Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 568095 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #945 on: January 07, 2010, 05:44:48 AM »
Agreed, predators on spawn suck ass.

However, I've only been killed on spawn a couple times not including the times I spawn outside and an airstrike or something hits me, and those kills were in small maps where you could not spawn away from people if you wanted to.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 07, 2010, 02:09:24 PM »
Easiest way to get kills is to immediately walk towards C. From the metal detectors, just stop when you line up with the corner of the wall and aim over towards C. Guys will just walk into view and die instantly. From the escalators, guys will walk around from where you would have stopped and just get nailed. I get instant emergency air drops almost every game on Terminal because of how predictable people are. If you stand far enough back, they almost can't hit you correctly with flashbangs to disorient you and if they do hit you, just backing up to the left will pull you back behind the metal detectors again.

I also love it when people throw flashbangs at me because the second they do, I usually just drop a claymore. People are too greedy with that and go for the knife and then whoops they explode.

vladgd

« Reply #947 on: January 07, 2010, 06:36:46 PM »
that's pretty much how i got the score i got.  

*edit*

forgot the default killstreaks are uav, care package, preditor missile.  im fine with this, but care package sucks.  well, ok, it doesn't suck, but i don't like it.  well...no, i DO like it, i just don't like having it as my own killstreak.  y'see, yes you can literally get a fucking chopper gunner with only 3 kills (hardline) with the thing, but...so can your enemy...from your box, and so can that asshole team mate whoring the mic annoying the piss out of you.  i see the purpose of it being in there by default, to show new players who can't get high killstreaks what the higher end stuff is about.  but personally, i hate having it because of people like me, I WILL STEAL YOUR CARE PACKAGE AND I DO NOT CARE WHO YOU ARE.

i guess if i feel like fucking around with a knife build i would do something like...care package, chopper gunner, nuke.  i mean, i tried the care package run "glitch" and jesus, why hasn't it been patched?  you run so fucking fast with that thing it's like im playing f-zero.  but i guess you lose tactical knife, and you aren't using the care package for the killstreak it contains so it isn't THAT bad.  you may run super-humanly fast, but you can't outrun bullets.

but i guess i will be using the scar h with stopping power and noobtoob.  you know, i tried other guns, i had high killstreaks with guns i sucked with, but the scar h with scavenger is too good.  it's like a sprayable m16.  i guess it's not a surprise i got my 27 killstreak with the scar h and AA-12.

while i am on the topic of overpowered assault rifles, what is up with the m4 assault rifle (ie, the first assault rifle on the list)?  why use it over the scar?  sure it has more ammo, but what's the point if it takes more shots to kill.  thing gets my vote for the worst assault rifle.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, unlike cod4, while ar's are still king, shotguns are damn good, and smg's are damn good.  one of my favorite classes is a silenced vector(or mini uzi), spas 12 with grip, marathon, stopping power, and steady aim. 

i was long overdue for a tldr and mw2 was on the brain so here you go, something to gnaw on.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:06:37 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 08, 2010, 04:59:15 PM »
Bayonetta is the best action game ever made. No I don't care if you don't like how she looks. No I don't care if you're bad at the games. No I don't care about any possible negative ideas you can come up with. It is quite literally the perfect action game. The demo for God of War 3 is absolute shit in comparison to this and if that demo is any indication, GoW3 will follow suit and be absolute boring shit in comparison in full.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 08, 2010, 06:30:26 PM »
Well it was made by ex members of Clover and some of the Devil May Cry staff right? That has amazing spelt all over it.

vladgd

« Reply #950 on: January 08, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
say i don't like devil may cry, but i enjoy ninja gaiden.

also, bayonetta is really hot, so that can make up for some other issues i could have with the game.

would i enjoy bayonetta?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 09, 2010, 12:04:48 AM »
also, bayonetta is really hot, so that can make up for some other issues i could have with the game.

If you like stick-bugs, then sure.

Also the game play looks decently smoother and faster then DMC, so I'd check it out if I were you.

Also I just noticed a huge Okami reference (watching it via stream now).

vladgd

« Reply #952 on: January 09, 2010, 12:07:37 AM »
If you like stick-bugs, then sure.

i bet if you looked at my avatar, you would get it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 09, 2010, 12:39:06 AM »
I...huh? It's the same thing it's always been for me.

Also there seems to be a ton if videogame/capcom related jokes going on in this game.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 09, 2010, 03:09:34 AM »
say i don't like devil may cry, but i enjoy ninja gaiden.

would i enjoy bayonetta?

Ninja Gaiden is even worse than pure shit in comparison to this.

Then again I think the newer Ninja Gaiden games are godawful pieces of trash to begin with so WHO KNOWS

The mechanics are smoother and simpler than DMC (punch/kick/shoot/dodge/switch weapon sets) but combos are done more based on timing than button-mashing like a spaz and there's a lot of depth as to your options at any point in time and unique combos for just about every combination of weapons you can find. And the whole thing is just ridiculously stylish.

vladgd

« Reply #955 on: January 09, 2010, 03:13:23 AM »
the way you express your opinion radically reminds me of...me...

rather humorous 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 09, 2010, 03:43:00 AM »
Well that's what I was going for so awesome

vladgd

« Reply #957 on: January 10, 2010, 05:57:55 AM »
played some mw2 with friends today, wasn't very fun

rundown
afghan
rundown
estate
rundown
derail
rundown team death match
rundown domination

i wish there was a map toggler or something like warcraft 3 had, select 2 or 3 maps you don't like, and they won't show up when you search for a game.  totally would get rid of afghan (i now dislike that map), rundown, and rundown again.  i would pay money for dlc which limited the only maps to wasteland, highrise, skid row, and invasion. 

seriously though, rundown is annoying as overgrown.  PICK A BUILDING AND CAMP HURP DURP THATS FUN RITE!?

K-Mann

« Reply #958 on: January 10, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
I am also enjoying Bayonetta right now.

The game is ridiculous fun. So many combos, and I like how you can practice them in the loading screens. Witch Time is probably the greatest implement of slowing time in a while too. There's a variety of enemies, much more so than anything like DMC or NG. The game is dripping with sex and style. If the first 5 minutes of the game didn't make you scratch your head, or get the gigglies, then you may as well not get it.

Also, REFERENCES:

Resident Evil
Okami
Viewtiful Joe
Devil May Cry
Madworld
God Hand
Apocalypse Now

If you liked any of those games, you will like Bayonetta.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 11, 2010, 12:59:58 AM »
Damn I want that game. Even tho I think the main character looks like a stick bug and Gun shoes and hair suits are just plain retarded.

Also the insults in STALKER Clear Sky are awesome, one of the guys screamed "NAZIII" and then unloaded on a bandit.