Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 588153 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1035 on: February 10, 2010, 03:52:08 PM »
Yeah, great game.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 10, 2010, 08:54:22 PM »
double post for opinions. but what could anyone say about TvC, No More Heroes 2, AVP, Assassin's Creed 1/2, Bioshock 1/2, and Mass Effect 1/2.

vladgd

« Reply #1037 on: February 10, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »
tvc, nothing
nmh2, nothing
assassins creed 1/2, nothing
bioshock, alright
bioshock 2, nothing
mass effect 1/2, read half of my total posts

anywho, i got thane and the game forces me into the collectors ship even though i was like 2k iridium away from the smg ammo upgrade...motherfucker.

went through the collectors ship, got the sniper rifle upgrade since smg's = assault rifles, and shotguns blow.  plus the damage for the semi auto assault rifle for the praetorian fight is going to be needed.  

after that was over, i started the first combat in the ship, died twice, and ill try it tomorrow.  i guess ill bang my head against this until i get lucky, because harbinger knocking me out of cover = hey, what do you know, i am fucking dead.  not very fun when you are some 7-8 minutes into a fight.  that and the scions floating around aren't helping, kill one and GUESS WHAT!...another one appears.  

im laughing because this hard as balls fight isn't even what i was worried about, let's hope i don't go physically harming myself/objects this time.  

3 levels left....though i believe it's universally accepted that the collectors ship on insanity is the hardest level in the game.  ive read people who find this difficulty easy blowing medigels on this fucker.  

*edit*

maby i was fucking wrong, because this goddamn part is

when you think it's going to end, it doesn't.  when a harbinger is in your face, you die, there are lots of harbingers.  you don't want to run out of the starting place because the scions move from place to place, when they do that, you die.  

when im doing "good" i use every medigel i have(one scion attack = no shields, if you don't have shields, you die), and then a harbinger impacts me out of cover when my powers are on cooldown and a scion one shots me.  

this

is

not

fair

ohh and that enemy you almost killed....yeah full barrier and armor when harbinger takes control.  ohh, and that barrier takes some working down to destroy, same with the armor.  

did i mention harbinger doesn't fuck around with cover, he casually walks towards you knocking you out of cover.

can't spend too much time trying to kill grunt enemies, remember that scion you want to kill but can't because grunt enemies turn into the more dangerious harbinger?  yeah, you have to kill them first.  

if harbinger blasts you out of cover when a scion attacks you, bye.

no courtesy checkpoint mid battle

as a sentinel this is impossible

ninja gaiden for the nes is a fun game compared to this bullshit

i want to hang myself
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:15:34 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 11, 2010, 02:17:46 AM »
double post for opinions. but what could anyone say about TvC, No More Heroes 2, AVP, Assassin's Creed 1/2, Bioshock 1/2, and Mass Effect 1/2.

TvC - fantastic game. A lot more to it than I first thought. Lots of interesting characters.
NMH2 - improved over the first game in literally every possible way. Extremely good and now one of my favorite games
AVP - demo was awful with terrible matchmaking and broken balance. Marines just camp bright corners so nothing can approach them.
AC1/2 - I loved 1 and 2 is also improved in every way. Great games, fantastic story
Bioshock 1/2 - 1 was fantastic, 2 is pretty good so far but I'm only an hour into it so I don't know where it's going
ME1/2 - eh, they're there. pretty standard bioware games

vladgd

« Reply #1039 on: February 12, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »
i uhh beat the collectors ship.

first fight is that rage inducing piece of trash.  i killed the first scion somehow without harbinger raping my face, then i continually proceeded to get lucky.  
second fight is some exploitable collectors, not hard

third is the praetorian fight.  took three tries, but overall rather...fun?  yeah, i enjoyed this fight.  i mean it was kind of getting lucky with team mates killing off husks and collectors, but i mean, the praetorian itself was really not that bad.  you pretty much have a multi leveled square to run around which has cover all around.  run, blast off barrier with collector pulse beam when he isn't shooting laser at you, spam armor killing abilities/armor killing weapons such as sniper/carnefex heavy pistol when he isn't barriered, spam pulse beam when he is.  keep a good enough distance where you can safley get to the next cover, his laser beam brings on levels of pain few people see.  pretty much it really, allies keep the adds distracted, you play ring around the rosie with the praetorian, then finish off the collectors in the very back not doing anything to you, save, and yeah.  

fourth is some generic collectors.
fifth is HUSK SWARM!!!1111, so fly a kite and it's not too bad.

going to do some side crap for upgrades and whatnot before going to the reaper ship.  

*edit*

i beat the collectors ship with a level 15 sentinel by the way

none of this ng+ level 30 soldier "lol insanity is easy" crap

*edit*

did more than i intended today, usually when i beat a level im done for the day.  did the samara loyalty quest (due to no combat and i am lazy right now) and two no/low combat sidequests.  mined a bit, then jumped into the reaper.

HUSKS HUSKS HUSKS GODDAMN HUSKS HUSKS HUSKS HUSKS

pretty fun, lots of husks, then generally a scion or two in the mix later on.  plenty of room to run around, heavy pistol/sniper rifle armor piercing upgrade helps down them alongside heavy warp.  

so yeah, im at the "take reaper IFF" room, so...ill leave today as a good day and do that tomorrow.  but thus far it's been pretty fun.  

mordin incinerate blast in a group of husks to de armor them, samara throw field =  8)

playing on normal difficulty is going to feel like going back to kindergarten after im done with this playthrough.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:41:16 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 12, 2010, 02:46:19 AM »
TvC - fantastic game. A lot more to it than I first thought. Lots of interesting characters.
NMH2 - improved over the first game in literally every possible way. Extremely good and now one of my favorite games
AVP - demo was awful with terrible matchmaking and broken balance. Marines just camp bright corners so nothing can approach them.
AC1/2 - I loved 1 and 2 is also improved in every way. Great games, fantastic story
Bioshock 1/2 - 1 was fantastic, 2 is pretty good so far but I'm only an hour into it so I don't know where it's going
ME1/2 - eh, they're there. pretty standard bioware games

Thanks, but I'm starting to realize my PC controller is going to hell fast and my hardrive is full so I'm probably spending the dosh on that.

Still, I haven't had a new Wii game in a while, let alone a multiplayer game.

Then again Stalker COP is 20 bucks on Steam. Ah steam...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:55:47 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1041 on: February 12, 2010, 05:05:31 AM »
i would edit this in my post, but i brought pictures, so read the last edit, and these are related. 

im at the end of this mission, so finish this, suicide mission, achievement get. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 12, 2010, 02:31:38 PM »
# Game Breaking Bugs: Enemy-thrown grenades in Clear Sky will quite literally home in on the player, actually changing direction in mid-air to ensure that they always land at the player's feet.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/STALKER

Now no one can complain about my bitching.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 12, 2010, 07:19:21 PM »
Haha, I was so pissed with that too, it was one of the many reasons I didn't bother to finish CS. CoP is leaps and bounds better.

vladgd

« Reply #1044 on: February 12, 2010, 10:08:25 PM »
bitch away, i seem to be the only person being super 'ragin man right now.  i like company :)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 13, 2010, 12:26:12 AM »
I'm more pissed at the fact that I can't find console codes so I can be invincible and just stab everyone in the dick.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 13, 2010, 11:06:22 PM »
I started to get familiar with wiremod in Garry's Mod. It's crazy all the stuff you can do with it. I just used thrusters, velocimeters, and angular accelerometers to make an object able to stop itself from moving and rotating in zero-g. I also learned how to make a 7-segment digital clock. I'm going to use that clock in-game a lot.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1047 on: February 14, 2010, 01:21:29 AM »
Wow, that is really awesome. I'm amazed they've come up with shit like that. Garrys mod really is an awesome tool for learning about crap.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1048 on: February 14, 2010, 07:19:59 AM »
i totally popped in halo ce and played the first two levels.

halo 2 might suck, halo 3 might be just ok, but halo 1 is the shit.  plus like the silent cartographer level is fucking awesome, who needs to play any other level?

K-Mann

« Reply #1049 on: February 14, 2010, 07:57:23 PM »
Halo games were alright. Wanted to try Halo Wars but decided to get Ass Creed 2 instead, which was an excellent solution. Finished that and moved on to Bioshock 2 which is good so far, had to restart because I was so fuckin' tired the first time, so I just got to Ryan Amusements lol. Pretty fun.