Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 587731 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #750 on: September 20, 2009, 07:36:37 PM »
I'm not talking about the charge moves, I meant to say the EX moves. That and 3 punch and 3 kick come mapped to a button automatically, and trying to hit said set of buttons on a controller is awkward as all hell.

Also speaking of SF4 I have 212 fights and 28 wins, I'm so damn pro. I'm not sure why, but I just don't like SF4 anymore. When I first got into it I was having a ton of fun but half of my time online is just me getting frustrated and losing.

Maybe I should just get back to Abel, I actually did decent with him today.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 11:52:36 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 24, 2009, 12:16:30 AM »
Oh lol, wrong thread.

but yeah, just beat the mine cart with ants thing in Brave Fencer Musashi after a few tries, and prior to that I beat the second steamwood incident on my first try. Kinda sad considering I died at least 10 times on each of these as a kid.

Also I got enough secret seashells to unlock the new sword, so wasn't worth it considering how much better the red tunic is and it was a LOT easier to get.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:27:25 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #752 on: September 26, 2009, 03:24:45 AM »
im starting to pick up sf2 chun.  frankly, she's aight, i like her.  zangief is fucking amazing, but i feel when i fight a skilled player who can keep zangief out, i realize why he is low tier.  when you can't get in, you can't get in.  when you can't get in, you can't do damage.  when you can't do damage, you lose.  especially against akuma, a decent akuma will beat my gief 10 times out of 10.  im still maining sf2 gief, but hey, if i can start getting good with chun, i can hopefully stand up to the skilled players who can lock down my gief.

maby...maby even pick up sf4 chun again....maby...

but sf4 gief, lolno, way too many akuma players out there to make gief worth using.  

*edit*

for sf2, i can't not main gief, no matter what.  times when i have the fucker in a corner and magnificently get a super after a green hand make my fucking day.  sure, it's me spinning the stick around like a two year old on speed, but it's when i get the practice to not randomly do that gives me the drive to keep on playing.  also empty knee(his jumping knee move, only land before them without hitting them) into spd, or hop (but not hitting them with the hop) into spd, that shit is just fun to land.  the former for fireball characters, and the latter is easier on non fireball characters, but less useful overall.  it can still catch people off guard.

still, im enjoying sf2 chun.  and learning a character that you can kind of feel your way around and still win games with is pretty fun.  though what's not fun is beating people just by the following

jumping short into hundred legs (i forgot the name) OVERANDOVERANDOVVER

seriously, yeah, play to win, i have won quite a few games by doing this.  here's the thing, i want those people to counter that and force me to do something else so i can learn chun.  any asshole can jump in with a short kick and do legs after that over and over, it's when they counter that which forces me to vary up my game.  and yes, i would rather lose the game with a close match than win an easy one.  that's why the game is fun, when you are reading your opponent and outsmarting them, it feels pretty good to win.  i guess beating nubs is fine, but when you beat somebody on par with you, it's why i keep on playing.

but whatever, ive seen people throw me before i can land legs, or just fucking do any reversal, so it can't be that hard to get out of.  

ive probably said all of this stuff before, but im me, and y'all know that. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 06:49:11 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 27, 2009, 04:59:03 PM »

I don't know if you've seen this vlad but you'll enjoy at least the first two rounds I think.

I played through Batman: Arkham Asylum and then Wolverine. I think I'm all pow-wow'd out as far as superhero games go.

vladgd

« Reply #754 on: September 27, 2009, 05:56:55 PM »
yeah ive seen it.  but it's a good one, i mean, the best t-hawk vs the best zangief.  hawk was i think more dangerous up close than gief was back then due to him not having a whif animation for his 360 throw.  now they added a whif animation, so he doesn't have a retardedly hard tick throw thing to get out of.

4:12

vladgd

« Reply #755 on: September 28, 2009, 08:35:22 PM »
this warrants double post

i guess my zangief irritates some people. this fellow left my game after i had won, i sent him a message reading "take it like a man" and i get this.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/681/img1458.jpg

i put on my mic to explain how funny that message was....and oddly enough i get this

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9757/img1459.jpg

welcome to xbox live?

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 28, 2009, 09:09:40 PM »
The best hate message I've ever gotten was

"i pounded u so hard ur pussy drips with defeat"

I am not kidding. That is actually the real message. And I won.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #757 on: September 29, 2009, 12:02:24 AM »
this warrants double post

i guess my zangief irritates some people. this fellow left my game after i had won, i sent him a message reading "take it like a man" and i get this.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/681/img1458.jpg

i put on my mic to explain how funny that message was....and oddly enough i get this

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9757/img1459.jpg

welcome to xbox live?

lol, well, you could send both of those as evidence while reporting him.
The best hate message I've ever gotten was

I am not kidding. That is actually the real message. And I won.

I think that is quite possibly the best ironic insult attempt I've ever seen.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 29, 2009, 04:41:10 AM »

That's erotic.

Also I'm starting love Gen and Rufus, plus I'm picking Abel back up. Sucks my internet is starting to shit out on me.

What the fuck, I ALWAYS lose to human players, it's like I go halfway retarded when I know it's an actual person.

Oh yeah, and I hit a Dan with an aerial fireball as Akuma, then went into raging demon, and I PUSHED him while he was stunned. Like we BOTH literally slid a few feet across the ground. What the fuck is this shit.

Fucking A I just lagged an entire round and got poked to death by a Vega. Probably going to uninstall, it just seems the online in the game is worse then 2DF and GG reloaded online (both of which are free) and a lot of the easy to do things in the game (spam projectiles and high priority attacks) are either hard to counter online or are countered by doing the same thing in return.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 11:14:17 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 30, 2009, 02:21:41 AM »
OMG JESUS CHRIST

ESP Ra.De. is ridiculous guyz. I don't normally play these kinds of games, but it's addicting and difficult :( i can see the appeal completely. very interesting
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #760 on: September 30, 2009, 06:00:42 AM »
So, thanks to someone posting that SS of GGXX#RELOAD I've started playing. First time playing any of the GG games. I'm playing primarily as Eddie and as Bridget (lol). Unfortunately, playing on a computer keyboard makes it damn hard to get the timing right for most moves, and I'm kinda terrible at fighters as it is. One question: How the fuck do you survive I-no? Once she gets off that special with the warning shit in the background, I'm dead. And there's no way I can even hit her 3/4 of the time. (I've put the game to Easy for now, because that's the only way I get all the way to I-no, and the last couple fights are still hard as fuck.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 30, 2009, 09:20:22 AM »
You can't touch her or go behind her during the move or it just hits you and rapes you. As soon as she does the wave, move to where the path of the wave doesn't hit, and then follow along as the wave moves when she fires it. If she does the full forward wave that covers the screen, get very close to her and time a double jump just as she fires it and you'll go over it. If you're about to die, don't hesitate to use an Instant Kill on here.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #762 on: September 30, 2009, 10:37:16 AM »
lol, as if I could actually manage an instant kill. I've done it once so far.... In training. I'm still more or less at the "mash buttons and manage to occasionally do something useful" stage. Using a keyboard makes it hard to properly do moves, thanks to the fact that I tend to hold 2 directions when I'm doing a rotation of any sort. Using a thumb or a joystick makes it much easier to manage those.

But yeah, this game is definitely going to take some time before I can say I'm even remotely decent :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 30, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can't use an instant kill on I-No. All you can do is pull of combo stings until she decides to jump away and do her boss attack.

Also I want to get into some shumps now, but I'm horrible at them. I'm even bad at Einhander.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 30, 2009, 04:29:52 PM »
Nah, I've done it a few times. Or at least you could in XX. I've never really played Reload. She just doesn't fall for it too often. But hey, if you've got nothing left to lose, you might as well do it. I remember she fell for Millia's a lot.