Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 568138 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #990 on: January 20, 2010, 03:17:31 AM »
unlike big rigs, big mutha truckers is actually somewhat good(from what i remember anyway).

http://chipandironicus.com/video/other/mystery/mystery1.html

video totally related

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 20, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »
YOU'RE WINNER

I wouldn't think Big Rigs would be something that the AVGN would review.  I mean, it's not even a retro game.  :(
Spoony could do a review of it, though.

Also, I just got a copy of Diablo 1/2/expansion packs, so I guess I'm playing those.

vladgd

« Reply #992 on: January 21, 2010, 10:42:13 PM »
i bought bayonetta since i enjoyed the demo. 

something to keep me busy until mass effect 2 comes in the mail.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 21, 2010, 10:49:21 PM »
Mass Effect 2 PC has leaked. I don't have the specs to play it though so I don't even care. My character's on 360 anyway.

God I still love Bayonetta. I might just download the demo so I can play it here and there until I can buy it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 22, 2010, 01:18:06 AM »
Too many good things coming out recently. Bayonetta, ME2, TvC2, No More Heroes 2 all come to mind.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #995 on: January 22, 2010, 03:15:56 AM »
I've been going retro lately.

In addition to my new/old Atari, I've been playing random Commodore 64 and Amiga games recently.

The Commodore 64 in particular is hilarious because its audio capabilities eclipse its graphical prowess by, well, quite a bit.  I was playing Monty on the Run earlier and had a hard time connecting the amazing musical score to the limited graphics.

Speaking of Monty, it's funny how many parallels that game has to I Wanna Be The Guy.  It's really, really, really merciless.  Speaking of I Wanna Be The Guy, if anyone's completed it (or watched a walkthrough or Let's Play on YouTube), you've actually heard the music from Monty on the Run!  It's the awesome SID tune that plays during the final level.

Music can be heard here...give it a listen, it's friggin awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfINgpYvfTY
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #996 on: January 22, 2010, 03:43:33 AM »
i think bayonetta is a bit easier than ninja gaiden, but the way you are "scored" at the end, i feel like i suck total ass at the game.

silver rank
gold rank
stone stone stone
stone stone
stone
stone
stone
joe pesci
stone
joe pesci rank

that and i end up having 10% health most of the time for some reason, ohh well, im on like level 6 now. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 22, 2010, 05:26:16 AM »
Normal is much easier and Hard isn't toooo hard since you always have plenty of options like invincibility lollipops and such but once you hit Infinite Climax difficulty, they take away Witch Time completely and it's just brutal.

You really need to hold combo a lot and use dodge offset with wicked weaves to really get good scores.

vladgd

« Reply #998 on: January 22, 2010, 08:56:06 AM »
i think i know why im having problems with the game, difficulty wise.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE SPOSED TO PLAY ONE HANDED :<

in all seriousness though, i just got the claw weapons so im all "HEY TIME TO CHECK EM OUT" so the next level i fight is one of those levels where the boss IS the level.  so after i did that awesome fight i was getting my hopes up into trying the claws against normal enemy fodder to get used to how they work....

nope

MOTORCYCLE LEVEL

so that blew my fucking mind, cooled down with an episode of sanctuary and uhh i guess ill check the claws out tomorrow, it's almost 9am, night!

a fap note, the torture move against the white whip lady enemies = wooden horse device used in S&M(thanks /d/). 

HOT

until they explode...that is...

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 22, 2010, 03:24:32 PM »
i think bayonetta is a bit easier than ninja gaiden, but the way you are "scored" at the end, i feel like i suck total ass at the game.

Isn't Ninja Gaiden like, genially harder then God Hand (which is an awkward comparison considering God Hand scaled).

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 22, 2010, 03:32:55 PM »
Ninja Gaiden would only be harder because it has the retarded idea of making every enemy capable of attacking you from every distance and then ambushing you from around corners and respawning enemies when you walk back through an area.

vladgd

« Reply #1001 on: January 22, 2010, 08:01:33 PM »
never really thought of ninja gaiden as that bad.  it's challenging, but it's never overwhelming.  

the hardest part about ninja gaiden (not talking about 2, though it has the same problem) is the fucking camera.  

which was at least toggled on the trigger rather than clicking the right thumbstick. please tell me there's a way to change the controls in bayonetta, i couldn't see anything in the options.  i mean, i don't have two right thumbs to be attacking and simultaneously hitting the right thumb stick to correct the camera.  swapping that with the weapon swap would be infinitely better since i don't see the need to change weapons mid fight, and if i did, i wouldn't be in the middle of attacking.

*edit*
<rant>
chapter 15 just kicked me in the vagina

yeah it's nice and challenging, sure i use a few items, but i called it a night when i had to do that bullshit turret crap.

yeah variety is cool, but please play to your strength with the standard combat.  i mean, sure the motorcycle bit was awesome, and yeah the surfing boss was neat (more fun to watch than to fight), but stationary turrets?  please, don't.

reckon i will use this as an excuse to run around playing previous levels getting money and such (though i don't need it) until i feel like doing chapter fucking 15 again.  i mean, i don't care as much if you give me several fuckhard bosses to fight in succession, just no stationary turrets with odd controls, please.  

no kidding, fighting my way through chapter 15, good amount of work put into it.  i basically insta quit when i got to the turret part.  i like variety when it's good, not when it's there for the sake of being there.  i mean, instead of a turret you could have had me surfing on a missile around it or something (i mean it's not like i wasn't surfing on a missile the level before).

i just hope i don't just stop playing because of this one part, with mass effect 2 coming out on tuesday, if this is the last thing of bayonetta on my mind, i won't be playing it again for a little while.
</rant>

HOWEVER the fight with that other witch lady was really damned fun.

OHH IF ONLY I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT LAME MISSILE SHMUP LEVEL FIRST ELSE I WOULD FIGHT HER AGAIN FOR THE SAKE OF IT BEING FUN.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:29:07 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 24, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
The levels and stuff that you're calling lame are recreations of classic Sega games, hence why they are there.

And the turret thing is really easy on Normal. Just mash fire directly at his face and he'll just stay lock stunned in that flinch animation until he punches out one of the turrets and then do the same at the other one. You can even get away with never shooting a missile on Hard difficulty.

And you definitely do need to change weapons mid fight if you want better scores. There are quite a few longer combos and great chains that come out of that.

Anyway, I played through Mass Effect a bit again just to get ready for 2 and yeah, I still don't think 1 is really all that great of a game but it's fun enough. I was using my infiltrator guy that I started a year ago and got through enough of the game to get the next two ally achievements and I'll probably stop there since I'm just going to use my Vanguard for ME2.

Also, BlazBlue CS is fantastic. I'm learning Hazama and he's really really fun.

I can do most of the basic versions of the combos he's using but I need to figure out the mechanics of the combos off of hotenjin (that distortion drive kick). I really need to learn to tack on that drop to the ground into the second jumping C's though. That'd be an extra 1000 damage easy.

vladgd

« Reply #1003 on: January 24, 2010, 08:34:38 PM »
&feature=sub

this is kind of related.

i fought this ryu player online...he destroyed me.  i did get one round on him, but i had a feeling that he let me take a round. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 24, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »
He seemed a bit slow to me, but by the looks of his medium (medium? whatever) attack and his batman grappling hook he should be more then fine on the speed front. Personally I'm liking Noel and Tsubaki. Noel just seems all around easy to use and Tsubaki seems like an odd combination of a street fighter charecter and Holy Order Sol.

Also this game is really hardly anything like GG outside of a few game mechanics.

also vlad, HADOUKEN HADOUKEN HADOUKEN HADOUKEN HADOUKEN HADOUKEN. That guy is stupidly good but watching a good shoto player is just annoying.