Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 582480 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1050 on: February 14, 2010, 08:42:50 PM »
I've heard several times before that Halo CE has an amazing solo game, I need to check it out.

Also Army of Two's cover system > Gears cover system.

vladgd

« Reply #1051 on: February 14, 2010, 10:24:43 PM »
single player AND co op is pretty damn good

and i got garrus/mordin on my adept vetran file.

the fucking gunship in the garrus mission went down like popping a balloon with a grenade launcher.  5 grenades, incinerate, two warps, bam.  i swear it glitched though since i only got it down to half health, maby if you do a certain amount of damage to it in a certain time it just dies, since that's what happened.

*edit*

alright, i finally got some good ole fashion cod in.  starting to fall in love with a class only intended to take down air, as a class to use all the time.

tar-21 w/silencer
stinger
claymore/stun
scavenger
cold blooded
steady aim

putting the silencer on the tar makes the shit recoil it had...almost like gone.  it's like less than a star with holographic.  plus the damn gun does so much damage, it's one of the only guns i don't mind rolling with without stopping power, because the tar does not need it.  you can use it like any of the other assault rifles, the silencer also has it's obvious benefits of not going off on radar, but i mainly have it on to reduce the recoil.  one more thing, with steady aim, and the tar's natural good damage, it's pretty good when fired from the hip.  

my new favorite gun/class right there.  AND since it's my cold blooded stinger class, BYE BYE HARRIERS, BYE BYE AC130, PAVELOW, CHOPPER GUNNER, TURRETS.  

unless the silencer thing is just a placebo effect...it does make my gun sound cool...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:23:06 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 16, 2010, 04:58:41 AM »
Wow. STALKER CS is just such a bitch. I got past the construction site by sniping a few people, getting to a safe spot by the wall, taking out a few more guys then I ran inside the complex thing and shot anyone I could while spamming health packs. After that you have to take out this places power generator, which was easy, but then you have to go through this odd hallways that's fucking full of enemies, a machine gun placement, and a sniper. You need to sneak past the MG, kill the sniper and all his friends, and then have your guys blow up the MG guy.

So after all that jazz you get into a new hallway and was greeted with a boss fight against a helicopter that has a chain gun mounted onto it. So after a fairly lengthy fight and me trying not to get hit due to having no band-aids and not wanting to use all my med packs just to stop bleeding I finally beat him. About 5 or so guys rush in through a random door and I kill them. Then I come to ANOTHER hallway with a DIFFERENT machine gun nest and more random badguys to kill.

I've killed abut 100 mutants and almost 400 people, ugh.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 16, 2010, 11:42:42 PM »
Are you on Limansk or something? That's right before the end of the game, IIRC.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 16, 2010, 11:57:19 PM »
Nigga I'm at the NPP and I need to fight Strelok himself who has a goddamn aura of rape around him.

I was in that little area between Limasnk and NPP (it wasn't even mapped, it was just this hallway that was basically a decaying building with lots of rocks and dirt in it)

Also the monolith guys aren't that hard, but they stand behind these tiny pipes and can throw grenades with 100% accuracy further then the effective range of my assault rifle. Shit's so glaringly unfair that I might just uninstall.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 17, 2010, 05:12:17 AM »
Don't you have the Gauss Rifle yet? That thing literally OHKO's anything you point it at, shit is bananas. I know they give it to you at some point during the plot, but I never actually got past Red Forest when I played it. And besides, you can't kill Strelok, that would create some kind of time paradox. Mercs are bitches, anyways.

Also interesting trivia note: Scar is actually mentioned in SoC, on one of the PDA's of Strelok's crew members (Ghost? I think?) it mentions that Fang was killed by a Merc with a scar on his face, and that they were going to try to track him down after they venture to the NPP. Or maybe it was one of the other guys. Something like that happens though!

I'm playing through CoP with the SMRTER .41, which is basically the CoP equivalent of Oblivion Lost. Shit's pretty awesome, there's a ton of new weapons added, and I still haven't found them all after playing through with this mod once before, but the game is going much more smoothly, I'm running through this time favoring Duty as opposed to Freedom, hopefully I can snag a Duty Exoskeleton, since that would be badass, and I'm pretty sure that's how you get one. >_>

vladgd

« Reply #1056 on: February 17, 2010, 08:45:52 AM »
playing some mount and blade warband beta.

it's pretty alright.  mounted combat is like insta gib, and archery is annoying.

but, you can only kill one dude at a time when lancing on a mount, and aiming with a bow takes more skill than you would think.

i did my best game with a two handed sword running in and raping whoever i could see.  have a shield handy to quick switch to when you have ground to cover with archers firing at you, when you close the distance, bye bye archers.  

it's nothing like a hardcore multiplayer game, but it's pretty fun.  i only wish the single player was in the beta so i could see what they did to it.  i mean, the new graphics aren't awesome, but they are certainly ok, especially when compared to the stand alone vanilla game.

ohh, and the gear system is pretty interesting.  you have set amount of gold(1000 to start) to equip your character with whatever at the start of a game, and as you get kills you get more gold to get say that 2000gold armor, or that badass 600 gold sword with that 476 gold shield.  as you are getting kills, you are getting money to get better gear throughout the game.  you lose gold when you die, so i assume you want to keep spending it as you get it, since you spawn with the gear you have equipped.  but it's nothing broken, just better equipment.  i mean, if you take a horse charge lance without blocking with a shield, you are dead regardless of what you are wearing.  it's funny seeing a fail charge into a group of allies, then see the fucker get chopped to pieces since he lost all momentum. 

ive only played for an hour or so, pissing around, but i like what ive played thus far.  

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 17, 2010, 04:05:06 PM »
Don't you have the Gauss Rifle yet? That thing literally OHKO's anything you point it at, shit is bananas.

I have one with 100 shots, and it doesn't look like the rape machine it used to be. I need to retry it.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 17, 2010, 05:59:47 PM »
Yeah, give that a try. If it's anything like it is in SoC and CoP, it ought to one-hit even pseudogiants. @_@

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 17, 2010, 10:17:47 PM »
It's only a 1 hit kill on headshot, which is about the same as the VSS sniper. Probably going to just uninstall, it's not worth the effort considering how fast everything has gone down hill.

On a semi related note, I got a chuckle from this video.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:20:00 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1060 on: February 18, 2010, 01:12:58 AM »
i wish i was "watcha playan'" the starcraft 2 beta :<

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/beta-i-starcraft-ii/62017

video relevant, short, and silly. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 18, 2010, 02:26:18 AM »
I'm still afraid of SC. I've never been good at RTS games, but it definitely looks fun. Suppose I should get my hands on the original first.

vladgd

« Reply #1062 on: February 18, 2010, 03:04:24 AM »
i blow ass at the original, but im hoping (even with how similar it is) i can get my feet wet with sc2 and get good enough where im decent.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1063 on: February 18, 2010, 07:45:43 PM »
I love SC, despite the fact that I'm basically useless at it, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1064 on: February 18, 2010, 10:36:11 PM »
the zerg "narrator" sounds very similar to a female wraith from stargate atlantis.  

SPAWHN MOAR OVERLOARDSSSSS

*edit*

watching a terran nuke people in a stream.  fucks up his cloak so he has no energy to re cloak, nukes anyway healing the ghost from all of the drones attacking him with the medivac (think dropship medic hybrid), ends up getting the nuke off and the ghost ended up living.

loloo

but apparently he's uploading that game to youtube, so ill link it when it's up.

*Eddgtd*

this is part 1, as of this edit, part 2 isn't uploaded

&feature=sub
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:15:47 AM by vladgd »