Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 586978 times)

K-Mann

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #795 on: October 19, 2009, 08:26:55 PM »
I'm probably getting Borderlands tomorrow. I am really excited, it looks great.

vladgd

« Reply #796 on: October 19, 2009, 09:59:30 PM »
i like never work tuesdays...and i work tomorrow.  kind of gay, but me getting borderlands depends on amazon shipping.  so i may play it, i may have to wait a bit. 

and again i guess i only work a 4 hour shift (5pm-9pm) so whatever, pretty easy. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 19, 2009, 11:09:27 PM »
I finally completed getting all of the stars in Mario Galaxy. I had 10 left for the longest time. And now I can play as Luigi. So cool. The game never fails to make me smile.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 19, 2009, 11:14:48 PM »
Hah, and I felt bad for not getting all of them with Luigi.

Also I'm god awful at RTS games. I was doing good in Dawn of War and controlling just over half of the map, then the enemy kept hitting me with airstrikes and their set up turrets (hate the imperial guard) and all my guys get mowed down by their massive numbers.

Ugh, I used to be decent at this game but I stopped playing for a while and now I can't ever win against a normal enemy.

Link's Awakening is now done. Damn good game, and surprisingly hard for a Zelda game.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:24:31 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2009, 03:51:22 AM »

yeah, i kind of fucking suck at this game.  i played about 30 or so games today...won MABY two.  no joke, two, maby, i know i won one, the second one may not have happened. 

i keep trying to do bison's links and well, LAWL MASH DRAGON PUNCH(you know, since the only character in the game is ryu) and im dead.  i don't know if it's the internet lag, or my timing is off, but it's pretty frustrating.  serves me right for not being into fighting games years ago else i would have the basics down by now i guess.

uhh and bison IS my main.  i can't play anybody else (i don't like how turtley honda/chun are, and you know my opinion on gief) so this is my man. 

but i guess i had some good games with this cammy player, id always get dped out of my shit, and i lost pretty much all but one (my only win) of the games, but they were close for the most part.  im fine with close games, but when some random gosu ryu joins my game FADC ULTRA OLOLOL YOU DIE i just kick him, because i can't learn how to get better when i literally get double perfected over and over. 

tldr = mortified, get a 360 and lets play.  newf, quit using blanka and lets play.  me, quit going back to sf2 to feel like i don't totally suck and keep on trucking at sf4. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 21, 2009, 04:11:48 AM »

You now know exactly how bad I am at SF4. That and I was playing GG on the reloaded server and loving it, too bad their jackass to fun people ratio is like 2/5 (with a tiny community it makes a difference).

Still, I plan on picking up SF4 again and getting better with Abel, Akuma, Rufus and Maybe Gen.

vladgd

« Reply #801 on: October 21, 2009, 04:17:26 AM »
how is it that you have half my time played, but only 200 fights when i would have 700 fights at around your time?

though i admit i only recently started using training mode, maby i should further practice dem bison bnb combos until i get em down to 70% plus success rate. 

also like gen is awesome, i may have to put in some time with him on the side. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 21, 2009, 04:22:28 AM »
I don't play that much online, and I'm assuming that's only online fights data.

I also went though a phase where I wanted to try a bunch of new characters, so I played Arcade a lot.

vladgd

« Reply #803 on: October 21, 2009, 04:27:08 AM »
i guess that makes since since i really only play against random online people.  would be nice to have somebody to talk to as im getting destroyed, so i typically don't play as long as i otherwise would.  

also, what the fuck is happening here.

&feature=sub

3:44

it's like a clusterfuck, and diago misses his ultra because of it

*edit*

well it could and will still be lag, but my knee press wouldn't combo because my timing wasn't proper.  fighting games need to better explain how to play their games.  i mean, how is somebody supposed to know if say...

c short, c short, c short, short/forward knee press(as in either short or forward since the roundhouse doesn't seem to combo, or if it does, it's really hard to combo)

you would assume "tap, tap, tap, tap" and it won't work.  you essentially tap three times normally, and double tap the last tap to get it to work.  "tap, tap, taptap"  but i mean, im getting that down in training mode, i can sort of do it now.  still like, an involved tutorial per character would be really nice and get more players up to higher levels of play faster.  i mean, unless you know people or read srk, you won't really figure this stuff out without much trial and error.  i mean even the trials, that thing they said would help new players learn the game doesn't really do that.  it tells you do to moves, and then you get to a part where "how the fuck do i do that, i mean, im doing the moves, but it's not going", so you have to visit youtube/srk to get the answer to that.  

like bison doing knee press into super, i didn't know how the fuck to do that until i randomly hit the right motion.  i mean, your knee press requires a charge, as does your super, how the fuck are you supposed to know your super uses the same charge that the knee press you just used is using?  how the fuck are you supposed to know to immediately do the super motion the instant you finish the knee press motion?  other than trial and error or going outside the game to the internet, you can't unless you knew from somewhere else.  

im damn surprised no fighting game (that i know of anyway) teaches you this stuff.  i would think basic bnb combos should be at least covered on a character per character basis.  sure the trials do that to an extent, but they don't tell you HOW to do them.  that and they teach you how to do moves, but no context on which situations to use them in, like bison's psycho crusher, it fucking sucks, i would like to know why i would want to use it aside from using ex psycho to escape from a corner.  

a bit ranty?  yeah, but i feel i make a good honest point.  hell, i only feel it would help people who are even lesser than me at the fightans. im not good, but there are many many many people below me, and people that are just intimidated to even start playing the genre.  if they have these learning tools, that only brings more people into the scene. so yeah, that and getting my ass kicked online, going FUCK BISON, switching a few characters, realizing i only know bison, and continue to use bison.  ill get there eventually if i keep on trying and sticking to my one character.      
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 07:10:30 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 21, 2009, 01:49:55 PM »
Virtua Fighter's had a training mode where you can try out every move in the game, as well as show you moves that are useful for pop-up and then useful follow-ups, while also allowing you to just hit a button to have the AI show you how to do it.

I have about the same matches and time as Mort there (although I've still got my 70% win ratio hooray). I've spent a lot of time finishing out the Challenges and all I have left now are just the Trials that are all pretty retarded later on. I still need to go through Arcade with everyone on Medium though. I know I'm missing at least a few.

Oh well, I won't even be able to play the game for at least another 2 weeks due to my 360 being DEAD. Aggggh.

K-Mann

« Reply #805 on: October 22, 2009, 12:30:31 PM »
Okay so in non-fighting game news, I got Borderlands on Tuesday and its awesome. Love it. I really enjoy the weapons hoarding, and the graphics are great. I find a certain pleasure with the idea of a sniper rifle that lights people on fire or an SMG that electrocutes people.

I have also been playing Bad Company and ODST. Both are fun as well. And these are all co-op too, so if anyone wants to play, gimme a holla

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #806 on: October 22, 2009, 04:29:28 PM »
I've gotten back into Spore for the third time. But now I'm determined to conquer the universe. I've decided to go about my business in the spirit of the USA this time. I build my army and destroy all other living things the first chance I get. And now that I'm in space, I'm allying with a bunch of other species and secretly coordinating an effort to ultimately destroy them all.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 23, 2009, 04:40:47 AM »
Fucking Parasite Eve 2 has a third branch of magic that only "unlocks" and shows up when you upgrade both of the other branches to three and my magic points are already spread around thoroughly. Looks like it's time to GRIND.

Also the game is starting to get damn hard, the GOLEM soldiers take a ton of punishment.

vladgd

« Reply #808 on: October 23, 2009, 06:01:53 AM »
since waiting for shipping to give me my damn game sucks, i borrowed borderlands for a few hours and got to level 11 with lilith and yeah.  

takes a little while to get in the groove of how things work, but when you do, it's pretty good stuff.  it's basically what i expected it to be, and i look forward to my game arriving in the mail.  

shoot things
get items
level up

that's what you should expect out of this game, and it provides just that.  haven't did much multiplayer save for the split screen for about an hour, and well...id prefer online due to the split screen being vertical rather than horizontal...yeah...hard to play to be honest. 

so yeah, fun fun, just waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail.  they said the 27th, and it shipped from kentucky the 19th...so ive honestly been expecting it any day now.  KY isn't that far away from here, though, free shipping, i should expect it to take a little longer than normal. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 06:09:47 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #809 on: October 23, 2009, 08:26:02 AM »
split screen being vertical rather than horizontal

Why the everloving fuck do they do that for an FPS? That shit pisses me off so much when they do it to an FPS. Seriously, who decided that giving your character tunnel vision for multiplayer was a good idea?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x