps...for it's multiplayer.  it's like, something i said id never do, and here i am, doing it.

K-Mann

« Reply #679 on: August 25, 2009, 01:52:40 PM »
Got Batman.

Will commence playing tonight.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 25, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »
Do tell.

vladgd

« Reply #681 on: August 25, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »
i got and completed the new mass effect dlc. 

id complain, but it's 400 points, like whatever man.  basically it's a small space station, and you essentially complete some "simulated missions"

4x time trial
4x hunting
4x survival
4x capture

complete (or first place, i don't know since i just first placed everything off the bat) 3 of each to unlock the 4th in each mode.  first place like 9 of em or something and this smug turian guy will give you one of his weapons (not as good as the specter x weapons, so for my level 59 character, worthless), complete everything (or first place, again, i don't know since i first placed everything) and the admiral guy gives you a challenge for a new mission.

shepherd seems to be kind of really smug here because she's all "bitch, turn off the safety AND make it harder" and while im at it, she seems to smile more when talking in general.  not a knack but just something i noticed. 

anyway, do that "special" mission and you get the admiral's retirement home (which you don't feel bad because that badass explains when he is only going to retire when he dies) which does show up on the galaxy map.  so you got a little house you can visit whenever for grenade/medigel fillups, and if you need weapons, you can pay money for a ship to come deliver shit to you(i payed for the most expencive ship and got a specter x shotgun, while, i already have one, i figure it's nice for those who are on their first playthrough, though gear is scaled with level so you obviously won't get the best weapon in the game at level 20 or whatnot).  nothing amazing, but for someone like me, it's a nice touch.

but really, that's it.  it will definitely take longer for those who aren't badass level 59 soldiers or whatever, but i mean, it is what it is.  if that sounds good for you for 400 points you have laying around, it will entertain you for a while. 

speaking of my level/awesomeness, if anybody does get said dlc and does the last survival mission without being a high level soldier...POST A VIDEO.  goddamn, that is by far, the only thing in the game that made me go "i might die before the needed time..."  it's like GETH EVERYWHERE ROCKETS EVERYWHERE, EVERYWHERE!  i did it first try and exceeded the time i needed by an entire minute and only died because why survive longer if i already completed it.......BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTttttttttttttttttttttt i had a few close calls i will admit.

but yeah, it's value is pretty much based on how willing you are to spend 400points/how much you like mass effect.  if you are into mass effect for the one playthrough thing, don't bother, but if you enjoy the game to play through it several times, it could be up your alley.

anywho, i needed to have max achievement points for that game, which i am now 1200/1200.

*edit*

for dat CoD4, im using a stupidly underused (from what i see) weapon, RAWCKETLAWNCHAIR!!!

so im running around like a faggot with the second lmg, 2x rockets, juggernaut, martyrdom

it's a fun gay little class i have called "shootabozz"

at first, rockets seem like they suck, but if your opponent is positioned right, it's basically a free kill.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 05:22:29 AM by vladgd »

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 27, 2009, 02:56:11 AM »
東方妖々夢 〜 Perfect Cherry Blossom. Fun fun game. I need to check out some of the other Touhou Project games.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

K-Mann

« Reply #683 on: August 27, 2009, 08:53:10 PM »
Batman fucking owns.

If you love Batman, buy it. If you like Batman, buy it. If you think he'd be a pretty cool guy in real life, but its impossible for him to be, buy it. If you think Batman is a pretty boring guy but still hold some respect for him, buy it. If you hate Batman, rent it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 27, 2009, 11:51:37 PM »
Messed with my emulator so now Mother 3 sounds like hell. Not sure what I did but it wasn't smart of me.

Also yeah, I'm real close to the end of Mother 3.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #685 on: August 27, 2009, 11:57:41 PM »
東方妖々夢 〜 Perfect Cherry Blossom. Fun fun game. I need to check out some of the other Touhou Project games.

Fuck yes, touhou rocks. And Perfect Cherry Blossom has always been my favourite. So far the best I can get is the Youmu after the 3 sisters. On Hard.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 28, 2009, 02:49:51 AM »
Heh, I'm still struggling to get past stage 3 without a continue on easy. I'm slowly getting better, as I just got the game yesterday. I've been using Sakuya mostly.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #687 on: August 28, 2009, 05:12:07 AM »
i attempted to play COUNTERSTRIKE since i complained how cod4 was like counterstrike with respawning.

no, cod4 EVEN ON CONSOLE isn't as trash as counterstrike is.  i played a good 3 minutes, before i realised, i just wasted my time re downloading it.  friggin only server i could find with people in it, im using sniper rifle, and i just get "FAIL FAIL OLOL FAIL VLAD YOU MISSED LOLOL"  yeah...no.  i deleted the game after that.

i really wish i could delete it from my steam games list.  i would say i would like to un buy the game, but i didn't buy it, it came with half-llife 2 when i bought that game.

you know, maby it was good 10 years ago, but it hasn't aged well AT ALL in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:17:22 AM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #688 on: August 28, 2009, 10:06:35 AM »
you know, maby it was good 10 years ago, but it hasn't aged well AT ALL in my opinion.

Counter-Strike was good in beta.  That's about the only time it was good.

The team started to redeem themselves with Counter-Strike: Source, but then they stopped updating it.  Yay.
"This is a machine for making cows."

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 28, 2009, 12:10:05 PM »
I have have been playing Parasite Eve and it is a good game.  I have played the sequel which is far superior to the orginal.  Speaking of which it should be coming some time today ^^