Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 586933 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #720 on: September 07, 2009, 06:36:44 PM »
Tried Lunatic in PCB, and I made it past the first stage on my first try (with continues, of course). Then I decided to record it in practice.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #721 on: September 07, 2009, 06:54:31 PM »
Ok, I'm gonna have to record myself sometime. I'll make a recording of one of the later bosses, like the sisters or something on lunatic.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 07, 2009, 08:06:03 PM »
Uninstalled Lost Planet. Can't stand games that change gameplay completely on the final boss.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 07, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »
Wait what was hard about the last boss? I admit that the change comes from out of nowhere and feels like a really poorly-made knock-off of Zone of the Enders but I thought the ending was pretty easy. Just fire away from distance (you did know that you had a longer distance attack right?) and you can dodge most of the attacks pretty easily.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 08, 2009, 02:45:26 AM »
I don't know much, outside of the fact that my range attacks to near no damage and the melee does decent. That and I really don't care about the story, but it was a fun game while it lasted. Maybe I was a bit too hasty when I deleted it, but it's still in my recycle bin.

vladgd

« Reply #725 on: September 08, 2009, 03:41:50 AM »
so i got kotor on steam even though i have it on xbox.  my standard xbox isn't working and the 360 emulation is ANNOYING with it's sound choppiness. 

doing a darkside force user since the last kotor 1 playthrough was a lightside melee user. 

started out as a scout for the free implant feats, got it to level 4 for the second implant feat and stopping until i become a jedi.  that said, doing the arena missions as a level 4 scout...kind of difficult for the last three guys. 

the melee dude i kited, didn't know you could kite people in this game, but i took care of him that way.  the "champion" i basically abused energy shields and grenades.  and starkiller i kind of abused the rest of my grenade stock, more energy shields, advanced medi kits, LOTS OF LUCK, and saving mid battle to reload when needed.  wasn't easy but i downed him at level 4.  mind you i have like 10 dex and like 8 strength, so i kind of suck at melee AND ranged combat, so im using a bowcaster since it beats going melee.

anywho, my wrist is kind of hurting at the moment else i would play some more, hopefully ill be off taris tomorrow. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:43:22 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 08, 2009, 03:20:19 PM »
Yeah, I think I'd actually enjoy playing KOTOR again on PC instead of my Xbox copy just because of how god awful the support is for that game on 360. I want to play KOTOR 2 but I'm actually afraid of getting the Xbox version. I'll just wait until it shows up on Steam.

I'm in full swing of playing Metroid Prime Trilogy. Playing through Prime 1 and really really enjoying it a lot. Being able to lock on to one enemy and still free aim to shoot other stuff around helps a lot and being able to move around while selecting visors and weapons and scanning and all that just feels better. I've actually never finished any of the Prime games so I'm determined to finish all 3 this time around. I'm up to 48% items and 85% scans. I think I missed two boss enemies too. Namely, the thing that spawns wasps that you get missiles from and I think the war wasp hive during the fight with the flamethrower boss. Still, I'm happy with how things are going.

vladgd

« Reply #727 on: September 08, 2009, 06:44:11 PM »
kotor 2 is glitchy on BOTH platforms (seriously, i own BOTH of them), get the pc version if you planned on playing kotor 2 on the 360, the sound glitches are AWFUL.  can't much say for playing it on a regular xbox, mine stopped working before i got kotor2.  as for kotor 1 on the regular xbox, it's fine, you will have longer load times of course, but it's still really enjoyable.

plus like kotor is easily downloaded on steam for $10.00, GOD DAMN YOU CONVENIENCE!

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 09, 2009, 12:19:05 AM »
DJMAX Trilogy and Halo 3. I havent been going on my 360 much lately though cause of personal shit.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 09, 2009, 01:06:46 AM »
Playing through Link's Awakening DX. In one sitting I got the red clothes (the best defense is a good offense) I went from about 4 or 5 secret seashells to 11 and I got the key to the next dungeon.

vladgd

« Reply #730 on: September 09, 2009, 02:51:29 AM »
in all honesty the game isn't hard enough to need the blue tunic, the red one is the best choice. 

*edit*

you know what

street fighter 4 is a piece of trash

at least in blazblue there's ONE character i can enjoy.  you know how many characters i enjoy playing in the rather good size roster of street fighter 4. 

FUCKING NONE OF THEM

im done playing this pos

i could tolerate the GIGATON SWARMS of akuma players, i could even tolerate the stupidest thing ive seen in a fighting game since the doa counter system (ultra meter), but if there isn't one single character on the roster i go "hmm, i want to work with this character and main him" im not going to play anymore.

EIGHTY FIVE HOURS should be plenty of time for me to find a character i like enough to not switch off to another character every few hours, but apparently fucking not. 

i guess i got my moneys worth out of the game, im just disappointed that im done with it.

i will ONLY EVER play the game again if it's to play with irl bros, or anybody here who wants to give it a go and NOT play their main so i can piss around with other characters.  i mean, i can't possibly go into some random game trying to use gen, it's fucking suicide. 

i mean every character i potentially want to main i just can't see doing.  chun, honda, bison are those characters, and they all have flaws to them that i just can't tolerate.  GEN is fun, but i really need to get a few hours under my belt to get the hang of the guy, and well, im NOT doing that against random people online, id throw a fit of rage. 

so yeah, im done with that game.  fucking apparently sf2 is the only fighter i like, which sucks because i enjoy some variety, and nobody 'round these parts plays sf2.  i mean, blazblue is retarded, and marvel is like blazblue with more infinities and shittier ballance.  not interested in kof, and well, 3d fighters suck.  maby when (im saying when because it's not impossible) darkstalkers is released on xbla ill give that a shot.

or maby i won't find that game, because what i like about sf2 is it's simplicity and the high amount of damage everything does.  it's simple, but there's so much to it that you keep on learning.  i mean, if anybody knows of a game like this (don't fucking say smash bros, ive played it, i have my opinion about it) by all means, let me know.  i should try alpha, though, it won't be what im looking for, fuck, it's new to me.  maby even go old school and try out mortal kombat 2.

till then, i don't know, ill be casually playing sf2 i guess.  i mean, i know i main somebody when i simply DON'T want to play anybody else, or when i do, i go back to said character because he's just too fun to use even after hundreds of hours.  gief's my man, ain't no way ill main anybody else.

tldr- sf2 is the only good fighting game in existence, and it came out 18 years ago

*a look back on the previous tldr*

i think a key issue is missing.  with sf2, for a while anyway, i was playing with an irl friend in person.  we would go online to do some online for achievements but overall we played eachother, and i got my start learning stuff by doing this.  only after that i started playing and enjoying online with my newfound skills at the game, with the head start i got from playing an irl friend, i could sort of hold my own online and thus get better from the online play. 

i haven't done this with any other fighting game (maby a little blazblue, but not really the extent of sf2), and i think that's why i really only like sf2. 

im still not playing random strangers in sf4, but anybody i know irl/online, im game.  i would like to get the hang of sf4, in particular because EVERYBODY in the fighting game scene is playing it, and maby not everybody, but it's the most popular thing out now.

even then, it's still entertaining to watch.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 12:32:52 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 10, 2009, 06:37:58 PM »
I'd agree, SF4s cast is kindah meh. Damn, first L4D and now SF4, current gen games just aren't worth the cash.

Also Sony won the console war.

&feature=channel

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 10, 2009, 09:41:32 PM »
I would massively disagree and say that SF4 is by far the best. And I'd say it's definitely worth every penny. vlad's just crazy/overly picky/wants every game to be SF2 with its retarded priorities that make no sense to me and likes to cry a lot.

To say that "current gen games aren't worth the cash" is really dumb though. Games are worth whatever you put into them.

I managed to get into some weird magic voodoo thing this morning where I fought the #1 Bang player (he's level 88 with over 8000 matches), the #2 Taokaka, and the #3 Litchi. And the #7 Arakune. I actually beat the Arakune and took one round off the Taokaka but man, I was hoping for some easier fights after I had just woken up.

vladgd

« Reply #733 on: September 10, 2009, 09:44:56 PM »
eggman, die in a fire.  the rant wasn't directed towards you.  let me complain.  i apologize for not wanting to pay $60 for bad games.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:52:24 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 10, 2009, 09:57:56 PM »
See? You just get angry all the time. If you post a rant on an open forum, whether it's directed towards someone or not, you should be well aware that someone's probably going to say something for or against it. Besides, if I have to let you complain about some random game, then I get to complain about you or anyone else or anything I can think of and you or they can't say anything against it because hey, they have to let me complain.

And it's not a "bad" game. You're just bad at it. You've been playing for a long time, have made little overall headway in skill past a certain point and you can't cope with it so you call it a terrible game instead of just accepting it and then you get mad because you're taking it too seriously, which is why you say you have more fun against people in real life.