Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 582206 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #735 on: September 10, 2009, 10:03:06 PM »

it's called being mad at the vidya, you heard of it?  when i am frustrated, i bitch and say things out of proportion, this makes me feel better.  you are just taking what i am saying literally.

though i guess me going BLABLABLA and you going "tehehe time to blablabla back with" BLA, BLABLABLA, BLA

and im all BLABLA whatever you say sucks (i hope i at least forced him into a tldr) BLABLA, BLA!

i love the internet.  i ain't fraid to talk back, gives me something to do.  not like i can get banned here anyway (believe me, i tried)

anywho kotor darkside run is going good.

finished kashyyk and tattoine, moving to manaan.  don't quite know, but i take this exact same order each time i play the game.  but lets see, rolling with carth and jolie.  carth is just good on the damage(dual pistols, rapid fire), and jolee is actually quite good at casting darkside powers, not to mention he can cast basically anything without it costing an arm and a leg force wise, being almost neutral and all.  so generally ill open up on groups with insanity to fuck em all over, then spam force lightning, and have jolie spam it as well.  shit dies fast.  sometimes i like throwing around the spell "kill" on smaller groups since its basically like a stun that does 50% of the targets hp over time, it's pretty fucking good.

but yeah, force powers are fun to play with when you can spam them all day and night.

*edit*

friggin two levels until FORCE STOARMMMMMMMM.  uhh finished manaan, and the ship you get abducted from, on korriban.

getting close to dat ending.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:12:06 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2009, 04:17:05 AM »
Just started playing inFamous.  Fun fun fun fun fun game.  That alone makes me glad I bought a PS3.
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 15, 2009, 09:44:58 PM »
Got a rom of Pok

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #738 on: September 15, 2009, 10:31:03 PM »
I've been wasting hours on Mount and Blade. I've got vlad to thank for mentioning it with that review.

Damn fun game.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 16, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »
Just started playing inFamous.  Fun fun fun fun fun game.  That alone makes me glad I bought a PS3.

That game looks criminally underrated, then again it is on dat triple.

I would massively disagree and say that SF4 is by far the best. And I'd say it's definitely worth every penny. vlad's just crazy/overly picky/wants every game to be SF2 with its retarded priorities that make no sense to me and likes to cry a lot.

Whoa whoa whao, I wouldn't call SF4 the best fighting game made, it still has problems of its own (the ultra system is kinda dumb, overall speed of the game is slow then the last installment) but it's still good.

Also I've got Devil May Cry 4 and Star wars battlefront (I'm hoping it's BF2, but it looks like 1) so those should keep me happy until Borderlands reaches me.

Oh yeah, and I'm still lazy with my roms.

vladgd

« Reply #740 on: September 16, 2009, 06:00:41 PM »
I've been wasting hours on Mount and Blade. I've got vlad to thank for mentioning it with that review.

Damn fun game.

if you got the knowhow to start out in that game, id appreciate some advice.  i mean they kind of throw you into the game morrowind style "hey there's a ton of shit to do AND WE ARENT TELLING YOU HOW TO DO ANY OF IT", making starting out, even character creation kind of hard.

anywho, the banjo-kazooie play session thing at my bros is finished as he beat it 100%...meaning i start (ie continue) tooie.

gotta say, frustrating parts aside, im enjoying tooie.  im at like 49 jiggies thus far, access to all of the levels, and im really digging the level interconectivity of the thing.  example in terydactyl land, theres this dinosaur that needs water.  simple...right?  well that's like level "5", what you need to do to finish that is go to level "8" which is located in the clouds, and break the plug for this airborn body of water which happens to be in front of the dry pool the dinosaur is at.  i don't know, i would also consider that a flaw if you keep trying to figure that quest out in the level you get it.  but im using an expert gamer from like 2001 to help me out through the tough spots (you will be aimlessly running around from time to time without some guidence) so it isn't too relevant, and im having a good time.  also i have like 13 hours into the game...and i beat the previous game (without a guide or any bs) with 11 hours at 100% items...if that says anything on how nonlinear/EFFING HUGE THE LEVELS ARE. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 16, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »
I really need to play those, I fucking loved Spyro.

Also it's BF one, and I'm kinda hummed because I really like BF2 better but it's still a good game. The PC version seems a shit ton better to, what with snipers being useful (more then likely broken now) as compared to the absolute uselessness of the snipers in BF2. Still I want my amazingly overpowered engineers that were in BF2. They had health and ammo packs that could feed themselves, a shotgun that could drop a jedi if you were smart with it, and a blow torch that could hijack vehicles faster then you could take them out with other vehicles.

Oh my god, I just realized how amazing a Warhammer 40K game based on the style of Star Wars Battlefront with space combat would be.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:40:17 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #742 on: September 16, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »
if you got the knowhow to start out in that game, id appreciate some advice.  i mean they kind of throw you into the game morrowind style "hey there's a ton of shit to do AND WE ARENT TELLING YOU HOW TO DO ANY OF IT", making starting out, even character creation kind of hard.

My first suggestion: you can go through the game 2 main ways, killing everything in sight, or making money by trading and shit, and running the fuck away except when necessary (you can get EXP for helping towns out and shit).

The first way is VASTLY easier.

you need to be relatively good at fighting, because unless you select a certain thing in the character creation, you usually don't have much money to start out. And enemies rarely come in groups of less than 5 or so.

Try to never fight dismounted. your horse does damage by charging enemies, gives you a speed advantage, absorbs a lot of damage, and lets you hit the enemy before they can hit you.

Archers are your worst enemy. They can do some good damage to you, so if you see a group of archers early game and you don't have many people, you might want to try to avoid them.

The path finding skill is REALLY USEFUL. It gives a small boost in movement speed, which can sometimes mean the difference between running away from a fucking huge army (like, 150 men to your, say, 20) and getting seriously mangled in battle.

Making money is a bit hard at first. But there are certain trade routes you can figure out (it helps when you have a hero in your party who talks about their homeland when you get near it, if you pay attention you can sometimes learn about what things are usually cheap there and such.) You should take advantage of those whenever possible at the beginning, because winning battles initially doesn't make much money and most of the low level equipment sells for fuck all. That's where the loot skill comes in handy. That (as far as I can tell) increases the level of the items you loot off enemies (right now I'm looting armor that has like, 20 body def + 7 leg def, helms with like, 30+ def, and various weapons and shields and crap).

Also, if you talk to a king, you can ask them to basically give you a contract of service and join in their war efforts. When you do that, you are required to respond to any summons quickly, raise troops occasionally, and in general follow orders from the king (few and far between) and can participate in battles against whoever they are at war with. It's a lot easier to win battles when your fighting a lord with say, 50+ troops and you've only got 25 or 30, when a friendly lord with like, 50 or 70 or whatever troops joins in. And you can make some damn good cash/get some good loot that way.

My main character is level 20 now, and has like, 30+ party members, something like 10 of which are heroes (hired in taverns, sometimes for a fee ranging from 100 to like, 300 or 400 dinars).

Heroes can't be killed, but if you are captured and they don't like things, they'll leave, or you may escape without them.

Some heroes don't get along well. For example, having a bunch of warrior types in your party and recruiting the trader hero may end up with the trader leaving if you don't manage things well. Basically, every hero has their likes and dislikes.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #743 on: September 16, 2009, 11:15:12 PM »
im still hesitant into buying the game (i mean, im going to buy this sonbitch come expansion time) now due to the expansion, and $50 for aion..., but a matter of piddling around with the demo some more may change my mind.  

also come expansion, we need to get hella people from here to jump on for the multiplayer.  shit looks awesome.

*edit*

banjo-tooie

canary mary, level 8

if i can't find a way to get on the thingy without using an analog stick...i may be screwed.  because without the turbo function from my arcade stick, i don't believe i can complete this.  

seriously, you need to hit buttons FAST, this coming from somebody who can score 121 on that "hit the 0 button on the numpad as fast as you can in 10 seconds", this shit isn't fucking around.  it's one of those "be a GODLY button presser or use turbo to get this jiggy".

what im going to try later is positioning myself in such a way where if i drop a clockwork egg behind me and explode it, it propels me onto the clockwork mouse i need to ride...if i can do that i should be fine.  basically position myself, switch controllers...explode egg...hopefully do this.

*edit*

well that plan basically worked, yay! my arm is saved!

seriously though, i could probably do it on the n64 buttons, but NO WAY IN HELL ON THE 360's buttons GODDDDDddddddd, those buttons are not meant to be pressed at a consistent rate of 10+ times a second for 30-40 seconds straight. 

funny thing about that, i don't feel dirty about doing it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 05:24:56 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 17, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »
I swear I get a head ache every time I play SF4. I just can't love a game where my Ultra has the same exact input of a charge move, how in the hell is the game supposed to determine which input I'm even doing? Also what kind of programmer thought that would even be a remotly good idea. Not to mention the input for the game are already a bit fussy.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #745 on: September 18, 2009, 08:21:45 AM »
I swear I get a head ache every time I play SF4. I just can't love a game where my Ultra has the same exact input of a charge move, how in the hell is the game supposed to determine which input I'm even doing? Also what kind of programmer thought that would even be a remotly good idea. Not to mention the input for the game are already a bit fussy.

It probably wasn't a programmer's idea. I'll bet whoever programmed that bitched bout it a lot, because that is really stupid.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 18, 2009, 02:45:35 PM »
It's not really stupid at all and it's been that way since SSF2Turbo. In fact, using the first half of a charge super/ultra to buffer in a sonic boom or something into the super/ultra has been a tactic for a long time. Or if you're talking about it not registering all 3 punches/kicks and instead doing one, then that pretty much never happens because you just assign a button to be all 3 together. The game figures out the input just fine.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 18, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »
The game figures out the input just fine.

No. Also what are you talking about? I do the two QCFs and then the button I have mapped to 3 punches and I still get a charge move off despite having full ultra. That's one of the big reasons I like Akuma, I never accidentally do a shortcut because his ultra and super inputs are different.

It's like I need to do the input slower to get an ultra, but I never have the luxury of time when trying to land one.

vladgd

« Reply #748 on: September 20, 2009, 05:42:49 AM »
what are you talking about, as far as i know, NO charge characters have a double qcf motion for ultra.  also, 3 button macro? why?  just hit all 3 buttons at the same time, you get used to it after a little while.  my only issue with the charge ultra is bison, because for some fucking reason, charge back, forward, back, forward means an srk motion to teleport 50% of the time. 

trying new characters in...anything is hard for me.  i get my ass kicked, end up fighting the game guy, pick my MAIN and work his ass with him.  funny, i tried bison, got dominated since i suck with sf2 bison, then i fight a bison a few matches later....FUCK A GOOD BISON IS FUCKING SCAREY, that is all. 

what was my point...uhh, i need to learn to force myself to stick with characters im trying to work on.  i mean, i know my gief pretty well, i don't know honda...but unless im fighting better than average people i still win anyway with him and i have a hard time learning new tricks...which i don't need against most people.  my hawk needs work, but im still fairly solid with him.  pretty much im working on chun, and dhalsim.  maby later, some bison, but ill have to look for some bnb combos with him first. 

so yeah, that.  and if anybody wants to play some sf4, ill be game, im pretty much done with random online matches in that game (i haven't played since my sf4 rage post), but ill play people i know on the internets, MABY EVEN TALK ABOUT THE MATCHES AND "gasp" GET BETTER AT THE GAME!  but i doubt that will happen, anyway if we do, ill most likley work on who i was best with previously, chun, with some honda.  but i would like to master chun, i somewhat understand how she works...i just need to get past her flaws.  i mean, i hate it, but, i want in on the scene, and i know i can like it when i can grasp a character. 

i think that's about it, still, using somebody like dhalsim, getting worked, switching to gief and EFFORTLESSLY(well...maby not, but still i can hold my own pretty well) winning is kind of why i keep on with my gief.  that's kind of what i want with sf4, somebody who is too fun to play to want to use anybody else.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 20, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »
played a lot of Distorted last night
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/