Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567905 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #915 on: December 21, 2009, 11:10:30 PM »
Killing Floor is surprisingly fun. I had a game where everyone but ONE guy died at the start of the second to last round and he soloed it. Then on the final boss, he hid in a cave and fired a rocket at a cluster of five of us, killing 3 and wounding one bad. Shit was nuts.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 26, 2009, 01:40:39 AM »
Ugh, not sure if I can't stand System Shock 2 much longer. No map means I have to wander around the space ship until I find what I'm looking for, also the repair/hacking deal doesn't seem to make any sense. It's literally get three things to light up in a row and win.

vladgd

« Reply #917 on: December 27, 2009, 08:58:21 AM »
so i found a way to have more fun with less frustration in that mw2.

normally i use the FAL, which is a shitty weapon, but i like it.  im just not good enough to use it properly.
when i get frustrated, i do the melee thing, which is fun, but kind of flukey.

acr + noobtoob
thumper

scavenger pro
danger close
commando (save for steady aim, you really can't go wrong with commando)

started to get used to the thumper and baby, i like it.  basically i swap to thumper ASAP and use that, if i run out of ammo (scavenger), noobtoob with the acr, if i run out of nades (HIGHLY unlikley before i die) i can shoot people i guess.

it's been working ok so far, but i can't wait till RPGx2. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 27, 2009, 12:33:39 PM »
I use almost the same setup but I use sleight of hand instead of scavenger and one of the LMG's instead of the ACR (hence the reason I'd use sleight of hand). Once you get good with the thumper though, man is it awesome.

The FAL is probably my favorite assault rifle though. With stopping power it takes one or two shots to kill anyone and you can tap out shots much more accurately since it has almost no recoil.

I finished Killzone 2 and it's really not that great. The final battle is one huge fight where you can totally die from all sorts of random things. The one-on-one final boss fight is hilarious though. He's supposed to teleport around and knife you and shoot at you, but I picked up a flamethrower and lit him on fire. Usually enemies put the fire out pretty quickly but he just kept teleporting around while on fire, screaming away, until he finally just died randomly.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #919 on: December 27, 2009, 02:09:14 PM »
haha, must have been really funny.

And yeah, the FAL plus stopping power is amazing. It's an awesome mid range weapon, and fun to use.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #920 on: December 27, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
And yeah, the FAL plus stopping power is amazing. It's an awesome long range weapon, and fun to use.

that's more like it.  it has really low recoil, so trying to snipe with it isn't such a bad idea, long as you aim for the upper body/head.  it's like a low damage sniper rifle with more rounds per mag and no default scope.  i mean yeah it's ok in mid range but in my opinion it really shines at long range.  plus with my luck people can survive 5+ shots WITH stopping power unless i hit the head. 

something i started using slightly before the thumper was the WA2000, that semi automatic sniper rifle.  while unlocking the thermal, i discovered i really liked the ACOG with the thing.  it makes me use it a bit more like a longer ranged assault rifle rather than a sniper rifle.  i suck ass with snipers but the WA2000 with ACOG is probably the easiest sniper to get kills with for me.  i don't even like the thermal scope, lol.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #921 on: December 28, 2009, 02:38:27 AM »
If I'm going to use a long range weapon to snipe, I'll likely use an actual sniper rifle.... Just not he 50 cal :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #922 on: December 28, 2009, 07:02:05 AM »
why use a sniper rifle when most assault rifles are easier to snipe with in the first place?

pop thermal scope on any lmg/assault rifle and BAM you got an automatic sniper rifle.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 28, 2009, 06:28:17 PM »
I really hate how they made a really good looking 3D art style for Mirror's Edge, and then they use this really shoddy looking animation for the cut scenes. Also for some fucked up reason the ambiant sound in the background is louder then anyone can speak regardless of how I tweak the sound options. Outside of that, this game is a dumb amount of fun and the combat is surprisingly fun. Not sure why this game went by with such little hype.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #924 on: December 29, 2009, 10:25:25 PM »
I really hate how they made a really good looking 3D art style for Mirror's Edge, and then they use this really shoddy looking animation for the cut scenes.

I kinda like the look of the cut scene animations.

The biggest thing that's working against DICE, I think, is that the same graphics style was used in those damn Esurance commercials.  I can't help but crack jokes when they come on.

It's a shame they didn't throw Steam achievements into the PC version at all.  On the bright side, that means that I won't have to do Test of Faith again...
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #925 on: December 29, 2009, 11:08:41 PM »
Haha, I didn't even notice that before. Man, now I need to mention that to my brother, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 30, 2009, 03:48:35 AM »
Haha, I didn't even notice that before. Man, now I need to mention that to my brother, lol.

It was kind of the first thing that poped into my mind.

Also I just think the in game stuff looks awesome.

Oh god, I can't stop grabbing random emulators and trying games. Hell, I started Paper Mario and haven't touched it since I started it and now I'm on a Genesis emulator with Contra Hard Corps, Gunstar Heroes, and Castlevania Bloodlines.

Oh yeah, and ALTERED BEAST.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:49:54 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #927 on: January 04, 2010, 07:41:24 AM »
this image made me rage, 3 deaths were in the last 20 seconds, the spawns in this game fucking suck.  i mean a 19 and 1 would kick total ass for me since my k/d ratio is like 7.6.  not to mention i rack up the deaths by my general careless play. 

i wanted to link the image for two reasons.  one, i rarely get games that good.  i was even using a new weapon for me, the l86 lsw.  it's no RPD, but it's pretty alright.

two, the map.  my least favorite maps when i first got this game, estate, derail.  my favorite map was scrapyard. 

maps i consider my favorites NOW

afghan
derail (it's all about B baby)
skid row (knife only)

estate is not a favorite, but i certainly don't mind it.  never realized how decent of a knifing map it can be.  if anything i hate scrapyard and quarry the most now.  i fucking hate rundown as well, BUT, BUT, if you spawn by C and stay on the side of the bridge where C is, it can be tolerable. 

so yeah, afghan is all around fun to play.  im not even that good on afghan and there are better knifing maps, but nothing about it really pisses me off.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #928 on: January 04, 2010, 08:30:09 AM »
I like estate. And yes, it can be a very knife friendly map, lol. It can also be total and complete rape if a team holds the house and operates like an actual team.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 05, 2010, 12:55:13 AM »
Alright, Mirror's Edge is DONE. I must say, despite it being REALLY short (I beat it in like what, 3 casual sittings with one lengthy one?) it was a damn fun game. I keep hearing in reviews that it was frustrating, but unless you're borderline retarded it shouldn't be, plus finding out where to go is part of the fun but apperently people wanted LINEAR RUNNAN AND JUMPAN. Oh yeah, and the combat was surprisingly rewarding, even if it was hard to get a gun and getting a gun was basically like screaming "I WIN" and all your enemies would explode.