Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567595 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #780 on: October 03, 2009, 03:35:04 AM »
Agree'd. Unless I'm just plain pissed and I'm going to stop playing, I'll get off. Then again I never quit mid game in a fighting game, but I might leave a game server prior to the game ending.

Also I'm on the hunt for a new game to play. Still kinda working on getting DMC4 working, which I suppose I should do first. Oh yeah, and Link's Awakening DX is shockingly hard. Well not exactly hard but the dungeons require a bit of thought and just plain trail and error.

Also as of now I've beaten Crysis. Had the game since I built this PC, and I got pissed at the zero G part, but I finally did it. Decent enough game, the end enemies seemed like something out of Metroid Prime, but they seemed to pull it off nicely.

I just which it had more guns, and it should have introduced the gause canon earlier.

Oh yeah, and more nano suit guys to fight. Hell, get riod of the whole Zero g and squishy aliens and give me more nano suit guys and big and small guys and I would have liked it a lot more.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:41:59 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #781 on: October 03, 2009, 03:40:42 AM »
I can definitely understand quitting if the game just gets stupid, but kids nowadays literally quit if the tiniest thing happens to them.  They only way they stay in the game is if they dominate the other player, which is just completely and utterly stupid.

I guess it's really what separates the good players from the bad.  More on this in the WoW thread... <3 anecdotes. the appropriate thread.  Damn, I'm good at going off on tangents.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 04:14:29 AM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #782 on: October 03, 2009, 03:54:42 AM »
In all honesty, I'd likely ragequit against vlad, seeing how his geif plays, lol.

you should see my honda...when i upload this 3-2 close match against a random guile.  some days, i like honda more than gief, others, the other way around.  i reckon i main both.

really i rage when i am losing to somebody using the same predictable shit over and over...and im getting hit by it over and over.  it isn't their fault, it's my own for not being skilled enough to counter something so easy.  like sometimes ken can spam srk all fucking day, and i can't counter throw for the life of me because the light punch version recovers so goddamn fast my timing has to be down.  or bison, keeping my gief at bay with st forward/roundhouse.  is it much skill for him to do that?  no.  does he know that i have almost nothing to get in on him when he does that?  yes.  it's valid, but frustrating.  but i mean, i can't learn if people don't play to win.  id rather get my ass kicked and learn something over beat down a generic flowchart ken...again. 

guess uhh im playing street fighter.  i should be working on my tick throws and throw traps and shit, but for the moment im working on getting my reversal throws down.  especially with honda, because i fucking love doing reversal ochio throw.  more motivation to upload that honda v guile video, ill have it by tomorrow. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 03, 2009, 01:26:06 PM »
Yeah, you get a loooooot of rage quitters in BlazBlue. It's nice that the leaderboards for it actually mark their gamertags in red to show who disconnects the most. There are people who just refuse to play against Arakune and it's really sad. It shows the matchup and they just quit out. And then I've had people that get cursed by Arakune in the first attack and they just quit. Or I jump and catch them in some combo, quit. The current generation really is just a bunch of pussies.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #784 on: October 03, 2009, 05:02:51 PM »
Man, I really want to try BlazBlue. I'm usually not one for getting too heavily into fighting games, but GG is awesome, and I've heard lots of good things about BlazBlue... Too bad I don't have a PS3 or 360 :/

Edit: Chipp is fun, too bad Ky completely owned me :/ I can tell I'm always gonna have trouble fighting Ky with Chipp.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:05:37 PM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 04, 2009, 07:21:45 PM »
I started playing the new Bionic Commando game for 360. I cannot figure out why this game got such low reviews. Oh no, you can't just free-roam around wherever and if you go out of bounds, you get killed by radiation. Who cares? It's all easily marked with a purple mist starting wherever you shouldn't be and if you follow the map to your next objective, you should never be swinging into a radiation zone anyway. Unless you screw up a swing and throw yourself into a pit but that'd be the player's fault.

It's really fun to swing super fast across the city, fling yourself up and over the top of a building, land on the roof and then deck a sniper who has no idea you're there.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 07, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »
Nearing the end of Link's Awakening, and I picked up Yoshi's Island again and I'll probably get around to beating Skull Monkeys despite it being dick smashingly hard.

Oh, and I came across this interesting glitch while in Crysis, and prior to seeing it a solider would scream "THIS IS FUCKED UP".

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #787 on: October 07, 2009, 03:49:02 PM »
I fucking hate baiken.

That is all.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 07, 2009, 07:47:22 PM »
Dem Floor mats getting to you, huh?

Also Kirby 64 looks AMAZING. Maybe it's just my emulator, but this definitely puts most PS one games to shame.

Bah, fuck TF2. I was trying to get better at making pipe bomb body shots (killed a scout in 2 hits, I love how the first hit knocked him slightly into the air and caused my second shot to land) and I'd always end up hitting a pipe or two and then I'd just get run over. Hell, I had a Sniper running back and forth on a platform and I nailed him with a pipe and he still just headshotted me with his huntsman.

Also I feel like I'm getting worse at GG. My Slayer combos are dumb sloppy and I don't understand any of the fighter jargon that's on Dustloop forums, plus there's no real tutorial videos for anyone I'm playing.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:54:10 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #789 on: October 07, 2009, 11:46:45 PM »
Dem Floor mats getting to you, huh?

Nah, those are mildly irritating at best. I'm playing as dizzie a lot now, and I can't get a fucking hit in on her. Her defensive play is amazing, considering that's what she's designed for. I never fight her as one of the easier AI opponents in arcade. Combine that with the fact that dizzie's not all that fast, and you've got a recipe for disaster for me. It just feels like baiken's faster, got more priority, and controls the level far better than me :/ It doesn't help that dizzie's overdrives are still DAMN hard for me. I could literally move the entire screen away, and repeat the instructions for Gamma Ray 10 times, and still not get it, and then get my ass kicked, once baiken gets over to my side again.

I'm not sure what I need to change in my gameplay to adjust for her, but I have a suspicion it involves controlling the stage and keeping distance... Which I'm terrible at.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 08, 2009, 12:58:41 AM »
OH MY GOD  why are manic shooters so damn addicting? and why has it taken this long for me to see the appeal. haha.

gonna play sum iidex now kthx
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 09, 2009, 03:06:32 AM »
Picked up D2 again on a private server and got to act 4 within half of a day. The game is massively hectic when you have people who play and you don't damn thing past act 2 and they're beating everything instantly.

Fucking hell, I can't get my acquired version of Dues Ex or Devil May Cry 4 to work, HALP.

Deus Ex says it cannot find "\system\OpenGlDrv.dll" and I installed DMC4 and whenever I try and run it it just gives me a black screen.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:44:07 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #792 on: October 14, 2009, 07:53:22 AM »
im uhh going to give sf4 another crack.

bison all the way this time, no pussyfooting with other characters, just bison.  going to put forth some effort into learning some basic combos and whatnot.  also, no getting careless with ultra, im pretty sure you can only combo into ultra with his j strong command normal(two medium punches).  it's funny, i used bison the most throughout the entirety of the 90 hours i put into the game. 

pictures because i have a camera and i like using it

character usage

and the reason i bitch about blanka

also ill try using "Embed thumbnails of this image" in imageshack more often.  saves me typing the html tags, and well, no HUEG IMAGES for those of you with smaller monitors/browsing mobile or whatnot.  i would have used it earlier, but nobody told me about it and i was pretty content with posting huge images since nobody complained.

i have a 39% winrate by the way with around 1200 games played over 90 hours.  not very impressive.  but i haven't really gotten to a point to where im really comfortable playing yet, not real worried about it. 

K-Mann

« Reply #793 on: October 14, 2009, 07:19:36 PM »
Picked up ODST if anybody wants to chill.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 14, 2009, 10:32:30 PM »
I swear, every time I play a Legend of Zelda game I over think a puzzle and it takes me forever to do it.

Either way, almost done with Link's Awakening and Megaman Zero 2 is forcing me to use save states.

Megaman Zero 2 is DONE, probably going to get the third game soon, it was damn good.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:48:23 PM by MortifiedocAlot »