Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567462 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #855 on: November 08, 2009, 05:43:14 AM »
pic = saved

good shit. 

also i played a few minutes of "dragon age journeys" the free flash game, and from what little ive played, it's pretty good.  it ties in with your ea/bioware account thing so you can save your game and shit.  and i guess if you get all 5 achievements in the game you unlock an in game item for dragon age origins(which is possible since it ties in with the same account).

i mean, i think it's pretty neat anyway.  it seems to be well made and you can unlock stuff for DA:O by playing it. 

worth checking out anyway.   

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #856 on: November 08, 2009, 04:21:41 PM »
The tie in with the ea account isn't what lets you save it. Flash games have their own system like cookies that let you save data on your computer.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #857 on: November 08, 2009, 06:27:05 PM »
without logging on

with logging on

don't log on, you can play the game but you can't unlock things for DA:O and you can't save when you want and have to rely on the autosave.

reckon i could include a link to the thing

http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 08, 2009, 10:02:34 PM »
Been playing tf2(as usual), FF7, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and been loving the L4D2 demo.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 08, 2009, 10:12:47 PM »
and been loving the L4D2 demo.

Agreed. I can't wait till it comes out. Its gonna be fun as hell playing as a charger and jockey!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 09, 2009, 02:32:13 AM »
L4D2 does look good, but I didn't play the first all that much. I'll probably pick it up eventually.

http://downloads.2kgames.com/borderlands/website/skilltree/roland/#01550050550050505500000

Okay, I think I'm going to make this my Roland skill set, and I'm going to set up my Mordecai like this at level 30

http://downloads.2kgames.com/borderlands/website/skilltree/roland/#01550050550050505500000

and hopefully move onto this.

http://downloads.2kgames.com/borderlands/website/skilltree/mordecai/#11000000050550055005555

The Bloodwing is near useless without Predator and Swift Strike, and I hear it gets damn near broken with Bird of Prey.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 10, 2009, 05:06:54 AM »
Somewhat in love with STALKER now that I have a decent scoped rifle, minor night vision, and enough ammo to get me through. Oh yeah, and OL compared to vanilla is a god send.

Found Gordon Freeman dead in a tunnel. Fun times.

The nights in the Ukraine are so cold you must sleep onto of fires to keep yourself warm.

vladgd

« Reply #862 on: November 10, 2009, 08:27:04 AM »
im just going to say, for the record, the riot shield in modern warfare 2 is the most fun i have ever had NOT SHOOTING PEOPLE in a first person SHOOTER just about ever.

no you don't even get a pistol to use with it like in rainbow 6.  you can switch away from the shield to your secondary, i mean, you won't be shielded, but you can use a secondary weapon.  but with the shield out, you have a melee...which is shoving the shield at the enemy, that's it (i guess grenades as well).  because of this, the perk for added melee distance is pretty handy.  

basically, i don't worry about killing dudes as much as being a scarey distraction which helps my team mates get kills.  you would think "ohh but you don't get exp for not getting kills".  well, no.  the more damage i take with that shield, i get exp for it.  it just feels so fucking good to walk up crouched (so they can't hit my legs) to a dude shooting at me, only to melee his black ass, or have my allies kill his distracted ass.  

it's different, it's fucking fun, try it.  you unlock the riot class lickity split (play for 10-15 minutes online) and custom classes soon after.  

trying out riot shield with a rocket launcher as a secondary.  i mean, ill never need a gun, so i may as well have an RPG to shoot down choppers.  

unfortunately i have to sleep, but this game is like junk food.  if you like cod4, not buying this is literal stupidity.  if you don't like cod4, don't bother, it's basically cod4 but better.  

i mean i could tldr about other stuff, which i might later, but that fuckin riot shield man, ive only used it a little bit, but it's my favorite fps weapon of anything i have used in an fps from the few games ive used it in.  

immagine a turret, giving people hell.  i literally fucking walk up to it as it's shooting the bejesus out of me, and melee it to death.  I WISH I COULD SLEEP BUT I NEED TO PLAY MORE I HATE MYSELFBYEeseeeeeeeeee

*edit*

a lot of that talk is hype from yesterday, but i am really enjoying the game.  riot shield is awesome, but i mean, it's not the best thing to use in team death match.  though, if you have several bros with you online, you can make things happen. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:56:04 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #863 on: November 10, 2009, 06:05:54 PM »
Yeah, I got to play it at a friend's place, and I laughed my ass off when I saw the riot shield. At first I thought it would be shitty, but my friend pwned the other guy that was hanging out with us with it, and I changed my mind a bit. I can definitely see it being fun to fuck with people with.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 11, 2009, 12:37:19 AM »
At first I thought it would be shitty, but my friend pwned the other guy that was hanging out with us with it, and I changed my mind a bit.

I'm fairly sure most CS servers banned the riot shield and it didn't even make the transition between CS and CS:S.

The ability to move cover in an FPS is ridiculous.

Also I'm still on the fence about the game, I played COD4 for a while but I got bored after a while and I only went through the single player one time.

Hahaha, oh wow. Do not want.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 04:55:30 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #865 on: November 11, 2009, 12:04:24 PM »
When I saw my friend playing online, there was no problem at all.

And I dunno how the riot shield is in CS, but you CAN kill people using it in MW2. It's not like they have a gun at the same time, so they do have to get right up to you, and any decently good player should be able to find a way to get around you while you have the shield up.

As vlad mentioned, it's not exactly the most useful weapon.

The changes that my friends noticed was that health takes longer to regenerate, and fall damage really hurts.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 11, 2009, 03:13:03 PM »
Yeah I just went 15-4 using a riot shield and a pistol and even got a guy to bounce a grenade off the shield and back into himself. Just make sure you're always in the middle of the action where everyone else is and keep moving forward. Most people haven't figured out how to take out the shield yet. Then you get the one guy who understands to dash to the side and just knife you.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 11, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »
When I saw my friend playing online, there was no problem at all.

Well it is P2P, so it completely depends on the host. Also

http://www.gamearena.com.au/pc/games/title/modern-warfare-2/reviews.php?id=5033868

Clearly three bars on MW2 PC does NOT equal three bars on MW2 console.

The other reason consoles work better for this is numbers. As we're told all too often, there's a hell of a lot more console FPS gamers playing COD4 and Modern Warfare 2 than PC ones. Which means matchmaking obviously will have more options to choose from in throwing players together.

That plus the whole less players per match and zero custom maps seems like a massive step back from COD4.

vladgd

« Reply #868 on: November 11, 2009, 06:59:38 PM »
i had somebody just run up to me jump, and knife me from the air...so they don't even need to get to the side to knife you.  

also, if whoever you are fighting has a sticky grenade, you die.  they stick it to your shield, wave goodbye.  kind of takes away the purpose of the riot shield in my opinion.  though at the same time the predator missile kind of takes away the purpose of being ouside/being with a group outside.  "ohh a predator missile, im too far away from any cover, and three of my team mates just spawned next to me, guess im fucked"

*edit*

ok i tried a non team deathmatch gametype.  i think i actually prefer domination now.  

*edit*

so i played a domination, coming to the end of the match, it was about 177 for us and 183 for them.  we have all 3 points, so even though we are behind, we basically are going to win. 

then some fucker uses the nuke.  game over, they win. 

trollface.jpg

and yeah, the nuke kills everybody in the game, and the game ends right then and there, whoever was winning at the time the nuke went off takes a win.   

it was pretty bullshit, but, but, im going to admit that said person used it smartly, and that's fucking 25 kills without dying.  my highest streak right now is 11 (i kind of fucking suck at console shooters) and 17 on the first modern warfare.  so i mean, it's bullshit is put aside to it being hard to get.  speaking of that, a friend of mine who plays the everliving shit out of this game got a 30 killstreak...but he never bothered to unlock/equip the nuke.  figure he would have done that by now knowing he's gotten at least two streaks over 25. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:32:29 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 14, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »
I had a 12 killstreak going with the riot shield on Karachi. It was so amazing. One guy used copycat on me and immediately came after me. I just spun around and knifed him. And then he left the game.

Ahahahaha normally I hate Wasteland but I dropped into the middle bunker, killed three guys who were all staring at the other end for some reason, turned, shot out the other three coming in from the other direction and then they finally caught me. Then I used my air drop and got a goddamn PAVE LOW. And since my teammates had since taken the bunker and were holding it, the other team had nowhere to hide and just got raped. And then one of my teammates got a Pave Low and the other team apparently didn't think to try to destroy either one because they just got wrecked. I ended the round with 24-2-2.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:12:38 PM by Eggman »