Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567985 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #765 on: September 30, 2009, 04:34:54 PM »
Argh, even on easy she's insanely difficult for me :/ I can dodge the wave thing easy enough, but the full screen one still gets me. Maybe as eddie I could do his flying thing to stay in the air long enough, but as anyone else I can't time the jump so that I'm in the air when it happens. And then I get raped.

Also, what do they need to do to fall for it? Attack you? (yeah, I'm REALLY new to the GG games, as in this is the first time I've played any GG game, ever.)

Also, why the hell is Millia so fucking hard? It seems to me like she's faster than practically everyone, AND does more damage than she has any right to... At least, it feels like that to me when I'm fighting her.

I've managed to drastically improve, thanks to both this move list, as well as simply playing it a bunch. Of course, I'm still really sketchy on actually executing moves I want, but I guess a lot of that is simply practice anyway. I've managed a couple more instant kills though.

Also, I use also too much :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 30, 2009, 05:19:54 PM »
Yeah, you pretty much need to mash it out when she dashes in at you or air-dash into it because IK's have pretty high priority. That's for point blank ones though.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #767 on: September 30, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »
Well, I've only ever done eddie's, lol, so I don't really know which ones are point blank and such, but I know his is (I had someone not call for it once and lost the match because I was sitting there going "what the fuck just happened?")

But yeah, my question about why millia feels overpowered still stands... What is it about her that would make her so hard for me?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #768 on: September 30, 2009, 07:48:09 PM »
ok, i have a hankerin for a jrpg.  problem, finding one i want to play.  basically, i really only play the final fantasy games, with some pokemon, and the original dragon warrior monsters.

x-2- working on it, kind of lost interest but ill probably come back later
12- yeah, see above
dragon quest monsters joker- own it, got really far because a friend traded me a powerful monster.  just say, without that monster i would have gotten bored before the first boss.
pokemon pearl- been there done that, not as good gen1/2
anything currently on the 360- im not interested, you may call said games awesome, i don't care, im not interested. 
old ps1 games- i am interested, but, cost is a factor.  i mean, i looked up vagrant story and well...im not paying that much money for a game that isn't in my top 5 list.  especially one i haven't played.

this kind of leaves the ds.  so i guess ill list off a few.
final fantasy 3 and 4- couldn't tell you, i reckon i could play them, how do they stack up to what ive beaten (1,5,7,8,9,10)
dragon quest 9- it's not out, and im not learning japanese to import it
yeah i guess that's all

and well i guess psp which ff1-2 remakes.  if 1 is any good i may get it, but 2 is like an abomination.  also, not interested in star ocean. 

so yeah, it would be nice to get sucked into a jrpg for once, last one for me was ff9...and that happened a LOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg time ago.

actually that's a lie, final fantasy 5.  but it wasn't until 6 months after getting the game where i attempted and succeeded into getting into that game.  and that was over a year ago.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 30, 2009, 08:25:50 PM »
old ps1 games- i am interested, but, cost is a factor.  i mean, i looked up vagrant story and well...im not paying that much money for a game that isn't in my top 5 list.  especially one i haven't played.

Go download an emulator and get drivers for you 360 controller.

But yeah, my question about why millia feels overpowered still stands... What is it about her that would make her so hard for me?

She's the second fastest character in the game, and I think Eddie has some relatively slow attacks making him open for her.

Nah, I've done it a few times. Or at least you could in XX. I've never really played Reload. She just doesn't fall for it too often. But hey, if you've got nothing left to lose, you might as well do it. I remember she fell for Millia's a lot.

I know in AC you can't and I'm almost sure the same is true for Reloaded.

Also for I-No, if you get hit by her boss attack make sure to use the force block (two attack buttons + block, a green ring will circle you) and it will transfer the chip damage over to your tension bar. She'll do something like half damage if you just block.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 30, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »
PLAY ESP RA DE
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 30, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »
ok, i have a hankerin for a jrpg.  problem, finding one i want to play.  basically, i really only play the final fantasy games, with some pokemon, and the original dragon warrior monsters.

x-2- working on it, kind of lost interest but ill probably come back later
12- yeah, see above
dragon quest monsters joker- own it, got really far because a friend traded me a powerful monster.  just say, without that monster i would have gotten bored before the first boss.
pokemon pearl- been there done that, not as good gen1/2
anything currently on the 360- im not interested, you may call said games awesome, i don't care, im not interested. 

this kind of leaves the ds.  so i guess ill list off a few.
final fantasy 3 and 4- couldn't tell you, i reckon i could play them, how do they stack up to what ive beaten (1,5,7,8,9,10)
dragon quest 9- it's not out, and im not learning japanese to import it
yeah i guess that's all

and well i guess psp which ff1-2 remakes.  if 1 is any good i may get it, but 2 is like an abomination.  also, not interested in star ocean. 

so yeah, it would be nice to get sucked into a jrpg for once, last one for me was ff9...and that happened a LOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg time ago.

actually that's a lie, final fantasy 5.  but it wasn't until 6 months after getting the game where i attempted and succeeded into getting into that game.  and that was over a year ago.

FF1 is really hard to play these days.

Between FF3 and FF4, FF4 by FAR. 3 really isn't all that great. 4 stacks up pretty well and looks great for a DS game.

Get an emulator and play Vagrant Story. Just don't be a bitch because that game will kick your ass.

vladgd

« Reply #772 on: September 30, 2009, 09:33:46 PM »
i believe 5 kicked my ass, and i got through it at level 40.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 30, 2009, 09:43:39 PM »
Vagrant Story is a very mean game sometimes. Unless you find weapon skills that I don't remember. It's an extremely interesting game though. The story has really no good or evil side.

FF4DS is actually pretty hard too. They definitely made it at least as hard as the Japanese original version (so-called Hard Type).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #774 on: October 01, 2009, 07:50:55 AM »
She's the second fastest character in the game, and I think Eddie has some relatively slow attacks making him open for her.

Even with Bridget she's damn hard for me. I mean, most characters have something about them that can make them annoying, but she just feels like everything is stacked against me, lol.

Also for I-No, if you get hit by her boss attack make sure to use the force block (two attack buttons + block, a green ring will circle you) and it will transfer the chip damage over to your tension bar. She'll do something like half damage if you just block.

I always forget to do that, lol.

Also, why does the screen turn red, like I'm about to do a crazy combo every time I hit someone with may's dust and jump up in the air to hit them? I'm kinda assuming that it means you have some totally badass attack ready, but other than that, I've got no idea.

EDIT: Dizzy = rape. Seriously. In training, I managed to get an 8 hit combo doing about 150 damage... I think that's quite a bit better than I am with most others. Still not amazing, but I'd say it's not bad for a beginner. Plus, aside form some of her ridiculously hard moves (Gamma Ray anyone?) she's pretty easy to use.

Edit2: Dizzy VS Dizzy.... Fucking fun. And absolute insanity.

I've gotten to the point where I can at least do some moves with each character (well, the ones I've played). Maybe not always doing what I want, or pulling something off, but I've definitely improved a bit. Unfortunately, I still really can't decide who I'd like to be my main. I know who I don't really like so much, but either way, I'm unable to pick a main or anything. Depending on who I'm up against, I might prefer a specific character, but mainly I don't have much preference :/

And yes, this is the first time I'm seriously trying to do good in a fighter. I've played SC games and such, but none of them really seriously.

Edit3: Oh god, I'm becoming vlad :/

So, I've managed to get a 12 hit combo out of dizzy, in training.... Managed to toss a qcf+S, jumped, combo'd them in air, dropped to the ground, and tossed another qcf+S. I was hoping to hit them on their way down again, but I guess there was too much recovery, and it's not RC, or FRC-able (not that I can pull that off yet anyway).

Too bad it was only a 130 dmg combo :/ Before that one I think I had a 9 hit combo that did 145.

Fake edit: just managed a 16 hit combo, lol. Too bad it was still only 138 dmg.... I should really be working on increasing the damage, not the hit counter.

Yet another edit: I've managed to do the odd RC... Too bad I haven't been able to actually combo with them.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 07:13:44 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 01, 2009, 10:12:19 PM »
If you want to work on damage, I would recommend looking at dustloop.com and finding some combos. Combo damage really depends on the two types of proration (initial and I can't remember the other). Basically, if a move has initial proration of 80%, the first move will do full damage and then every move after that will do 80% of its actual. I can't remember how the other kind works.

I can't really figure out what to play. I'm playing Mario & Luigi 3 and it's awesome, but console-wise, I've got nothing. A little Mercenaries 2 here and there but it's not holding my attention super well.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 01, 2009, 10:20:28 PM »
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 01, 2009, 10:57:29 PM »
It's kinda a dry spell for consoles right about now. Hell they only recent thing I can think of for PC is that STALKER mod.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #778 on: October 03, 2009, 01:03:28 AM »
(sorta) necro'd:

i guess my zangief irritates some people. this fellow left my game after i had won, i sent him a message reading "take it like a man" and i get this.

Yes, welcome to Xbox Live.  And welcome to the new wave of gamers.

Seriously, gamers nowadays are such fucking pussies.  When I was in the age bracket that these Xbox fags are in, nobody that I knew would dream of disconnecting in mid-game regardless of how badly we're losing.  Now, my friend tells me that people he plays with on XBL constantly disconnect when things don't go their way.  Indeed, when I used to play R6:Vegas I ran into that as well -- get the intel too early on attack and defend and half of the defending team leaves.

Grow a goddamn spine, you fucking brats, and learn from your defeat.  That's the only way to become a better player.

</rant>
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #779 on: October 03, 2009, 02:40:02 AM »
Completely agreed, though honestly, I will likely leave if it's beyond 1 sided. If I'm severely outclassed to the point where playing is an exercise in futility, why continue? I'd send them a message saying something like "well, there wasn't even a remote chance of winning there" or something, when I leave. I don't usually ragequit unless someone is doing something stupid, like just abusing 1 or 2 moves over and over. In all honesty, I'd likely ragequit against vlad, seeing how his geif plays, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x