Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 587970 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #690 on: August 28, 2009, 04:13:39 PM »
i attempted to play COUNTERSTRIKE since i complained how cod4 was like counterstrike with respawning.

...but COD4 is nothing like CS/S.

I have have been playing Parasite Eve and it is a good game.  I have played the sequel which is far superior to the orginal.  Speaking of which it should be coming some time today ^^

I was loving the second game until it refused to read my second disc and I didn't get to save after fighting this behemoth of a boss and running through an enemy gauntlet.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #691 on: August 28, 2009, 04:16:17 PM »
Heh, I'm still struggling to get past stage 3 without a continue on easy. I'm slowly getting better, as I just got the game yesterday. I've been using Sakuya mostly.

I use Reimu. And I mean with 5 continues, lol. I wonder how far I can get on easy, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 28, 2009, 05:21:41 PM »

Oh Ryu, you tease.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 29, 2009, 03:54:07 PM »
So I beat Mother 3 last night, and I must say that was a surprisingly depressing ending. I wish it wasn't so obvious who the masked man was, but whatever. I would have had it spoiled for me anyways. So I really did like how it kept switching between the point of views of the different characters for the beginning half of the game, but it felt like it came at the expense of gameplay (playing as one person in an RPG is kinda meh). Also god damn that part at the end

"Lucas attacks" "Lucas closes his eyes" *attack misses* "Lucas felt like crying"

I almost lost it at that part.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 29, 2009, 08:31:04 PM »
And now you get to watch the deleted boss.

&feature=related
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:42:51 PM by Eggman »

vladgd

« Reply #695 on: August 29, 2009, 09:25:03 PM »
i can understand why fighters aren't horribly popular.  if you don't keep on fucking playing, you are as good as dead online.

2 win 10 loss in my latest run of matches in sf2 as t-hawk.

doesn't fucking help i fought a total of THREE chun-li's, AND NOBODY EVER PICKS CHUN EVER

least with joe shoto it's more of a chess match, chun is like, ADD HIPPITY HOPPITY BITCH YOU CANT TOUCH ME I AM THE GINGERBREAD MAN I CAN SPAM THESE KICKS AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

ironic how i bitch about chun, and not KEN KEN KEN RYU RYU RYU RYU KUMAK UMAKUMAKAUMASUDAKSM 

it feels like something i should be able to beat, but with so little experience, how can i know how to fight her save for studying the srk forums?  and don't even get me started on the huge green cock known as blanka, i could go on and on about him.

tldr- EVERYTHING MAKES VLAD RAGE (EXCEPT WHEN IM WINNING)

BAWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 29, 2009, 09:36:06 PM »
I hate Blanka. He is one of the biggest banes to my play style. The best I can do with Cammy is try to bait electricity or try to cannon spike him out of ball. And that's if he feels like actually attacking me and not just being a defensive annoyance. And that's just in SF4. I can't even imagine correctly fighting anything close to a good Blanka using SSF2 Cammy. Ugh.

I beat Prey the other day and I have to say, I'm happy I only spent $2 on that game. It was really bland.

And I'm still waiting on GameFly to send me Batman: Arkham Asylum! At this rate, they're going to end up shipping me Guitar Hero 5 instead (GH5 ships on 8/31).

vladgd

« Reply #697 on: August 30, 2009, 02:22:18 AM »
kind of enjoying dat cod4.

running around with rpd with grip, stun grenade, martyrdom, juggernaut

hey, if it gets me kills, im rolling with it.

rpd is pretty rape, though, i have yet to see the use of smg's.  they are like an lmg, but with shittier range, and damage isn't too relevant since anything kills you in a millisecond. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #698 on: August 30, 2009, 03:48:27 AM »
So, I downloaded the mother 3 translation, and started playing. I just saved Fuel.

So far I'm loving the combo system (Though I can't seem to get a second hit on Yammonsters, lol). Finally, a system that rewards you for mashing the attack button after you've selected attack. (well, as long as you time it to the music, which I have a habit of anyway.)

EDIT: Well what do you know, first thing I do after finishing that post is killing a Yammonster in 1 "hit" because I got a combo.

Edit2: I like the music when you enter the Magypsies place. It seems to be based partially around Canon, and maybe something else. But it is amazingly well written.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 06:06:34 AM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #699 on: August 31, 2009, 02:02:29 AM »
rpd is pretty rape, though, i have yet to see the use of smg's.  they are like an lmg, but with shittier range, and damage isn't too relevant since anything kills you in a millisecond. 

SMGs aren't too useful in most maps, but you can dominate in close-quarters with them.  In that, uh...one map with the tight corridors (I forgot the name of it :x), stay inside with a shotgun or SMG and you'll destroy everyone who's crazy enough to take a rifle.  The nice part about SMGs is that even though they aren't too accurate, you can stabilize them faster and burst fire in a tighter grouping.

gverav I need to start playing CoD4 again.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 31, 2009, 03:43:32 AM »
gverav I need to start playing CoD4 again.

Same, but I'm pretty damn sure that most of the good servers on the PC version are damn near dead. Meh, I'll check around next time I feel like it.

That and I want to check out Mirror's Edge now, game seems rather fun.

vladgd

« Reply #701 on: August 31, 2009, 03:47:32 AM »
got an 18 kill streak on bog team death match

[spoiler]using a silenced g3[/spoiler]

g3 is effing hard to use, but for some reason I KEEP ON FUCKIN USING IT

that and im starting to lose my voice from all the yelling at dat vidya ive been doing, like literally

*edit*

actually it was the ak74u, still, a weapon im not used to at all.  i got two hours of sleep that day due to work and well i played like 6 hours of cod4, so memory = rusty.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:45:38 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 31, 2009, 07:07:50 PM »
I used to use SMG's in CoD4 all the time and totally dominated. You just can't camp spots at all aside from staircases or small rooms. I actually really hope MW2 has more smaller locations that make use of a shotgun better because they're actually my favorite weapon. AA-12 fights would be awesome. Especially if you get people to chase you around a corner into C4 or something.

I started replaying FF8 and I'm not especially far because I work every day right now. I'm on my way to Timber. Zell and Squall have 3000 HP at level 15 due to Life Magic Refine and Tents to make Curaga. I'm really realizing how pointless complaining about Draw Magic is. Like, you don't even need 100 of every spell. The elemental spells suck for junctioning so you can have as much as you think you need and cast away. The spells that work best for stats are always really obvious (Haste for speed, Protect for Vitality, Shell for Spirit, highest non basic attack spell for attack, Cure/Life for HP) so you know you only need a few at max to really get the full benefit. And you can make most of those spells out of items much easier than drawing them anyway. So basically, the game urges you to not level and you don't actually even have to rely on drawing magic to get all your spells. And you can just use Diablos to turn off random battles anyway.

Also, apparently GameFly is sending me Guitar Hero 5 instead of Batman (booooo) so I guess I'll have something to report on how bad/terrible it is on wednesday/thursday.

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 31, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
I can't believe I'm getting back into Starcraft.

Although, all I do is play micromaps and not take things seriously

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35:59 PM »
I used to use SMG's in CoD4 all the time and totally dominated. You just can't camp spots at all aside from staircases or small rooms. I actually really hope MW2 has more smaller locations that make use of a shotgun better because they're actually my favorite weapon. AA-12 fights would be awesome. Especially if you get people to chase you around a corner into C4 or something.

Highly doubt-able.They need to buff the close range weapons because currently the assault rifles are subtly overpowered. Hell, damn near any situation an SMG would be ideal a rifle would also be fine.