Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 567440 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1140 on: March 21, 2010, 06:15:06 PM »
Oh fuck, I feel retarded after forgetting final fantasy now.

Also I just drank so much vodka in STALKER that the game crashed, awesome.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1141 on: March 21, 2010, 07:17:27 PM »
Oh fuck, I feel retarded after forgetting final fantasy now.

Also I just drank so much vodka in STALKER that the game crashed, awesome.

Haha, that's awesome.

But yeah, My list isn't comprehensive, but it's a good overview of most of the RPGs for the SNES.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1142 on: March 22, 2010, 04:49:14 AM »
played mw2 at a bros place.

i don't own the game anymore, im pretty glad.  didn't have a good time BECAUSE of that game. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 22, 2010, 07:56:01 AM »
It really is a very abusive game. The super high price on the map pack makes it a lot easier to stop playing too. Activision's just buries themselves deeper and deeper with every new action they take.

I finally have 3 ultimate weapons in FF13 so my main party will soon be really super powerful for the most part. I still need to level the weapons and the accessories I need but for the most part I'm strong enough to beat nearly every hunting mission. Lightning's Omega Weapon is based off the Lionheart for a solid mix of attack/magic and quick stagger, Fang's Kain's Lance is based off the Taming Pole for much higher attack even though it has stagger lock (just means she can't actually put the enemy into stagger) and Hope's Nue is 100% all magic and he does unbelievable amounts of damage with it. I'll get the other two Genji Gloves from the missions and then I can have a team of guys doing hundreds of thousands of damage per hit, which is good because some of these things have like 15 million HP, like the super turtle enemy guy you have to kill for a trophy.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 22, 2010, 01:14:52 PM »
wat

I thought you people were all over MW2? Also Cave Story Wii is out, and I'll probably buy it at some point.

vladgd

« Reply #1145 on: March 22, 2010, 11:26:41 PM »
mw2 is 100% grade A bullshit: the game.  some people can tolerate it more than others, 4 days of online play is about all the mw2 i can take.

as for the ffxiii file, 4 hours, disc 2, lol. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 23, 2010, 03:29:40 AM »
Sounds like you played too much death match. Not that I like MW2 or anything, but Death match in a game like that is literally a dice roll.

Also I just hopped onto SF4 for shit's and giggles and I beat Abel's trials. I think I'm just now starting to get the hang of this game, but my controller is making me rage to much to play more.

Fuck Super Metroid. It's like constantly trolling me and I can't stop playing it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:52:21 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1147 on: March 23, 2010, 04:51:32 AM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/22/gigantic-list-ssf4-changes-and-notes/

speaking of sf4, posting link to go back to later.

since ssfiv is going to be a $40.00 game, one of my bros who LITERALLY ONLY PLAYS MW2, is interested in getting it because of the last time we got together and played sfiv.  like, if i can get ANY person i can meet up with irl to play some fightans, that's just good.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1148 on: March 23, 2010, 09:18:31 AM »
Sounds like you played too much death match. Not that I like MW2 or anything, but Death match in a game like that is literally a dice roll.

I liked Team DM a LOT better.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 23, 2010, 03:22:37 PM »
I know what you mean, I was so happy when I got my one friend into fighters. Face to face fights are just so much better then online.

Shame none of them really care/try them. It's all SHOOTAN BRAH with them.

Shit, I had one of them run around randomly in MW2, get sniped, and said "fuck this game". They hardly want to try games unless they have that massive hype following.

I liked Team DM a LOT better.

I hardly see how, shit is annoying. I mean yeah, it's good mindless fun once in a while and you really don't need to worry about your dipshit team, but most of the time it's just far too mindless and random.

vladgd

« Reply #1150 on: March 23, 2010, 09:17:30 PM »
watching SSFIV stream on giantbomb, i kind of think i should go back to my old chun ways.  

qcf x 2 + PPP ultra 2 looks pretty ballin.  plus i think i quit chun due to hating online play for some reason, but if i can get local bros to play, problem eliminated.  

*edit*

goddamn i am very hyped for this game to the extent of i would buy a second TE if i had bros to play with weekly.  though, the bros i would be trying to get into this are drinker weed smoker SHOOTAN BRAH dudes, so...ill need a bit of luck here.  
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 09:43:25 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1151 on: March 23, 2010, 10:40:55 PM »
I hardly see how, shit is annoying. I mean yeah, it's good mindless fun once in a while and you really don't need to worry about your dipshit team, but most of the time it's just far too mindless and random.

I'll admit that I haven't had a chance to play online in quite a while (don't own it, no friends in town who have it and internet), but when I played, we usually played the TDM that had randomly assigned teams (whatever it was called), and basically rolled with it. You'd hope your team was good, and played the maps to the best of your ability. If some asshat started sniping you, you stopped walking into their path, got smart, and tried not to get sniped again. If some dipshit decided to drop a predator on you right when you spawned, you looked at their tag, and fucked their shit up when you saw them. We hardly ever had a setup that didn't change between matches, unless we were trying to level something up, we adapted to whatever crap they threw at us.

I suspect a lot of the cheap bullshit that people are doing now, was barely known of when I was playing. This was right near when it came out, barely played it recently, and the times that I did, it was with friends just playing, not trying to exploit stupid crap. Though I admit my friend mike has a habit of picking rust too often, just because he knows the map so damn well (and I'm not exactly great at the distances you usually end up fighting at in that map).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1152 on: March 24, 2010, 04:49:24 AM »
bout 7.5 hours in, half way through chapter 7. 

i am catching up to ye ole file faster than i would have thought.  not to mention bosses that gave me trouble the last time, no problems this time.  chapter 5 boss, chapter 6 boss.  i didn't die either time, but they gave me some problems, now i just steamrolled the both of em. 

so, the key to going fast is playing normally whilst knowing what to do, skipping all cutscenes, and muting the tv while listening to some podcasts. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 24, 2010, 12:59:07 PM »
If some asshat started sniping you, you stopped walking into their path, got smart, and tried not to get sniped again. If some dipshit decided to drop a predator on you right when you spawned, you looked at their tag, and fucked their shit up when you saw them. We hardly ever had a setup that didn't change between matches, unless we were trying to level something up, we adapted to whatever crap they threw at us.

That's basically all you can do, check the often camped spots and don't run through the spots easily covered by a sniper fire. Outside of that it's just running around and hoping you see someone before they see you. There's no real way to predict if someone will be behind you unless you camp, and if someone gets behind you you are dead. That's why I like round based game types the best, you always know which direction the enemy is coming so none of this random spawning bullshit and if they get behind you it's your own fault.

That and with game types like Domination and sabotage you can usually tell which side of the objectives the enemy team will be on.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 24, 2010, 02:20:21 PM »
The dumb part is that a huge amount of people will play objective-based modes like it's deathmatch anyway. Especially on stuff like Highrise. You'll end up with snipers facing every single window you can come out of, forcing you to go down below into the waiting arms of some guy who just knifes everyone who walks out the door. It's ridiculous.