Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 586335 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #975 on: January 14, 2010, 11:45:25 PM »

i wanted to make an alien, so i did.  closer image than the previous.

*edit*

as much as i would like to enjoy this game, i impulse canceled my preorder/uninstalled the beta client.

the ship combat...it's like, BADddDDDDDDddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
dddd
dd

dddd
ddddd

ddd
d
dddd
ddd
ddd

dd
dd
sdd
dsvs

im just angry today, mass effect 2 can't come out soon enough.

seriously though, EVE has better combat and that game controls like ass.

i don't think i have the patients for an mmo now anyway.  

so i decided to try some quake live

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO ADJUST TO A GAME LIKE THIS WHEN MY MIND HAS BEEN DUMBED DOWN TO CONSOLE SHOOTERS LIKE HALO AND CALL OF DUTY

seriously, the speed of quake 3 compared to call of duty is like comparing how fast my minivan goes to the speed of light, fuck.  no bullshit ways of getting kills in quake...hence why i have trouble getting as much as one single kill.  

it's nice though.  theres no sniping, no camping, no killstreaks, no lag.  BUT the only people someone picking up this game for the first time in years and years and years, have fun getting obliterated.  i may install ut2k4 tomorrow and try and brush up on that, FFA DM_RANKIN BABY!

*edit*

the gate, i have to remember that q3 map, it's good.  i actually went third place in an FFA, it's pretty fun when you start killing people.  i uhh still don't quite have my groove for the sensitivity yet, maby i need a bigger surface to move my mouse on otherwise i just play on higher sensitivities. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 02:38:16 AM by vladgd »

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 18, 2010, 03:18:47 AM »
The people that tend to play on Quake Live tend to be pretty goddamn good, at least from my experience. I'm not a bad Quake player, I'd consider myself above average, but I get my ass handed to me two out of three games on Quake Live. Also, if you install UT2k4, hit me up, and I'll play with you or something, I got that whole Unreal pack on Steam during the Holiday Sale.

Also: Killing Floor is probably the best three dollars I've ever spent, that game is way too much fun for how simple it is.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #977 on: January 18, 2010, 04:19:18 AM »
The people that tend to play on Quake Live tend to be pretty goddamn good, at least from my experience. I'm not a bad Quake player, I'd consider myself above average, but I get my ass handed to me two out of three games on Quake Live.

Keep in mind that people have had 11 years to practice.  Quake Live is basically an enhanced port of Quake III to browsers.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 18, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »
HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO ADJUST TO A GAME LIKE THIS WHEN MY MIND HAS BEEN DUMBED DOWN TO CONSOLE SHOOTERS LIKE HALO AND CALL OF DUTY

Quake is an insane game, probably one of the deepest FPS games ever made (I'm a CS fanboy and I'm more then willing to admit that Quake is a harder game to play).

That being said, someone needs to message me on steam if they want to play anything online. I haven't been on TF2, NeoTokyo, CSS, or Quake live in forever. Shit, or any fighting games.

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 18, 2010, 06:25:33 PM »
Consistently playing Modern Warfare 2, and also working through Brutal Legend and Assassins Creed 2 at the same time. after i finish those i'll probably work on Left 4 Dead 2, and I also got Resident Evil 5 which i still need to play through. I havent had this much on myp late gaming-wise is several years.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #980 on: January 18, 2010, 07:48:50 PM »
Consistently playing Modern Warfare 2, and also working through Brutal Legend and Assassins Creed 2 at the same time.

Sounds like all my friends. That pretty much sums up what's been happening lately with my friends. Except that one of them rented borderlands.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 18, 2010, 09:55:35 PM »
I should really borrow Brutal Legend from my friend. He bought it because of the demo thinking it would be more of a hack'n'slash and he really doesn't like RTS games so he ended up just dropping the game. I like RTS games though so I'd probably get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

But no, instead I am playing Zelda: Spirit Tracks which is pretty fun and Infamous, which is also pretty fun but I still like Prototype more because it lets you feel like more of a super badass.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #982 on: January 19, 2010, 01:38:40 AM »
Man, I thought the RTS aspect of Brutal Legend was amazing.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 19, 2010, 03:51:01 AM »
Megaman 3. All the robot masters are down, I have like 9 or so E tanks and I have to beat fucking pimped out Guts man 4 times now. This game is really rage inducing, specifically Gemini Man with his stage.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 19, 2010, 09:23:19 AM »
Beeen playing BioShock and Chrono Cross.
Awesome 1st person and awesome RPG

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 19, 2010, 06:51:27 PM »
I really didnt expect Brutal Legend to be so RTS-heavy, but i love it so much
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

vladgd

« Reply #986 on: January 19, 2010, 09:46:48 PM »
for some reason, i have the urge to play some big mutha truckers.  i recall playing it at my cousins years ago and it was more fun than vidya reviewers gave it credit for. 

though im not paying fifty dollars for it new on amazon.  i wouldn't mind another trucker sim/rpg style game, it would be interesting.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 19, 2010, 09:52:10 PM »

vladgd

« Reply #988 on: January 20, 2010, 12:00:49 AM »
no

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #989 on: January 20, 2010, 01:37:34 AM »
AVGN actually considered doing a review of Big Rigs.  He apparently installed Windows on his Mac (IIRC, he said he tried using Parallels, which is probably where the problem lies) and everything, but wasn't able to get it working.

I should e-mail him and help him get Boot Camp and Fraps set up, haha.
"This is a machine for making cows."