Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 587740 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #900 on: December 18, 2009, 02:50:26 AM »
Well Boktai 2 fucked up, and now I can't beat it. Not really that upset considering how far I got, but it's a pain.

Also I can't seem to get anything I acquire to run right, like I mount the iso file and install the game via that but whenever I try and run it it asks me to insert the disc. Ugh, I feel like I'm jumping through way too many hoops for this shit.

Oh yeah, and System Shock 2 is nothing like I thought it would be. Seems like it's going to be fairly complicated.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:22:49 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #901 on: December 18, 2009, 08:27:07 AM »
vidya game add continues!

never would guess i am playing this...

wind waker...yep.  i played it way back when it came out, got to the metroid prime part where you are at the end of the game and you have to go around the whole fucking world collecting lots of shit to progress and i stopped.  course i had access to both the earth and wind temples, i quit due to just being bored in the earth temple. 

figure id give it another shot deleting that file and starting anew.  hated the game at the fortress with the "stealth" bs you have to do, but i started having fun.

so i am at the forest place and we will see how long i play this sucker before the add kicks back in.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #902 on: December 18, 2009, 12:51:53 PM »
I mount the iso file and install the game via that but whenever I try and run it it asks me to insert the disc.

That sounds like SecuRom kicking in....
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 19, 2009, 02:57:33 AM »
You might want to pick up a new version of Daemon tools or whatever you're mounting your .iso's with. Could be some sort of problem there, too.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #904 on: December 19, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »
Yeah, that's true. and if your not using daemon tools, I'd suggest trying that one. It seems to work really well for me.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 19, 2009, 11:46:32 AM »
I am playing Uncharted 2, which appears to be much improved over Uncharted 1. But I also really really disliked Uncharted 1 so I don't really know what that means! Enemies are still total bullet sponges and can take multiple headshots to kill and I get annoyed by all of the characters because they're all witty jackasses and the gunplay still isn't that great, but that might be because the dualshock is pretty bad for shooters. It controls smoother than Killzone 2 at least.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #906 on: December 19, 2009, 01:43:25 PM »
Dualshock is bat for shooters? I hope your not going to say that the xbox controllers are any better...

As far as I'm concerned, the only true way to play shooters is on the computer... Mind you my computer isn't good enough to be worth playing shooters on, unless your playing something like the original halflife, or ut98.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 19, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
If they patch and reduce the price on MW2 I might look into it (apparently they already are patching it on the PS3) from what I've seen thus far the god damn thing is insane. I had a guy sit prone behind a blown up car and fire through it and killed me in one shot from a fairly long way.

Then again, the whole fast knifing with the commando perk is damn near enough to scare me off. Couldn't stand how lethal the knife was in 4 was, and now they're giving it two perks to buff it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #908 on: December 19, 2009, 04:33:14 PM »
lol, knifing IS pretty lethal. But the point of that is a) don't get to close, and b) watch your back. And a can be nullified by having a shotgun out.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 19, 2009, 04:37:34 PM »
Dualshock is bat for shooters? I hope your not going to say that the xbox controllers are any better...

As far as I'm concerned, the only true way to play shooters is on the computer... Mind you my computer isn't good enough to be worth playing shooters on, unless your playing something like the original halflife, or ut98.

It most definitely is better. Not because the controller is actually any better but because literally every FPS game on PS3 has this retarded aiming scheme where no matter what sensitivity you have it at, the aim dot accelerates as you aim. Meaning moving starts very slow and then slides up to a higher speed. Meaning you overshoot every target you ever want to aim at ever.

Although the controller also does just generally suck for FPS games in general. And I hate keyboard/mouse because it's even more ridiculous. Yeah man every person can spin and aim and accurately hit a target from 50 yards moving at 790839048mph. No. The only actual correct aiming control in all of gaming is actually the wiimote, just because you are actually physically pointing it yourself and is actually difficult to master because you actually need steady aim.

Not to mention the keyboard is honestly the clunkiest thing to use for anything. If you aren't playing a game like an RTS (which I think honestly COULD use some streamlining in needing too many macros) or an MMO (again, same thing as far as I'm concerned with controls being too spread out over too many buttons), there's no point in needing something with as many buttons as a keyboard. Dawn of War 2 and Company of Heroes are both great examples of RTS games that have simplified the overall control scheme but not the actual gameplay so it definitely can be done.

Everyone's going to think I'm crazy or whatever but that's why most PC gaming annoys me. I will not ever be comfortable trying to play anything with a keyboard and mouse.

Also, knifing really can't be fixed by a shotgun. If they have commando the teleport for the knife moves faster than the shotgun fires. If they have tactical knife then you're just screwed.

Although akimbo 1887's is still the worst thing in the game. Instant kill from hallway distance and there's nothing you can do about it unless you just totally blindside them.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 19, 2009, 05:25:02 PM »
Ahahaha yeah dual 1887's are probably one of the cheapest things I've seen in a long time. My friend just unlocked them, and I spent like an hour just watching him absolutely mop the floor with everyone in the room. Hours of entertainment, even if you're not playing!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 20, 2009, 12:21:38 AM »
wall of text.

Wow, I agree with basically all of it, what a rare occasion.

I do like my PC shootans, but I'd love to see a really well implemented Wii FPS.

Also I find it borderline criminal that they'd give that many perks that help knifing.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #912 on: December 20, 2009, 12:01:51 PM »
Well, I never noticed the aiming acceleration thing, but I haven't exactly played many PS3 games. I still say in a comparison of physical controllers, I much prefer the dual shock to the xbox controllers. The shoulder buttons are better, the L3 and R3 buttons are better, the buttons aren't domed (that pisses me off a lot) and the triggers have less travel distance.

I am inclined to agree about how keyboard are awkward, but I don't know if I can agree that the wii is the best aiming scheme. Maybe the wiimote is the best aiming scheme, but I would never say that the wii controller is the best FPS controller, simply because the whole wiimote + nunchuck thing is awkward to me. I don't like having 2 things that move around like that.

And I only said PC FPS is the only way to go because I enjoy being able to turn on a dime like that. I hate technical limitations getting in the way of things, because on a console, you either have low sensitivity, so you can aim accurately, and then have trouble moving around because the fucking turning is slow, or you set it high so you can get around, and have a hell of a time lining a shot up correctly because you try to barely move and you jump to the other side of the target.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 20, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »
The Conduit did Wii FPS controls pretty much perfectly. You could customize literally every piece of the controls, from the bound box being as big or as small as you want it, reset any control to anything else, whatever. It was extremely fun to play and it even had great online multiplayer that took real skill because you knew if the guy hit you from far away, he was actually physically aiming that shot, staying steady and nailing you.

Problem was, the game itself was extremely bland, with a very lame single player. It's hard to expect an amazing game out of such a small studio but man, the controls had such promise that having the rest of it not live up to that is a real let-down.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #914 on: December 20, 2009, 05:09:27 PM »
I was wondering how that was. The soundtrack is made by a fucking absolute musical genius, and that's how I found out about it, actually, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x