Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 581541 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1110 on: March 13, 2010, 04:45:33 AM »
the thing is, he wasn't hard.  i just got unlucky and died the first time some 20+ minutes in the fight.  the second time, with my new setup, i basically destroyed him because my damage output with haste and an upgraded weapon was pretty monster. 

second time i downed him in like 8. 

vladgd

« Reply #1111 on: March 13, 2010, 06:45:40 AM »
i uhh i uhh i uhh...

im not playing any more ff13

double post...i uhh

i need an anger management counselor

i will no longer talk about it as i did something very bad

i feel like shit, physically and mentally, i almost don't want to play videogames anymore
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:48:10 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 13, 2010, 07:37:33 AM »
Save over your game with a new game after playing for 40 hours?

Because my friend Eli totally did that with my FFX game. I sat down and played for 42 hours straight. Went over to my friend Phil's house and Eli asked if he could start a new game to see the beginning. He got to the first save point and pressed X really fast and ended up saving over my game. To this day I have not been able to get through FFX. Ever. I've tried. And then I stop.

In any case, I now have like 1400 attack and it's pretty awesome. I'm probably just going to go fight optional hunt monsters until I run into something impossible and then grind until I max out what I've got for the Crystarium. Then I'll go beat the game. Aaaaand then they open the very final level of the Crystarium where you can become a god (seriously, your HP maxes out around 20,000 in this game) and then I'll go fight everything else. I never did all of the hunts in FFXII (mostly because I don't have 9 hours to sit and fight Yiazmat dear lord) so I think I might try for this one.

vladgd

« Reply #1113 on: March 13, 2010, 07:47:33 AM »

K-Mann

« Reply #1114 on: March 13, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
Aaaaand then they open the very final level of the Crystarium where you can become a god (seriously, your HP maxes out around 20,000 in this game)

Fuckin finally. 9999 got annoying

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1115 on: March 13, 2010, 03:56:16 PM »
Because my friend Eli totally did that with my FFX game. I sat down and played for 42 hours straight. Went over to my friend Phil's house and Eli asked if he could start a new game to see the beginning. He got to the first save point and pressed X really fast and ended up saving over my game. To this day I have not been able to get through FFX. Ever. I've tried. And then I stop.

That's me and FFIX, lol. I was in the corridor near the end with like, 4 bosses in a row, or something. Just after the "Quina thinks s/he is swimming in the ocean" room, I think. I had a save in front of it, but then as I was working on trying to beat the bosses (I'm always under-leveled in FF games) my save card got corrupted. I stopped playing it for years, and even now have never beaten the game.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 14, 2010, 03:45:32 PM »
So I just got FFXIII and a strategy guide.

Enjoy your install time and oh so slightly less visual detail, 360fags.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 14, 2010, 07:34:06 PM »
I laughed.

Also there's a run button in Super Metroid? I was literally stuck at this one part because I didn't know it existed. Should be useful the next time I fight a boss. Oh and I'm going to try and beat Earth Bound if I can find the time, considering I doubt I'll get into Veiwiful Joe 2 anytime soon.

Oh yeah, and does anyone here play TvC? I've only played one person so far and I want more human on human training.

vladgd

« Reply #1118 on: March 14, 2010, 08:46:37 PM »
the only "major" problem i see with FFXIII on 360 is having the HDD space for it.  i recently got a 60gig HDD so it's none of my concern, but people who bought 360's back when the 15gig was the only thing that came with the "pro" version, they get screwed over into paying $100.00 for some more space.

yeah you could install one disc at a time, when you hit the next disc, save, leave game, and install, but even then you couldn't really have any other downloadable items on the HDD.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 14, 2010, 11:08:59 PM »
Yeah, I have a really hard time with installing games. I can't install a game and download a demo or get larger dlc aside from some Rock Band songs.

Also, I finished FF13's story. Really good. Now I have over 10,000 HP and I should probably do most of the hunts until I run into a brick wall. That can wait though.

Also, going to try out the Blur beta pretty soon.

vladgd

« Reply #1120 on: March 15, 2010, 02:17:52 AM »
from what little played, and what good amount i watched my friends play, blur looks pretty damn good.

i think their goal was "need for speed + mario kart" which it basically is.

this is coming from a guy who's last three racing games are f-zero gx, diddy kong racing, and star wars episode 1 podracer.

and uhh i picked up pokemon silver, probably play that in a bit after i do my drawing for the day.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 15, 2010, 06:16:45 AM »
Blur's a pretty cool game and I have to get used to the steering but yeah, it's sort of like that. There were only 447 people playing when I tried though so I ended up in a race with 2 other guys and one was already level 10 so we got wrecked. It'd be more fun with more people and some buddies.

K-Mann

« Reply #1122 on: March 15, 2010, 11:23:31 PM »
Whats the story with FF13 freezing? I haven't opened mine yet, but when I was looking at guides online, I saw links where apparently it has become an issue?

I have a 360, but apparently it happens to both 360 and PS3 owners alike.

Really excited to play it, but now I'm wary about it haha

vladgd

« Reply #1123 on: March 16, 2010, 01:35:44 AM »
i have had no problems with my game ceasing to work other than going zangief on the thing.  

also, pokeymans, i decided to try out the pokewalker thinger.  threw my cyndaquil in the thing, walked my walk of 3600 or so steps according to the thing.  well, i then spent some of the "watts" which for every so many steps you take, you get one watt, from my 3600 or so steps, i got about 150 watts.  you can catch pokermans or get items, i really only picked the catch pokemon option, and there was doduo and pidgey, so i caught both.  i would assume you get different pokemon depending on the "route" you take, since when you connect the walker with the ds, you can choose a set of places to walk in, i chose the first option, but there was only two to choose from.  seems like you can unlock new routes when you get more watts, so walk more, get more paths.  also there is a gift option which i did, i don't know what i got yet since i haven't gone into my game per say, just the main menu to access the pokewalker stuff.  the two really cool things in my opinion, the pokemon you catch in the walker, they go to your pc box, so they are actual pokemon you can use in the game.  the second, cyndaquil leveled up from said walk, yeah, he leveled up.  

the short version of this

-pokewalker is kind of cool, it like earning stuff for the game as you are out and about doing whatever
-you catch pokemon in it which you can use in the game
-your pokemon can level up in the thing
-you can get items with it

i haven't tried the linking pokewalkers to eachother, but when i do (i bought my game with a friend of mine, so i have silver, he gold) i will report on it.

all in all, it's a pretty neat little device.  as for battery, i don't know how long it lasts, but it goes into a "sleep" mode when not touched for 20 or so seconds, in this mode it can still sense steps you take and whatnot.  but due to this, i can assume you won't need to change the batteries for a long time.  

*edit*

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokewalker

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:21:24 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 16, 2010, 03:50:22 AM »
Wow, just dicked around for a few seconds in GG Accent Core and I found out some nice new air combos with Slayer and Robo along with a combo that leads into me being able to combo into two different slayer supers. Shit, I love this game.

Also I just realized Contra Hard Corps has additional stages beyond the secret ending. Must beat this.