Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 586123 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #870 on: November 15, 2009, 06:06:10 AM »
pissing around with random guns.  enjoying the FAL, it's like a better G3. also surprisingly i am enjoying any smg i can get my hands on.

it's like they don't suck anymore. that and i have been using a bit of the thumper for that explosives damage perk's pro version.  it's like the noobtoob but uhh harder to use.  an alright weapon to be honest, but i can't quite see myself needing it over the other secondary weapons.  though if anybody can think of situations where it would be nice to have a thumper over something else, i would be glad to know the niche of this weapon.

and because of mw2, i play less sf2.  but, my skills are pretty damn ok right now.  i still have a lot of work to do on the "getting better" portion. but for the first time in a fighting game, i feel i have learned most of the tools of a single character, and i have the execution down to do whatever i want (save for the ToD, fuck that) for the most part.  it's pretty nice, and now i can say you are pretty much fucked if i can close ground with you with my zangief unless you kick total ass at doing reversals(which is where not being predictible with tick throws comes in...next part of my game im working on).  you know, like zangief is supposed to be.  if he closes ground, he can do the big damage, so don't let him in. 

it's just awesome to me to even be thinking about "you know, i have to set this guy up for the super and i could possibly win this match" and when im on the spot, yes, i can do that crossup body splash, st short into super with a high probability of success. 

it's like, going from sf2, to ssf2, i have a super meter now. 

tldr-
thumper- it's aight
smg's- i am pleased
the FAL- i have a smile on my face
FINAL....ATOMIC....BUSTER!!1111- priceless

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 15, 2009, 10:46:35 AM »
The thumper's not that useful but it's nice to have one class made with a stinger missile for secondary to quick switch to to shoot down aerial killstreak perks. You can just use bling to give yourself two attachments and have both a grenade launcher and a holographic sight. And then still have a shotgun on secondary.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 15, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »
Played a bit of MW2 a little while ago, it wasn't bad. My friends would refuse to pull out their secondary when they ran out of ammo mid gun fight despite me killing like 5 people by switching to my secondary half way through. Hell, they rarely used their secondary, but my friend did take down a chopper with the revolver at one point.

As for the shield, I thought it was alright. Amazing in close quarters but outside of that is seemed kinda like a giant "PLEASE KILL ME" sign.

So far my experience from the little bit of death match I played (hate death match, it's like a god damned dice roll and none of my friends will admit it) has been alright. It does seem even more dumbed down compared to COD4 (spraying seems more effective, the amount of slowdown when you scope is fucking retarded) but it's not like COD4 was a really deep hyper competitive FPS.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 15, 2009, 03:58:48 PM »
Sonic Adventure 2 battle is fun but such an annoy bitch at times ie before both sonic and shadow fight each other on ark the level before is such a pain in the ass.

vladgd

« Reply #874 on: November 15, 2009, 08:45:41 PM »
if anything, you want to be at range with the riot shield.  bullets pretty much can't kill you, you are pretty resistant to grenade damage and they aren't a problem unless A the grenade is behind you, or B SEMTEX LOLSTUCKDEAD.  i mean, sure you literally can't attack at range, but that's not the point of the riot shield, it's to be this big distraction that diverts fire from your allies on to you.  and yeah, you want to advance forward, but ive given my friends many a kill because they shot me instead. 

and im not sure about this since it was from /v/, but ive heard you can survive a predator missile if you use the blast shield and look up with the riot shield... 

i say im not sure, because i did not survive a direct to the front rocket blast, and i can only assume the predator is stronger. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #875 on: November 15, 2009, 08:59:56 PM »
Also, if you switch to your secondary, you have the shield on your back, and it does in fact still protect your back.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 15, 2009, 09:34:12 PM »
The shield is amazing at close range only if you become good at circling. Everyone will try to run past and knife on hit, which is why you need commando on. Then you back and circle and then hit again. I've had 24-4 rounds multiple times with the shield. It's worthless on open stages though. Stick to it on sub base or karachi or something.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #877 on: November 15, 2009, 10:00:24 PM »
Well, it's always going to have it's downfalls, but i would imagine that at high level gameplay, someone could figure out a couple good uses of it (maybe shielding a teammate as they cross an open area where a sniper is aiming?)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 15, 2009, 10:59:16 PM »
Well, every map has choke points so it's always going to be useful there in some way, either by protecting you from ambush or letting you cover your teammates while they set up. It's also hilarious to draw semtex off of someone and then dashing it into the enemy. You actually get more points that way than for a normal kill haha. It pops up with an ASSISTED SUICIDE bonus.

I played through New Super Mario Bros Wii with two friends. It's seriously the next evolution of 2D Mario games. It's also quite hard and probably the hardest Mario game other than Lost Levels. We started at 10:30am and didn't stop until 7pm and we only got all of the coins up through world 3. Special world is omfg hard sometimes. It's just as fun by yourself too. It's never really unfair, but is plenty demanding in terms of platforming skills like triangle jumping and timing running leaps.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #879 on: November 16, 2009, 01:02:10 AM »
Well, every map has choke points so it's always going to be useful there in some way, either by protecting you from ambush or letting you cover your teammates while they set up. It's also hilarious to draw semtex off of someone and then dashing it into the enemy. You actually get more points that way than for a normal kill haha. It pops up with an ASSISTED SUICIDE bonus.

I played through New Super Mario Bros Wii with two friends. It's seriously the next evolution of 2D Mario games. It's also quite hard and probably the hardest Mario game other than Lost Levels. We started at 10:30am and didn't stop until 7pm and we only got all of the coins up through world 3. Special world is omfg hard sometimes. It's just as fun by yourself too. It's never really unfair, but is plenty demanding in terms of platforming skills like triangle jumping and timing running leaps.

Awesome, and Awesome. I saw the video someone posted about the New Mario Brothers Wii game, and it did look pretty fun.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 16, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »
Starting playing Legend of Legaia again...such a good game but not very known amongst rpg fans.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #881 on: November 17, 2009, 08:16:27 AM »
I know it. I enjoyed it, when I played it. Never beat it, but got decently far into it, IIRC. But yeah, I've rarely heard anyone mention it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 17, 2009, 12:33:07 PM »
Yay...someone else has heard of it...my biggest gripe about the game is that it takes fucking forever to level up.  Sadly you need to because in the second area (the Sebucus Islands) the first boss can dish out almost 800 damage in one round O.O;

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 18, 2009, 03:34:48 AM »
Me and my friends used to play it, and one of them NEVER played JRPGs and still doesn't.

Also when I get money, someone needs to remind me to pick up the new SMBWii.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 20, 2009, 12:45:24 PM »
I played L4D2 with some friends the day it came out.

They added a shitload of new weapons and a few new special zombies, so zombie killing is as fun as ever. The only problem I have is that now there aren't many of those silent and tense pauses in action like in the first L4D, so L4D2 isn't as scary to me. But hey, if you want to get together with some friends and kill hoards of zombies using a guitar, L4D2 is great for that.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}