Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567443 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #930 on: January 05, 2010, 01:08:59 AM »
this image made me rage, 3 deaths were in the last 20 seconds, the spawns in this game fucking suck.

It can't be any worse than they were in CoD4.  That game had a nasty habit of spawning you in the middle of a fucking airstrike.  I just love dying before my character even has a chance to draw his weapon.

Alright, Mirror's Edge is DONE. I must say, despite it being REALLY short (I beat it in like what, 3 casual sittings with one lengthy one?) it was a damn fun game.

Indeed.

One of the only things that disappoints me about that game is that it does have a very linear feel.  I was under the impression that the movement would be more open-ended.  It just doesn't feel like there are many alternate paths that you can take in many cases.

I enjoyed it, though, definitely looking forward to the sequel.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 05, 2010, 01:16:42 AM »
Hooray I hit 70 in MW2 finally. And also completed every challenge for the M16A4. Thing is ridiculous. And I got my Akimbo FMJ 1887's for cheating.

I also went 50-12 on Terminal in Ground War Domination with a bunch of friends. Got up to Emergency Airdrop and got an AC130, two attack helicopters and two harriers out of it (and the normal care package I had). And I had a harrier set up for normal use too. The other team was too busy running away from all the aerial garbage to actually take anything for points.

I also got up to a 24 killstreak on Estate but I didn't have the nuke equipped anyway so I wouldn't have gotten it.

I am pretty much always #1 on the team for kills overall now though.

I think I'll work on getting tactical knife next so I can really cheat with marathon/lightweight/commando.

vladgd

« Reply #932 on: January 05, 2010, 03:47:36 AM »
i wouldn't call the knife build cheating, but if you surprise the enemy, they just die, simple as that.

uhh today, 30 and 3 on wasteland with my 'splosion man build. 

tar 21/grenade launcher (thing pumps out the damage without stopping power so it's good when im out of 'splosives)
at4 rocket launcher (wasteland only, DAT BUNKER)
semtex (also wasteland only, i have a hard time throwing C4 in the bunker)
stun grenades
scavenger
danger close
commando (not needed, but i just like it)

uhh and i fucked up with my RPD/one man army build and switched to my knife build....ended up getting an awesome game winning kill with the throwing knife...and got the kill 5 people with the throwing knife challenge completed at the same time. 

level 64, next level, RPGx2, FUCK YEAR!

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 05, 2010, 05:49:31 AM »
I don't know. I'd call the ability to teleport over to someone and stab them faster than bullets can hit you cheating. Especially if you're running around with a care package. You barely even need to sneak up on people. Sure it's not going to help you in big team games where people tend to travel in packs but you'd dominate something like free-for-all or normal team deathmatches like that.

The FMJ for the 1887's is definitely cheating though. It gives it back its range pre-nerfing and it has as good a range as most of the submachineguns which is just bullshit. I held point B on Scrapyard up to a 14 killstreak before I finally ran out of ammo on them and died only because I was switching guns.

I do know that I refuse to ever go through Prestige Mode. I don't want to lose all of my guns and stuff. If they gave me back all of the attachments and stuff I've already earned as soon as I unlocked the guns again, then maybe.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #934 on: January 05, 2010, 06:16:27 AM »
My friend AJ prestiged like, 2 months ago, lol. He wasn't too happy about loosing the guns and attachments either, but leveling up is so much easier after a prestige. It basically just means you have to spend more time playing the game. Of course, the fact that his weapon of chose is unlocked right form the start definitely helped.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #935 on: January 05, 2010, 07:09:28 AM »
ill admit the "teleport" is kind of bullshit, but ive been shot out of that many times and vice versa.  still, there's a lot of bullshit in this game so it isn't much in comparison to...everything else.  but im not going to defend it, you can't deny that knifing in this game is a lot more fun than it was in cod4.  i mean, i run around with my knife yelling "VROOM VROOM"

but what am i to call bullshit, i just got my RPGx2.  though, when i prestige the moment i hit 70 ignoring the ak47...back to the at4 which at least is more versatile(not that it matters against the big floating easy target harrier).

now if you excuse me, i got some multikills to acquire.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #936 on: January 05, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »
This is one of the many reasons why I consider EVE to be on a completely different level than most, if not all other MMOs out there... The market is absolutely insane. Of course, the fact that it's a broker market and works rather dfferently than a direct buyer to seller market probably accounts for at least some of the complexity of the market.

Also, I really need to figure out how to use the market effectively. I don't necessarily want to become a trader, but I don't want to feed people extra ISK that I could be saving.I'm not exactly rich, considering that 4.8m ISK is practically nothing compared to the billions of ISK that some high end players deal with. (Well, billions in some ways. Example: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1228801&page=2)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #937 on: January 06, 2010, 12:56:12 AM »
This is one of the many reasons why I consider EVE to be on a completely different level than most, if not all other MMOs out there... The market is absolutely insane.

The fact that hundreds of thousands of players are hitting the same market really helps.  An EVE-like economy in any other game simply would not be feasible due to the segmentation of the player base.

But yeah, that's one of the ways that EVE really stands up against the competition.  Not only because the market is massive, but because it's mostly player-driven, and it has more than enough players to effectively fuel it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 06, 2010, 04:42:44 AM »
I bought a couple of Wii games today since Best Buy's gamer club website had $10 off for each of them and they were normally $15. Got Excitebots and New Play Control Pikmin.

I have yet to open Pikmin but dear god Excitebots is so much fun. It's almost like some crazy tripped out version of Beetle Adventure Racing except you can hit polls and go spinning off of them for extra boost or do tricks in midair or hit a soccer ball into a goal for some reason midrace and you don't even actually have to get 1st to win or even S any given track, you just need a certain amount of stars from doing all sorts of activities and attacking the other racers and getting huge air and stuff. So much fun.

Thursday is Bayonetta Time. It will not be interrupted.

vladgd

« Reply #939 on: January 06, 2010, 07:01:23 AM »
im going to be frank, i suck balls at terminal in the "staying alive" department. 

this screenshot is my best terminal game, with a weapon i don't use (aug hbar).  it's both happy and depressing.  happy because, well, look at dat phat score.  sad, 3 kills away from a nuke :<   basically i died the moment i got done with my chopper gunner, which is better than getting shanked during the chopper gunning.  though it's terminal, and there are plenty of places to hide from the gunner so i can't beat myself up about it, it was a damn nice game to end the evening on.  i mean, it's not a matter of "if" i get a nuke, it's a matter of when i get the nuke  8)

ps: akimbo 1887 = FREE KILLS (though, fun to use)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #940 on: January 06, 2010, 08:07:07 AM »
That is a damn nice score. And that is a damn fun map, too, but I ca understand how it can be hard to stay alive. Still, 6 deaths beats the hell out of everyone else there, so I'd hardly call that sucking at staying alive.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 06, 2010, 03:56:33 PM »
I just played a game of SF3S with a guy in Korea and we had hardly any lag. What the fuck.

vladgd

« Reply #942 on: January 06, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »
so I'd hardly call that sucking at staying alive.

well, it wasn't an ordinary game.  normally i die a lot due to being spawn camped to hell and back at the spawn by A.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 07, 2010, 01:53:10 AM »
well, it wasn't an ordinary game.  normally i die a lot due to being spawn camped to hell and back at the spawn by A.

Sounds incredibly dumb.

Also I think I might delete MDK2 and System shock 2 and try and catch up on my PS, N64, and mega drive emulation. Oh yeah, and Gunstar Heroes is FUCKING AMAZING.

vladgd

« Reply #944 on: January 07, 2010, 05:17:38 AM »
Sounds incredibly dumb.

no, spawning the instant before a predator missile hits you is incredibly dumb.  

and ive been running around with a marathon/stopping power/steady aim spas 12 build.  it's really fun, but, WHY IS KNIFING EASIER?!  THAT SHOULD NOT BE!

seriously, shotguns are actually good in this game, yet knifing is easier to get kills with.  

that said, shotgunning on invasion = VERY VERY VERY FUN