Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 581693 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #810 on: October 24, 2009, 04:08:39 PM »

pretty self explanatory if i do say so myself

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 24, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »
Step 2: put your junk in that box
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

K-Mann

« Reply #812 on: October 24, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »

pretty self explanatory if i do say so myself

Pretty winning game my friend.

We'll have to play together. Its probably best if we do it at around the same level, otherwise its going to be hard for someone.

vladgd

« Reply #813 on: October 24, 2009, 10:00:52 PM »
if the same level thing isn't possible (i have two friends who are level 25 and intend on catching me up) we can always start new with different characters.

but uhh, playing some more, it's really easy to die in this game.  i guess this is a good thing, i enjoy playing careful and taking my time through shit rather than going gung ho mgs3 fuck stealth i have a shotgun style (though that is fun in the case of that game).  basically i snipe shit when i can, smg is good for the flying sons of bitches, and i have some blue stupidly powerful (36 damage times 12...and the second best shotties ive found was like 21x11) shotgun, which goes through badass enemies like a hot knife through butter.  did i mention the thing fires pretty goddamn fast(possibly due to my SHOOT FASTER talent) and has 12 shots before a reload?  yeah, the only thing that could make this fucker better is x4 of an element, but it's pretty overkill for me as is, so yeah, good shit.

sure they have to be close to me, but enemies tend to ass rush you anyway, so when they do, i got it covered.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:00:23 AM by vladgd »

K-Mann

« Reply #814 on: October 25, 2009, 12:04:42 AM »
I got rid of that stupid TX Wave thing the second I got it. I fired one shot and knew it sucked. SMGs and Snipers for me. Plus if I can pick up a good revolver then I'm set.

vladgd

« Reply #815 on: October 25, 2009, 05:11:10 AM »
level 20 and using that same level 8 shotty.  still makes things dead.  also i would almost take a shitty repeater over the tk wave, weapon is horrid.  

replaced my smg with a combat rifle.  smg's are more close range, and i have a shotgun for that.  combat rifle will cover the medium range stuff, and the sniper for the obvious.  

also how are you specced with your lilith?

this is how mine looks anyway.

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21000000055000500000000

and how i intend it to be at 50.  

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21505005555000555000000

i think it's a good blend of damage, and defense.  i could put more stuff into the phasewalk bs, but i just see that move is a "IM FUCKED TIME TO PHASEWALK THE FUCK OUT BEFORE IM DEAD" kind of ability.  rather than an offensive move.  but i mean, if you end up using it and liking it, id be happy to know the results.

*edit*

more of my opinion on the game.

krazey and i played for a while, then one of my friends jumped in, and we three playered it for a few hours.  then krazey left, and another of my friends jumped in, so we three playered it up for a few more hours.  and before you know it, it's 5am, and it went by like a flash.  

this is one of those games i would call fun, i highly recommend it.  

*edit*

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/brick/#31000000055050005055555

posting this so i don't forget.  i just want to be a big durable rocket launchering machine.  i put cast iron in there because using a rocket launcher, it would be stupid to not want to point blank rocket launcher foo's, so the explosive resistance is needed.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:41:19 AM by vladgd »

K-Mann

« Reply #816 on: October 25, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »
How do you skip to Intuition in Elemental without having to spend points on Radiance and Resilience?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 25, 2009, 04:10:30 PM »
Holy fuck, Parasite Eve 2 just got unjustifiably hard. First there was this giant fetus type boss that had two attacks that are almost impossible to dodge, and one of these attacks will one hit kill me unless I use my shield magic and have full health. Then after that there's another boss. I know survival horror games are supposed to be hard, but this is nuts.

vladgd

« Reply #818 on: October 25, 2009, 06:42:40 PM »
How do you skip to Intuition in Elemental without having to spend points on Radiance and Resilience?

you don't need to put points into the next tier to advance.  i just put my second set of 5 points into tier 1, and it unlocks tier 3.  it doesn't matter where you put them, only how many points are spent. 

to unlock tier 3 you have to spend 10 points anywhere in that tree.  to unlock tier 4, you have to spend 15 points anywhere in said tree. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 25, 2009, 07:28:38 PM »
Oooh I actually really like that. Nothing more annoying than skill trees forcing you to put points into skills you don't even want.

I get my 360 back tomorrow and I'm super psyched. My SF4 and BlazBlue skills have probably dropped of considerably but we'll see. I should hopefully be getting Tekken 6 from GameFly too.

vladgd

« Reply #820 on: October 25, 2009, 08:17:55 PM »
you can even test it out right now.  just click one of my build links, hit reset, and see for yourself. 

i'll also relink this incase anybody forgot about it/needed it.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_Wiki

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 26, 2009, 03:44:51 AM »
I can't seem to play Diablo 2. When I play it alone it feels to damn slow, when I'm with others they flip a shit that I haven't played the game and I have no real clue what to do past act 2.

vladgd

« Reply #822 on: October 26, 2009, 04:24:45 AM »
press Q

*edit*

http://aroojiobrow.blogspot.com/

I HAVE NOT PLAYED STALKER BUT THIS INTERESTS ME

stalker gameboy demake
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:53:34 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 27, 2009, 04:10:04 AM »
Speaking of STALKER, steam is having a sale for like 5 bucks for the first game, I'm picking it up.

Also Borderlands is nuts, played the mutliplayer and we got split up on this one massive level that was like a goddamn maze (it was inside) and I got killed by the same bad ass guy like twice. Trying to take a bad ass down that's your level alone when you have three other people in the room just ain't happening. Hell, I died like 3 or 4 times trying to do a mission right on my level alone. Fucking Alpha Skags are monsters, but the fact that you can run like a madman and jump high as hell help.

So far people seem to not be loving my cauterization perk (they run away when I heal them, what the dick), BUT I'm basically burning points until I can get health for getting kills, and I can always redistribute my skills if I'm not loving the placement.

vladgd

« Reply #824 on: October 27, 2009, 06:43:16 AM »
im like level 28 and where im at is i technically killed krom. 

i say technically because the brick in my group fucking went kamakazi up the whole fucking thing (dying about 10 times in the process, but second winding each time) and killed him while i was a mile away. 

starting to appreciate revolvers as well.  get one with a scope, and high damage, it's a nice sniper rifle option to be honest(for use in ranges not comfortable to be using a sniper rifle with).  sure my revolver holds two bullets, but fuck, unless it's a brute, it's most likely dead after those two shots. 

i guess i could have an assault rifle, but fuck those.  i roll with sniper rifle (<) smg (^) shotgun (v) revolver (>) with the revolver interchangeable with a nice elemental rocket launcher if i find one.  i see it as i need a good damage smg, i am lilith, that's just what she does (with like 48% increases on smg damage with the class mods, it's frankly retarded not to have one on you if you are the siren, it's just the best close/mid range damage you got), 12 mag shotguns i enjoy for little swarm mobs, and sniper rifles because enemies in this game will kick your freaking ass if you aren't careful and picking off enemies from a distance is always a good idea.  revolver kind of fits that "random mid range" slot, even though my smg/shotty are just fine at mid range, it's harder to headshot at those ranges, and well when the revolver headshots, it basically kills.